You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Generic football news

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Generic football news

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:25 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Finally

https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/other/fi ... ar-AAHQxWC

Fifa agrees a limit of loans (to foreign clubs) & to cap Agents' commissions.

At least a start.

Now pls Cap wages and transfer fees and shorten the summer transfer window

How about we cap your wage and order you to only be able to change your job for 2 months a year? :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:40 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Finally

https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/other/fi ... ar-AAHQxWC

Fifa agrees a limit of loans (to foreign clubs) & to cap Agents' commissions.

At least a start.

Now pls Cap wages and transfer fees and shorten the summer transfer window

How about we cap your wage and order you to only be able to change your job for 2 months a year? :P
Two different worlds
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Doesn't matter. Setting a maximum wage is illegal in almost every single country in the world and rightly so.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:59 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Doesn't matter. Setting a maximum wage is illegal in almost every single country in the world and rightly so.
And what are your thoughts about capping the transfer fees ?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:11 pm

I’m against all forms of caps. It won’t solve anything now that clubs already have the money.

Let’s say you cap it at 50 million. The big clubs have much, much, much more money. They would be able to buy literally anyone and it will seem extremely cheap to them. A small club that manages to sell their player for 50million realistically can only buy one player at 50 million to replace him. They can’t for example sell a superstar for 200 million and buy 3 very good players at 70-80 million, because who is going to sell anyone for less than 50 million when so many clubs could so easily afford them?

The only solution I see is not to limit wages or transfer caps but to limit the amount of money that is made from TV rights, sponsorships etc. This is the real cause of the problem with today’s football and its imbalances but probably any form of action in that regard is also illegal.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I’m against all forms of caps. It won’t solve anything now that clubs already have the money.

Let’s say you cap it at 50 million. The big clubs have much, much, much more money. They would be able to buy literally anyone and it will seem extremely cheap to them. A small club that manages to sell their player for 50million realistically can only buy one player at 50 million to replace him. They can’t for example sell a superstar for 200 million and buy 3 very good players at 70-80 million, because who is going to sell anyone for less than 50 million when so many clubs could so easily afford them?

The only solution I see is not to limit wages or transfer caps but to limit the amount of money that is made from TV rights, sponsorships etc. This is the real cause of the problem with today’s football and its imbalances but probably any form of action in that regard is also illegal.
All your pts are valid. But at least the thing about the Agents is a good start
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Football can do without agents I think...
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby r10 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Setting a maximum wage is illegal in almost every single country in the world
Is very legal i.e. by setting taxes.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Football can do without agents
And even more without coaches...
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:11 pm

No it’s not because taxation applies to everyone, not just soccer players, and it is imposed by the respective country, not FIFA... Nice try though... :coffee:
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Exactly, taxes are a country’s domain. A country can do whatever it likes with its laws. American sports, for example, does have salary caps, but that is only possible because ages ago the US government granted an exception from the relevant laws to the sporting associations. With American sports it’s fairly simple because players stay in America (especially something like baseball). Now imagine doing that in football, where you have to get every country to agree to such an exception to the law (and miss out on income from taxes).
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Why are you guys worrying about the legality of it? I'm not a lawyer, but it's simple in my eyes. A player would be allowed to be paid as much as his club wants, but in order for him to be registered by FIFA he needs to be paid below a certain threshold, otherwise his registration would be refused. Simple as that. No country can order FIFA to allow a player's registration despite breaking FIFA rules. It's not FIFA ordering countries to set the limit, but there would be a threshold (not a limit) under which players are allowed to be registered to play in any competition. If a club wants to pay a player 1 billion euros per year to a player, they'd be allowed to, but they would only be able to play him in friendlies since FIFA would not accept his registration.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:12 pm

MUTU wrote:Why are you guys worrying about the legality of it? I'm not a lawyer, but it's simple in my eyes. A player would be allowed to be paid as much as his club wants, but in order for him to be registered by FIFA he needs to be paid below a certain threshold, otherwise his registration would be refused. Simple as that. No country can order FIFA to allow a player's registration despite breaking FIFA rules. It's not FIFA ordering countries to set the limit, but there would be a threshold (not a limit) under which players are allowed to be registered to play in any competition. If a club wants to pay a player 1 billion euros per year to a player, they'd be allowed to, but they would only be able to play him in friendlies since FIFA would not accept his registration.

Perhaps. Not sure how this would be enforceable. Can FIFA even demand to see a private employee’s contract?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:42 am

MUTU wrote:Why are you guys worrying about the legality of it? I'm not a lawyer, but it's simple in my eyes. A player would be allowed to be paid as much as his club wants, but in order for him to be registered by FIFA he needs to be paid below a certain threshold, otherwise his registration would be refused. Simple as that. No country can order FIFA to allow a player's registration despite breaking FIFA rules. It's not FIFA ordering countries to set the limit, but there would be a threshold (not a limit) under which players are allowed to be registered to play in any competition. If a club wants to pay a player 1 billion euros per year to a player, they'd be allowed to, but they would only be able to play him in friendlies since FIFA would not accept his registration.
I don't think it works that way. As far as I know, that's what led to Bosman. It would trigger litigation, and FIFA would likely lose (but it wouldn't get to that, because FIFA would anticipate losing and hence not enact such a thing in the first place). Even if it were enacted, it would likely lead to splinter associations, with clubs (maybe China?) separating from FIFA and creating their own association without salary caps (threshold? you really think using a different name would make it anything other than a cap?). Gradually, non-Fifa leagues would take all the stars and salary-cap leagues would be left without top players.

There would be a host of other issues that would arise from it. Holding club revenues constant, if you restrict wages, then what would happen is clubs would stockpile quality players and rotate more heavily. For instance, since Barcelona can no longer pay exhorbitant wages to Messi, they would spend that money on alternates to Messi, midfielders etc. Hence the power inequality would still rise because top teams would demand even more top players (vs demanding a few extremely top players). Mid tier teams would be left within it their stars (think Tottenham, Juventus, Atlético). After being left without their stars they would go shopping in the lower tier teams for the best talent.

There is no way to cheat economics, of a club earns a lot more than another club, it will find a way to outperform that other club.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:13 am

The best option would be the capping of transfer fees.
For ex Max value of a player nod exceed €150M
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:The best option would be the capping of transfer fees.
For ex Max value of a player nod exceed €150M
And how would that work in regards to release clauses?

In any case, that would still lead to an even more unequal competition, because big clubs would employ the money they saved by not having to pay more than 150mn in stockpiling even a larger quantity of quality players.

None of the "solutions" any of you propose actually address the core issue in European football, which is that EPL clubs, RM and Barcelona earn much more money than teams in other leagues, and thus can accumulate quality far beyond that available to other leagues. To put an example, if PSG could have bought Mbappe and Neymar for a max of 150mn each, then they would have been able to also afford better defenders... Say, Pavard. Maybe Tolisso.

I don't even think there is any possible solution other than better marketing by the other leagues and possibly outside investment.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World