You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:13 am

MUTU wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:http://hoofoot.com/?match=France_4_-_2_Croatia_2018_07_15

Watch at 1:40. There is contact. Griezmann did fall easily but every other player would have done the same.

At 1:40 it shows Griezmann was already on the way down BEFORE the contact.
Basically, Griezmann was fouled whilst diving :mrgreen:
True. :D But I think that is still considered a foul since he didn't manage to fall on the ground before getting fouled.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:18 am

the most curious thing is when the ref was going back onto the pitch but a little devil in his ear called him back... and decided to give the penalty ...

who knows what that voice told him! '' remember what we told you ... we have an agenda and you have to comply'' ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:23 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:
Lukas wrote:Why is everyone unhappy about France winning? Don't answer that. Political reasons

But what about Tolisso? Are people not happy for him? Well he is "impure" and "not European" I suppose

Yes political, cultural and social reasons.

For such a team to defeat the European inspirational Croatians is especially difficult to swallow. As a Native European I would have preferred an Argentina, Japan or Senegal to win than this.

I will take a step back from the sport for a bit. The disappointment of this event goes deeper than simply athletics.

Even if what you say about France were true and they're not Europeans (I disagree completely), it's not as if Europeans have a natural right to always win the WC.

The best team in the tournament won. That is all that should matter. Or would you rather see more Chelseas and Portugals?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 am

ramsej84 wrote:the most curious thing is when the ref was going back onto the pitch but a little devil in his ear called him back... and decided to give the penalty ...

who knows what that voice told him! '' remember what we told you ... we have an agenda and you have to comply'' ...

Maybe if Russia were playing. :lol:

Come on... I disagreed with the penalty top but there are grounds for awarding it. Whatever the referee's decision it was a case where both choices were justified and although the other side understandably argues against the decision, in the end they cannot say that it definitely was a penalty or it definitely wasn't.

The referee had to make a difficult decision. He took his time to make it too.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:32 am

I bet that if the teams were inverted the Ref would have waved play on...

Justice belongs to the stronger.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:46 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:
Lukas wrote:Why is everyone unhappy about France winning? Don't answer that. Political reasons

But what about Tolisso? Are people not happy for him? Well he is "impure" and "not European" I suppose

Yes political, cultural and social reasons.

For such a team to defeat the European inspirational Croatians is especially difficult to swallow. As a Native European I would have preferred an Argentina, Japan or Senegal to win than this.

I will take a step back from the sport for a bit. The disappointment of this event goes deeper than simply athletics.

Even if what you say about France were true and they're not Europeans (I disagree completely), it's not as if Europeans have a natural right to always win the WC.

The best team in the tournament won. That is all that should matter. Or would you rather see more Chelseas and Portugals?

If I had to sit thru Croatia losing then yes a 4 goal showing was entertaining

On the subject of France/Europeans - I feel no sense of this team or their performance being a representation of UEFA. I view them as mercenaries. There isn't that sense of accomplishment like when Germany won on South American soil in 2014. Are these French players European? I think so but I feel absolutely no accomplishment with their performance. When I google and see articles written about how this team represents a victory for immigrants in Europe it makes me sick and reinforces why I was always against them. Native Europeans were united behind Croatia and immigrants were united behind France. To me it illustrates the increasing difficult road ahead for Western Europe. But as someone that still lives in America, this isn't a surprise. Race is a constant mental obstacle. I spent the past month in Poland and it has been very refreshing to avoid that mental burden. This was the least racist and race focused month ive enjoyed in maybe 10 years. I have 1 more week in Poland and i am really dreading the return "to the West"
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:the most curious thing is when the ref was going back onto the pitch but a little devil in his ear called him back... and decided to give the penalty ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop it, this is too much!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:08 pm

MaCk0y wrote:http://hoofoot.com/?match=France_4_-_2_Croatia_2018_07_15

Watch at 1:40. There is contact. Griezmann did fall easily but every other player would have done the same.

Football is a limited contact sport, isn’t it? :roll: he was already going down by the time there was “contact”

I’m more so sad about Croatia losing than France winning.

Croatia was such a romantic underdog story that you’d have to be heartless to not fall in love with it! (Apparently many here are that damn cold!)

I wanted to see a first time winner playing against a mighty pre tournament favorite! Alas “luck” went in the bigger teams’ favor (again)

As for the penalty, players have to use hands for leverage during set pieces and if the ball unintentionally hits your arm, IMO it is harsh, same as Bastian two years ago. Penalty for handballs should be in clear and obvious cases only because you’re giving a team literally a free shot at goal.

http://www.espnfc.com/video/espn-fc-tv/ ... ll-rule-is

Now reasons why I’m upset with France winning:
1. Style of play. Deschamps is a coward like Mourinho. Both have teams stacked with quality attacking talent but still play not to lose first and foremost! If Deschamps made France play the way they have the potential to then they’d be crushing teams like Australia, Denmark and Peru 4-0 instead of sweating to 1-0 wins.

France’s best performances came against teams that came out to play and struggled against fellow bus Parkers. Also, it would’ve been interesting if France had gone behind more often because then they’d have to be forced to actually take the initiative instead of just playing Giroud as a defensive midfielder. Pavard’s one in a million goal bailed France against Argentina, big time!

2. Direct Rivals. Based on quality, the French are currently Germany’s number one rivals in Europe. Traditionally I consider only Italy, Netherlands and England to be bigger rivals than France for the Germans.

3. Griezmann. Ok today I’ll finally admit it. I hate him! He’s one of the players I was never fond of, super punchable face and cringing goal celebrations. I’ve seen him dive before (well it is La liga of course!) I’ve always found him to be unlikeable and now after yesterday, I despise him. He’s in the same category as Suarez 2010 for me.

4. Politics. Many ultra leftists have already jumped on the bandwagon and are already claiming that “diversity” won France the World Cup and therefore it is such a boon to (white) countries. Now I don’t have any problems with Black people or people immigrating to other states however this utopian left wing narrative of importing foreign, sometimes incompatible, cultures is something I don’t agree with!

5. This cuts Germany’s lead of Four Stars on a fellow European rival. Only way I would have supported France would be if their opponents were: England, Brazil, Spain, Portugal or Argentina.

I’m glad for Tolisso however. He’s a very good player and I hope he goes on to become a beast of a midfielder at Bayern.
Last edited by America USA on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:Native Europeans were united behind Croatia and immigrants were united behind France.

I'm a native European and I was united behind France because I felt they played the better football.

Also France are full of immigrants, true, but it irritates me more if someone who spent his life in one country decides to play for a different country simply because his great-grandmother opened her legs to give birth in the latter country.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:Native Europeans were united behind Croatia and immigrants were united behind France.

I'm a native European and I was united behind France because I felt they played the better football

Me too. Plus other personal reasons for liking France as a country and French people
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Congratulations Africa!' - Nigerians celebrate France 2018 World Cup triumph [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

The guy is just a role model to all footballers, humble and down to earth.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Yes, Kante strikes me as a very, very timid guy. Always quite shy and down-to-earth in interviews, never in crazy Instagram photos, etc. Yet he's that good at what he does, clearly a sign of him putting his head down and working very hard.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 pm

French integration at it's best, ,...

There was also serious trouble in the eastern city of Lyon, where hundreds of youths went on the rampage, attacking cars and setting fire to wheelie-bins. One video showed a Lacoste clothes shop being ransacked, as thieves wearing France shirts ran off with T-shirts.

There was also serious trouble in the eastern city of Lyon, where hundreds of youths went on the rampage, attacking cars and setting fire to wheelie-bins. One video showed a Lacoste clothes shop being ransacked, as thieves wearing France shirts ran off with T-shirts. [source]
watch this video,,
there was a guy also with the Algerian flag... nice integration...

how nice , how beautiful ... frAnce

poor Frenchies,,, it is so nice and beautiful to live in France...
is this the future of Western Europe>!>>!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

spot the difference from the post before this Can't see tweet? Click here!

Civil ppl ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World