You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:we are accepted ... and you know why ? cause we do as the Romans do when in Rome unlike others who want to export their culture / Religion to other areas ... and they do succeed cause in the countries that they go to they found a vacuum !

No we don't. There's literally Maltese communities that do the equivalent of Maltese festas and go around carrying a statue of Holy Mary or Jesus. If Muslims didn't consider depicting Mohammed as wrong, you'd be the first one to complain if a Muslim community in Malta carried a statue of Mohammed in Maltese streets.

E.g. in Canada:
https://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/v ... tue.216149

It also happens in Australia.

Absolutely nothing cries Maltese "culture / Religion" more than having a Maltese-style festa complete with a procession of a Christian statue.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
we do that in Christian countries...

go and do that in Saudi Arabia or Egypt....

edit. Islam does not permit statues or paintings neither of God nor for the Prophet Mohammed peace be upon him
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:02 pm

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:02 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:Few thoughts

- Comparing European immigrants with non-European immigrants to me is silly. Social and cultural differences exist. Maybe sooner than later the dream will come true and the entire World will be westernized wearing baseball hats and uttering the musical N-word. Then someone drawing a distinction between the immigrants will be considered a racist. But at the moment there are still distinct social and cultural differences.

- I came across many media and social outlets celebrating the French WC victory as an analogy of diversity succeeding (I.E. former President Obama). Then to me all this Native European bashing of the French team is then also fair. Those of us that like our heritage can then also openly reject this French team.

I personally have no more interest in Western Europe than the USA. These places grow more similar by the day with places in Europe just having older buildings. The people are the same (non Native Europeans), the toxic culture exists and the same obnoxious, disrespectful and backwards social norms rule. No thanks.

1.) there is... And there’s no problem in pointing it out... The problem is pretending that Europe, a country or in most cases even two cities have a common culture is bullshit in itself! We have common values, yes, those grew over centuries and that’s what is definitely our heritage and our point of zero tolerance as well... But **** there’s tons of foreigners I have more in common with than my neighbor(s)... Is it worth getting all worked up over her throwing the twigs she cuts from my bushes because they grow half an inch on her side on my lawn? That’s as German as it gets probably, and I despise it...
The main problem is: you didn’t talk about these things... You talked about Africa, how France NT are "not European" and you talked about rape and whatnot... So like it or not, if anyone is throwing the N word your way it’s not the other people’s fault, it’s yours...
Fits perfectly with the zeitgeist you later go on to criticize: nobody today is taking responsibility for their own actions and deeds - it’s always someone else’s fault!

2.) Most of it I already answered in 1.) but just this: yes, there’s both sides and somehow both are equally stupid... I read A LOT more from the side that is antagonizing this France - despite my social media bubble most likely being more on the liberal side - but be it as it may: it’s a question of eggs and chickens... And whataboutism...
And again there’s rejection, which is fine, and there’s sprouts of vulgar below the belt insults and whatnot- and that’s what you did...

3.) I guess you're free to live elsewhere then, where social conduct and rules are more to your liking...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:13 pm

I always thought that there was something German in Griezmann...

His Dad is from Munster...
His mum is Portuguese by the way...

Giroud : ita
!!

https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/sta ... 12096?s=19
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:19 am

ramsej84 wrote:I always thought that there was something German in Griezmann...

ramsej84 wrote:German in Griezmann

ramsej84 wrote:Griezmann

ramsej84 wrote:Griezmann

Really, I wouldn't have guessed :P
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:08 pm

How the f ekk he chose those over his father's son????

His father must be a softie....

What a shame
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:How the f ekk he chose those over his father's son????

What a shame

It's really very simple.

His mother opened her legs in France and gave birth to Antoine, which made Antoine French. Antoine didn't care where his great-grandmother opened her legs (from his mother's side that would be Portugal) but only where his mother did.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:How the f ekk he chose those over his father's son????

What a shame

It's really very simple.

His mother opened her legs in France and gave birth to Antoine, which made Antoine French. Antoine didn't care where his great-grandmother opened her legs (from his mother's side that would be Portugal) but only where his mother did.
Not all do the same...

During the world cup I read the story of Ivan Rakitic...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:57 am

I don’t understand people who grow up in one country, go to school in a country and all your mates grow up in that country with you, but at decision time you care to represent a country you didn’t grow up in and have barely ever been to.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:03 am

pyrasur wrote:I don’t understand people who grow up in one country, go to school in a country and all your mates grow up in that country with you, but at decision time you care to represent a country you didn’t grow up in and have barely ever been to.
I believe it is a matter of character/ upbringing also
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:47 am

ramsej84 wrote:
pyrasur wrote:I don’t understand people who grow up in one country, go to school in a country and all your mates grow up in that country with you, but at decision time you care to represent a country you didn’t grow up in and have barely ever been to.
I believe it is a matter of character/ upbringing also

Spoiler: show
David Diehl is an NFL player and he consider himself a Croat even though his family name Diehl is pure German that automatically says he is German through father's blood line and we in Croatia consider only father's line as legitimate and hereditary. The same is worth in Serbia, Montenegro, BiH, Slovenia, very likely Bulgaria and other Slavic countries.

Diehl's mother is of Croatian ancestry(Dalmatia region) and that doesn't stop him to declare himself and feel Croat, also he attended Catholic Church founded by Croats. He even tattooed a royal Croatian coat of arms with the first white field and he is a fan of HNK Hajduk Split.
David said in an interview for Croatian media how much he was influenced as a child by Croatian culture and heritage in the USA despite the fact his family name is German and his German father.

Being a Croat is faaaar more than just being born in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, the lands of Croats.

There's a saying here in Croatia: "Not everyone can be Croat, it's an honor and a privilege!"

Croats from diaspora(Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Canada, USA and even South Africa) know that very well since ever even though some of them not just integrated, but even assimilated in other countries(Americas) and societies, but kept the awareness, customs, heritage of being Croats despite some of them no longer speak Croatian. Very rare Croats fully assimilated into new countries and forgot their origins.

Funny thing is that sports are exactly the place where all Croats from both Croatia/BiH and diaspora are going to show who they are and what they are and promote their ID, pride, homeland, just like football players, basketball players, handball players and many other individual athletes such as UFC champion Stipe Miočić.

Globalists and multi-culti folks despise this totally. As we have a song from the World Cup 1998 and some lyrics: "may everyone suffer who's bothered, Croatia is the world champion!" :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 pm

Weird, since THE defining element of culture is language...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:49 am

Fénix wrote:Globalists and multi-culti folks despise this totally. As we have a song from the World Cup 1998 and some lyrics: "may everyone suffer who's bothered, Croatia is the world champion!"

This story sounds like the epitome of multi-culti :coffee:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 am

Ill tell you a little bout my story. I was born in Eastern Europe behind the Iron Curtain but parents brought me to the USA at the age of 4. Three decades later I am returning. Never felt American and I have seen that country transform before my eyes

I feel bad for people that grow up/live without a clear heritage (most Americans). I think this happy plan of diversity mixing is driving all people in the West in that direction.

My parents spoke our Native language at home, we ate our Native food at home. The only thing missing was a community and especially extended family (uncles/cousins/grandparents around). So in a way I integrated but maybe never assimilated. I think this Multiculturalism is an experiment. I think it is a gamble. I think it will transform the West (North America, Australia, Western Europe) into fractured socities in the sameway these colonist nations left other parts of the World. And ultimately that is my analogy. These colonist are social engineering yet again but now their own homelands. Some sick shit, to be honest. I prefer to return to my fatherland that never colonized and is hardened culturally and socially from centuries of invasion/occupation. "Race card" doesnt exist here. It is OUR PEOPLE first and foremost. Not even a debate or thought. After 3 decades of diversity and "freedom", this is where I want to set my roots and raise my children.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World