You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Generic football news

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Generic football news

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:29 am

Gow come you didn’t mention us???
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:11 am

Wenger "What I was amazed is when you look at the percentage of people, 67% of people who had a contract in the top clubs between 16-20 don’t play football anymore at the age of 21. Can you believe that? It’s absolutely unbelievable. We have a job to do to keep these people alive"

A unfortunate statistic to say the least....
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:37 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
Wenger "What I was amazed is when you look at the percentage of people, 67% of people who had a contract in the top clubs between 16-20 don’t play football anymore at the age of 21. Can you believe that? It’s absolutely unbelievable. We have a job to do to keep these people alive"

I totally agree with Wenger... pressure especially that by parents is one of the most dangerous for prospective pros or semi pros.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:01 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

I totally agree with Wenger... pressure especially that by parents is one of the most dangerous for prospective pros or semi pros.

I think it would be better to leave Maltese football nurseries out of this - they are one big mess, the big ones splash huge monies for kids with potential even if they have enough kids to build 3 teams - kids are being lost in this mess. When a kid asks to leave to get playtime elsewhere the sums asked are disgusting - sometimes only a very small part of the fee is declared..

The article below explains the current situation although it's from 2016 when it looked like that the problem was finally being addressed, unfortunately nothing has changed - God knows what pressure the football clubs made to sweep everything under the carpet. And then we wonder what is the problem with our league / national team.

“The MFPA received some 30-40 complaints about the nursery compensation fee so far this year; in one case, a club had demanded €3,500 for a 14-year-old who wanted to move clubs,”

"...the system in a nutshell discourages children who are unhappy at their clubs or who aren’t playing regularly – from seeking greener pastures. The upshot of this is that disheartened children choose to drop out of the game entirely."

Call to ban football nursery fees gains political support, but clubs remain reluctant
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:48 am

and what about the exuberant payments they ask every year?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:23 am

ramsej84 wrote:and what about the exuberant payments they ask every year?

Good thing your son doesn’t love football eh?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:36 am

ramsej84 wrote:and what about the exuberant payments they ask every year?

They are not all the same, some of them are reasonable but a few others where the demand is high, are over the top but that is the rule of supply and demand - the cheek of it is, when a kid runs out of contract and wants to move from one nursery to another it is still not for free, all of them demand some € 600 as compensation for the investment that the nursery had put in the child. Disgusting ! as if they were doing it for free.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:55 am

:cry: :x

Sta Venera football player collapses on pitch
No ambulance present at Centenary Stadium at time of incident [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote::cry: :x

I still can’t understand the reasoning. So because it’s a lower level game there is less chance of serious injury in the authorities’ eyes?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote::cry: :x

I still can’t understand the reasoning. So because it’s a lower level game there is less chance of serious injury in the authorities’ eyes?

Umm... yes?

You have to draw the line somewhere. I've played in loads of matches in my lifetime. At school, with friends, with colleagues etc. I never had an ambulance present. Not once. Nor did I ever have a Malta FA paramedic equipped with an automated external defibrillator on standby.

What are you expecting, that they implement a requirement that anyone who wants to kick a ball needs to have an ambulance nearby? What about one outside every gym as well? What if I want to go jogging, should I get an ambulance to follow me?

Every day, probably around a billion people are exercising themselves somehow, and run the risk of heart problems. How many have healthcare at reach?

What they should do instead is hold the club responsible for this, after all heart problems should be something that can be discovered in a proper medical before a player joins a club. It's the clubs who let down this human being by failing to discover his heart problem and advise him to retire from football. The fact that he needed an ambulance is too little too late.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:16 pm

I wouldn’t draw the line between professional competitions of a different level, but between actual competitions and friendly games between friends. Of course there is still a risk when you’re playing with your friends, but to not have the relevant health and safety personnel present in an official match is a massive shortcoming in my book.

When I was in my early teens I used to compete in athletics and obviously we never had ambulances or doctors present when training but we always did in national competitions, even though they were of youth categories. First division football is even above youth competitions.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:25 pm

So you agree, they have to draw the line somewhere. And, inevitably, whoever is below said line is going to complain, like with every line you draw.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:11 pm

MUTU wrote:So you agree, they have to draw the line somewhere. And, inevitably, whoever is below said line is going to complain, like with every line you draw.

But there is a difference. If we organise a game among ourselves it's up to us if we want to hire an ambulance and pay for it (not sure this is actually possible, but hypothetically speaking). In an organised competition that's up to the MFA. For whatever reason, the MFA has decided the risk in football games at the Premier League level merit having an ambulance on site during every match. Why doesn't it feel the same way about the rest of its competitions?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Third Second First Premier fall under the same org.... the MFA

Enough said
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World