You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:10 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes. I thought it sounded funny when I wrote it

I've always supported German NT as my fist football memory is a WC1994 sticker album. I instantly fell in love with this sticker for whatever reason. I think I liked the jersey and the foil on it. I also liked the name of the players (Klinsmann, Michael Schultz, Haessler, Moeller...)

I was only 5 years old by the time the World Cup took place and I have lots of memories from many different games. Even the 1-1 versus Spain. I remember teasing my old brother when Germany scored the equaliser :D

Since then I became a football addict and started to support Bayern as I loved how the words Bayern Munich sounded :oops: Those were not specially good times for Bayern, so I'm not the glory hunter kind of supporter. My dad also bought me a genuine Germany adidas jersey that I used to wear every day at school. :D

Now in modern football I see no special reason to support your own country NT. I understand it makes more sense rather than a foreign NT, but on the other hand the Spanish Federation is full of corruption and we also have players like Diego Costa who represent Spain just because their country rejected them.

Also I love Bundesliga for many reasons and I would not be able to cheer up for Madrid and Barcelona players and go against the players that I watch and support every weekend.
Very interesting. For me it's quite different. If Malta plays a qualifier against Germany where Germany needs a win to qualify, and Malta has no chance, I would support Germany.

But in a hypothetical World Cup final, I would definitely support Malta over Germany (like that's ever going to happen haha).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:48 pm

Fishanschipsland and USofhamburger are doing all they can to stop Russia from organizing the World Cup.
Boris Johnson went on to compare the Russian world cup with Hitler's Olympics...

P.S Fifa excluded all English Refs... there won't be any during the World Cup finals

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Fishanschipsland and USofhamburger are doing all they can to stop Russia from organizing the World Cup.
Boris Johnson went on to compare the Russian world cup with Hitler's Olympics...

P.S Fifa excluded all English Refs... there won't be any during the World Cup finals

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I don't care about them.

It will be refreshing and most welcome to put tiresome politics aside and all enjoy a good old World Cup tournament together. Good to have the world cup as a physical reminder that the general public of Russia and the general public of the rest of the world have no problem with each other. Such problems are manufactured by political/military/industrial bodies with the media as the mouthpiece.

People are similar the world over. We all enjoy sport, family entertainment and all coming together in a positive way: Everything the World Cup represents at its best.
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Not that I agree with ramsej and his constant victimization, but: bread and circuses? ;)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Fishandchipsland :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate it btw (you probably won't be surprised). So dry and tasteless. And fattening.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Lukas » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:41 pm

I also have no problem with England not going (they won't be there long anyway plus I don't support them). A bigger problem for me would be if, hypothetically, there was an enforced media blackout by the government out of protest against Russia.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Lukas » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:45 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Now in modern football I see no special reason to support your own country NT. I understand it makes more sense rather than a foreign NT, but on the other hand the Spanish Federation is full of corruption and we also have players like Diego Costa who represent Spain just because their country rejected them.

Also I love Bundesliga for many reasons and I would not be able to cheer up for Madrid and Barcelona players and go against the players that I watch and support every weekend.

This is how I feel too.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:26 am

Lukas wrote:Fishandchipsland :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate it btw (you probably won't be surprised). So dry and tasteless. And fattening.

Yeah, I mean seriously, have you guys ever heard of this thing called SALT?
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:36 am

#12 wrote:

Doesn't help with the dryness though. And there's so many better ways to cook fish than plunging it in a tub of boiling oil. And it's generally cod which is particularly boring and tasteless.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby KrampusIsReal » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:40 am

We are ready for RussiaImageImageImage

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:03 am

Lukas wrote:
#12 wrote:

Doesn't help with the dryness though. And there's so many better ways to cook fish than plunging it in a tub of boiling oil. And it's generally cod which is particularly boring and tasteless.

Yeah and way to ruin fries man...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Lukas wrote:Not sure whether the draw could throw them together earlier but Spain, France, Brazil, Germany should be the last 4 if they avoid each other.

Brazil and Germany can only meet in the final if they both win their group.

I worked this out when the draw was held so I don't remember well, but I think Spain could be an early opponent for Germany.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:36 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:And he is not scared to experiment with new tactics

I agree that he made lot of mistakes in the past. And I agree that Mustafi injury played a crucial role in our chances of winning WC 2014 and Lahm was wasting his time as CM. But he deserves lot of credit for all what he has achieved

We often talk about NT's with great players that fail to build any success. But Germany has been always in the final stages of every tournament since he took over

Euro2008 - 2nd
WC2010 - 3rd
Euro2012 - semifinals
WC2014 - 1st
Euro2016 - semifinals
CC2017 - 1st

I wouldn't feel safer with any other coach. Loew has done a brilliant job and managed a smooth generational renewal after 2008. He knows the team and the players better than no one and I can't think of someone who would do a better job than him :)

I don't know if he would ever be any successful in club coaching, but as Germany NT coach he is the perfect fit.

I used to criticise Loew for being too reluctant to ever change his lineup or his favourites. That changed in 2016. 2014 to some extent too, but injuries helped there as you pointed out. In fact, up until 2014 Loew was quite lucky with injuries giving him a better squad... Neuer, Muller... I'm not too sure they'd have started in 2010 otherwise.

He has definitely improved. I'm still not sure he'd do well at club level, but as you pointed out he has always gone far. In fact, I only start to worry when Germany reach the SF. There's a kind of aura that in earlier rounds, Germany will qualify no matter what. In fact, if I remember well I had said this when Germany played Italy 2 years ago. I think Pep had the same kind of effect on me.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 pm

And the Confederations Cup was something huge IMO. Not because it's a big tournament, but because you could see other nations were DESPERATE to win the trophy. Specially Chile.

But Germany fielded a young B or C team and easily won the title :shock:

You may argue that certain injuries helped him to take decisions that otherwise he wouldn't have taken, but he was unlucky with some other as well. Marco Reus and Guendogan come to my mind. Schweinsteiger in 2012 an 2016.

And about the World Cup I would like to mention his tactical masterclass against Brazil in the semifinals. I agree that Brazil meltdown after being 3-0 down made things easier, but Kroos and Khedira mopped the floor with Brazil in that game. One of the best tactical master classes I've seen in a long time.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:26 am

I have this impresson those Ruskies are going to show up all doped and shit.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World