You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby tflags » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Is it me or should Asensio be given a nod ahead of Lucas Vasquez?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Missed the reason for cancelling Iran's goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offside
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44553686

Ingerlund fans at it again. :roll:

Taunting fellow fans who happen to support Spurs. Do they know that half the England squad play for Spurs? Idiots.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:56 pm

MUTU wrote:Thiago is kept on the bench again and a 34 year old who'll be playing in Japan next season is starting ahead of him.
It is not a difficult decision for the coach.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Senegal and Polish fans clash in Antwerp
http://global.espn.com/football/fifa-wo ... ng?src=com

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:34 pm

Bummed about Morocco. I don't think they deserved to go out like this. They played better than Spain vs Iran and certainly better than Portugal today. . . They just missed a good finisher. :cry:
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:06 am

tflags wrote:Bummed about Morocco. I don't think they deserved to go out like this. They played better than Spain vs Iran and certainly better than Portugal today. . . They just missed a good finisher. :cry:
Sounds like Bayern.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:49 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Thiago is kept on the bench again and a 34 year old who'll be playing in Japan next season is starting ahead of him.

...curse confirmed.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:17 am

And some people think that he can replace Iniesta!
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:45 am

ramsej84 wrote:

Why do you say that? He got the lowest ratings by all three Spanish media:

Marca:
His play led to Diego Costa's goal, but it was far from his best performance. He missed some of his usual clear cut passes and he looked tired. Again he was Hierro's first sub.

AS:
Iniesta: He's not at his best. He does not run like he uses to, but the play that led to goal was his, he took it with bounces, but the ball got to the area. On the second half, with all his friends he increased the load and ball circulation, but he did not reach his level. It is expected that he gains form as Spain advances. He was again Hierro's first sub.

Mundo:
Iniesta - Tímid
Yesterday we saw him very few. He wasn't comfortable in the game and it was hard for him to untangle the web Querioz had for him. He went from less to more however and made an assist that led to gol. Was replaced by Koke.

Hmm. Maybe you know something we don't.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 am

IsiahRashad wrote:

I think he can replace Iniesta, sure. Why do you find it funny? Spain is clearly far from its best a few weeks ago. . . It had one of the best qualifications process ever and suddenly they are playing a 4-2-3-1 that is not making much sense and finding it hard to beat Iran.

Unless of course you think yesterday's game was a good one which, tbh, none seems to agree with.

So again, if you don't mind, why do you find it funny?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:55 am

tflags wrote:

Poor Koke. He gets no attention on this forum. . . :lol:

Nah, I prefer Pepsi.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 am

tflags wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:

I think he can replace Iniesta, sure. Why do you find it funny? Spain is clearly far from its best a few weeks ago. . . It had one of the best qualifications process ever and suddenly they are playing a 4-2-3-1 that is not making much sense and finding it hard to beat Iran.

Unless of course you think yesterday's game was a good one which, tbh, none seems to agree with.

So again, if you don't mind, why do you find it funny?

It's funny because here on the forum we're arguing/fighting about who's better between Kroos and Thiago, and in the meantime Hierro prefers a 34 year old player who's clearly past his prime (he himself acknowledges it, otherwise he wouldn't have signed a contract with a Japanese club) to Thiago. The final nail in the coffin for poor Thiago is seeing that even his lesser-known cousin made it on the pitch.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am

MUTU wrote:It's funny because here on the forum we're arguing/fighting about who's better between Kroos and Thiago, and in the meantime Hierro prefers a 34 year old player who's clearly past his prime (he himself acknowledges it, otherwise he wouldn't have signed a contract with a Japanese club) to Thiago. The final nail in the coffin for poor Thiago is seeing that even his lesser-known cousin made it on the pitch.

Well see, now that is what I find funny. Seems to me this petty rivalry is what is generating these comments from you and others when in fact none has mentioned Kroos. Looks to me like you are so adamant in generating these comparisons you say the forum is having when in fact you seem not able to let go. I might be wrong but seems to me that way.

You also made that comment regarding Iniesta as to get back at me it seems when in fact you ended up looking ignorant. Hierro didn't ax Thiago, he axed Koke. In case you did not understand my reply, it was Koke who got benched, not Thiago. Hierro went from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 thereby deleting an extra midfielder in favour of a winger, Lucas Vásquez.

All you had to do was say Hierro preferred Koke over Thiago; not Iniesta. You know so little about Spain and one of the Cup's more known players you have no clue as to recognize the fact that NONE is replacing Iniesta anytime soon. Not even Kroos if he was born at the Puerta del Sol (for using a player you seem adamant to praise as the best.) Iniesta is in his last Cup. He will play this Cup for as long as he can run or keep a decent performance; period.

Now if you had any clue as to players you could have argued that for Hierro Koke has preference over Thiago. But I have noticed you don't tend to want to criticize a player with sound data but rather circumstantial evidence. And this is why you can't seem to be able to have an objective discussion. For sure Hierro will use Koke over Thiago if he so hoses to go back to a 4-3-3 as both Iniesta and Busquets are the pillars of this team. This is the most like scenario.

But that's not indicative of who's better either. You see, my friend, there's no final nail as you pretend to have. Not unless you want to make an educated discussion instead of a childish back and forth.

Where Hierro prefers Koke Lopetegui preferred (a bit more I would say) Thiago. See Thiago played for Lopetegui over first Fábregas and later over Koke. In fact in the very last part of the campaing Lopetegui used Thiago over Busquets with pretty good comments from the media as his choice in case he had to move Thiago from the 8th to the 6th.

So the question is who finally has the answer. Is it Lopetegi using the trio of Iniesta-Busquets-Thiago or Hierro with just Iniesta and Busquets and Koke as the supper sub.

The answer might be, for example, that Lopetegi ran one heck of a campaign bringing Spain as one of the favourites whereas Hierro and his second match is generating questions everywhere. He said he wasn't chaning much; and yet more than one critic say he got a bit lucky in making it past Iran; which is NOT a good sign. Then again, he does have the rest of the Cup to prove everyone wrong.

So please, MUTU, if you want to have an educated discussion about football, may I suggest you discuss with a little information.

Just say'n.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:47 am

Did you fall out of bed this morning, T? What an arrogant post. Thiago replaced Iniesta in the previous match so Hierro sees him as a replacement. Now if you want to say that Koke is also ahead of Thiago in the pecking order be my guest. Truth is, opinions like this are not compliant with a high opinion of Thiago's playing abilities and you yourself were saying that Iniesta played poorly so where does that leave things? If Bayern wanted to sell Thiago, Hierro is certainly not doing Bayern a favour.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World