You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Isabella wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Isabella wrote:(and he can not give that second yellow after seeing the VAR if you do not know that)

No I did not know that. So if the ref is called he has to either give a red card or leave his decision as is?

Yes, at least by the rule book... Sure would fairer if VAR has power also on yellow cards but we will need to wait for that

I think you might be a little confused. THis is not a question of the referee showing a card (either one) or not after reviewing the video monitors. The referee is NOT hindered from any decision the video assistant referee suggests. What the VAR assistant cannot call him upon to review IS the act following a yellow card (or two).

The idea behind this is not to limit the referee but rather to let the flow of the game as it was and ONLY intervene in situations that will undeniably affect the game such a wrong goal, playing with one less player, etc. 1st or 2nd yellow cards are NOT included in this criteria.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 pm

MaCk0y wrote:So today at work, we did the drawing of the World Cup sweepstake game. Everyone bets one euro and randomly draws a team. Guess whom I got? :D

Germany
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:So today at work, we did the drawing of the World Cup sweepstake game. Everyone bets one euro and randomly draws a team. Guess whom I got? :D

Germany

Malta. :mrgreen:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 pm

tflags wrote:I think you might be a little confused. THis is not a question of the referee showing a card (either one) or not after reviewing the video monitors. The referee is NOT hindered from any decision the video assistant referee suggests. What the VAR assistant cannot call him upon to review IS the act following a yellow card (or two).

The idea behind this is not to limit the referee but rather to let the flow of the game as it was and ONLY intervene in situations that will undeniably affect the game such a wrong goal, playing with one less player, etc. 1st or 2nd yellow cards are NOT included in this criteria.

Tried to understand what you're saying here, but failed miserably.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm

MUTU wrote:I know we've been over this a long time, but since this is a NATIONAL (rather than ETHNICAL) team, then a basic requirement for me is not to only hold citizenship but to have lived in the country for a few years. I find it disgusting that players visit a country for the first time in their life in order to represent the country's national team in a home match, and shame on the national teams that allow such players to play for their team. Where is the pride?

The pride is right there where it has always been. Don't worry about them. :D Go to France, Belgium and Holland and insult their origin and roots and you'll convince yourself if they are French or actually Morrocan, Algerian, Ivorian, Tunisian, Cameroonian, etc. :lol:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Germany
Yep. And everyone was pissed at me.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 pm

FCB general wrote:
MUTU wrote:I know we've been over this a long time, but since this is a NATIONAL (rather than ETHNICAL) team, then a basic requirement for me is not to only hold citizenship but to have lived in the country for a few years. I find it disgusting that players visit a country for the first time in their life in order to represent the country's national team in a home match, and shame on the national teams that allow such players to play for their team. Where is the pride?

The pride is right there where it has always been. Don't worry about them. :D Go to France, Belgium and Holland and insult their origin and roots and you'll convince yourself if they are French or actually Morrocan, Algerian, Ivorian, Tunisian, Cameroonian, etc. :lol:

You're mixing ethnicity with nationality. Ethnicity is your link to the people, culture and DNA of people who generally live in a country. Nationality is your link with the geographical location. We're talking about national teams here, so only nationality should matter not ethnicity. They should make interethnical matches for people who 'feel' a link to a different ethnicity to the one present in the areas where they live(d).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 pm

MUTU wrote:You're mixing ethnicity with nationality. Ethnicity is your link to the people, culture and DNA of people who generally live in a country. Nationality is your link with the geographical location. We're talking about national teams here, so only nationality should matter not ethnicity. They should make interethnical matches for people who 'feel' a link to a different ethnicity to the one present in the areas where they live(d).

Among some people in Europe, one can't go without another. That's why I said you all that. :) Just ask them and you'll see what nationality and ethnicity they are, though.
You can always make that - just invent something like FM, Fifa, PES and then they'll play. :lol: Stop using that C, C++ shít in real life, Mutu. :mrgreen:

The things are still good when we take a look where all that club-zation of nationals teams has gone so far. But in the near future, who knows... The last Euro was a debacle, maybe the World Cup 2022 becomes even far bigger disaster with 48 teams. :|
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:30 pm

FCB general wrote:
MUTU wrote:You're mixing ethnicity with nationality. Ethnicity is your link to the people, culture and DNA of people who generally live in a country. Nationality is your link with the geographical location. We're talking about national teams here, so only nationality should matter not ethnicity. They should make interethnical matches for people who 'feel' a link to a different ethnicity to the one present in the areas where they live(d).

Among some people in Europe, one can't go without another. That's why I said you all that. :) Just ask them and you'll see what nationality and ethnicity they are, though.
You can always make that - just invent something like FM, Fifa, PES and then they'll play. :lol: Stop using that C, C++ shít in real life, Mutu. :mrgreen:

The things are still good when we take a look where all that club-zation of nationals teams has gone so far. But in the near future, who knows... The last Euro was a debacle, maybe the World Cup 2022 becomes even far bigger disaster with 48 teams. :|

Hmm you threw in a swipe in there eh? :lol:

We'll never agree on this issue so we might as well stop. But, don't you find the Moroccan NT selection at least unfortunate?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:42 pm

this was also a big debate in the US, starting before the last World Cup. Klinnsmann brought in several German-Americans (ex: Julian Green) who had American fathers but grew up in Germany. I was always okay with the idea of bringing them in, but a lot of people weren't...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:56 pm

It's up to them what they feel like. There's obviously a clear distinction of ethnicity and nationality/culture but the feeling of belonging could come from either one.

For instance, I never had any problems with Özil and Gündoğan playing for Germany, because I thought despite their Turkish ethnics they pretty much feel German the way Boateng and Khedira do. Until recently of course - they clearly feel Turkish so shouldn't play for Germany.

There are also people who feel genuinely like they belong in two, usually because they're half-half. I think those people have a special privilege to choose their national team strategically as they wish.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:05 pm

On a different note get ready for the new tedious sound during the games... https://www.facebook.com/scmp/videos/10156397932039820/
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Russian police detained veteran British LGBT rights campaigner Peter Tatchell in Moscow on Thursday for what they said was an illegal protest on the first day of the soccer World Cup. [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:32 pm

MUTU wrote:We'll never agree on this issue so we might as well stop. But, don't you find the Moroccan NT selection at least unfortunate?

From which perspective unfortunate?
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 pm

FCB general wrote:
MUTU wrote:We'll never agree on this issue so we might as well stop. But, don't you find the Moroccan NT selection at least unfortunate?

From which perspective unfortunate?

As in non-ideal. How many of the 17 would have opted to play for Morocco had they been top players also requested by the country in which they were born and bred? One can't even argue in favour of Benatia who had opted for France U18 before switching to Morocco. I dare call most if not all of them mercenaries who are only playing for Morocco because they were the only country they were eligible to play for willing to play them.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World