You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 am

yes but at which height is the head too low or the foot too high? and if its grey area shouldnt it be like the offside rule is supposed to be, if it s in the grey area play on, *at one point it was wished, that if it is too close to call, then it shall not be called
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am

DerKaiser wrote:yes but at which height is the head too low or the foot too high? and if its grey area shouldnt it be like the offside rule is supposed to be, if it s in the grey area play on, *at one point it was wished, that if it is too close to call, then it shall not be called

Well, in the article I linked, this former FIFA referee is saying it should have been given as dangerous play. I've certainly seen lower feet being punished.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 am

MUTU wrote:Not that I'm complaining, but this was to be expected given Cakir (Bayern 2nd leg vs Real Madrid) being referee, Zwayer (Bayern final vs Frankfurt) as VAR and Kuipers (Bayern 1st leg vs Real Madrid) as 4th official.

Here's an unbiased source:
Croatia 2-1 England: Perisic goal should have been disallowed, says AS resident ref Iturralde [source]
The English defender lowered his head ,so no dangerous play

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:34 am

Kudos to Croatia, they showed courage and great mentality, I enjoyed their comeback against those untalented lads. What a great demonstration of mental strength in the extra time... I couldn't believe in my eyes watching Perisic,Mandzukic and above all Brozovic pressing and fighting like that this was extraordinary!

It would be much easier if Pivaric or any other footballer(hell... Subasic could do better) was starting instead of Strinic. Sime Vrsaljiko was very bad offensively as well but he assisted and was solid. Nevertheless Croatia deservedly qualified to the final but I'm afraid that the French midfield trio will eat them alive after all these extra times and Modric isn't young either... If Ivan Rakitic plays another average game like this I don't see Croatia winning the trophy. I'll support them though
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Not that I'm complaining, but this was to be expected given Cakir (Bayern 2nd leg vs Real Madrid) being referee, Zwayer (Bayern final vs Frankfurt) as VAR and Kuipers (Bayern 1st leg vs Real Madrid) as 4th official.

Here's an unbiased source:
Croatia 2-1 England: Perisic goal should have been disallowed, says AS resident ref Iturralde [source]
The English defender lowered his head ,so no dangerous play

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

And Perisic saw him lowering his head but still took his foot to the defender's head. At the same time, the Englishman didn't know what was happening because Perisic came from behind him. Perisic knew it was dangerous because as soon as the ball hit the back of the net he turned around to look at the referee to see whether or not he was going to chalk it off.

I wanted Croatia in the final, but for me that was a foul.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:02 am

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 am

Achilles wrote:Kudos to Croatia, they showed courage and great mentality, I enjoyed their comeback against those untalented lads. What a great demonstration of mental strength in the extra time... I couldn't believe in my eyes watching Perisic,Mandzukic and above all Brozovic pressing and fighting like that this was extraordinary!

It would be much easier if Pivaric or any other footballer(hell... Subasic could do better) was starting instead of Strinic. Sime Vrsaljiko was very bad offensively as well but he assisted and was solid. Nevertheless Croatia deservedly qualified to the final but I'm afraid that the French midfield trio will eat them alive after all these extra times and Modric isn't young either... If Ivan Rakitic plays another average game like this I don't see Croatia winning the trophy. I'll support them though

:roll: A young team we took did excellent and competed well against a good Croatia team. Pickford, Maguire, Trippier, Henderson were all class all tournament. Stones was pretty good for the most part. Kanes one of the best strikers in the world love to know how our teams untalented.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:33 am

CaptainLahm21 wrote:
Achilles wrote:Kudos to Croatia, they showed courage and great mentality, I enjoyed their comeback against those untalented lads. What a great demonstration of mental strength in the extra time... I couldn't believe in my eyes watching Perisic,Mandzukic and above all Brozovic pressing and fighting like that this was extraordinary!

:roll: A young team we took did excellent and competed well against a good Croatia team. Pickford, Maguire, Trippier, Henderson were all class all tournament. Stones was pretty good for the most part. Kanes one of the best strikers in the world love to know how our teams untalented.

I think Henderson was terrible and very much the reason why England is toothless at times. Stones was outstanding to me.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:38 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
CaptainLahm21 wrote:

I think Henderson was terrible and very much the reason why England is toothless at times. Stones was outstanding to me.

Well your entitled to your opinion but with the formation we play Henderson is the only defensive minded midfielder and he protected the back 3 brilliantly all tournament and his passing was good in the tournament as well.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:40 am

I hardly think Henderson "protected" them since the back 3 always had a lot to do in every game. He also had a 65% accuracy against Colombia, whose midfield were probably the worst in the Round of 16.

Think England desperately need to develop Harry Winks.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 am

On a different note, this is a great final. Whoever wins I will be happy.

I like France. They have a good team and have Tolisso, i don't know any French supporters, and they've only won it once. And I think almost everyone wants Croatia to win.

I prefer Croatia slightly but I think it's going to be a one-sided final
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:It's no all about never surrendering and stuff...

PunkCapitalist wrote:They did put in a fantastic effort, and I can't believe hoy they could still run after so much game time, but quality matters.

The quality is really important, but in the end it's all about how much do you want it, how much do you believe in it and never surrender. You read what Dalić, Modrić and co. said after Russia and England match.

p.s. You just answered on your own question, completely unaware of it. :lol: :wink:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Lukas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 pm

My uncle is married to a French woman and I've been a few times with them and my cousins so I'm backing them
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:19 pm

CaptainLahm21 wrote:

There was something which lacked in the past editions... teamwork and team spirit,,, the only one who lacked this was Sterling imo.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Lukas wrote:My uncle is married to a French woman and I've been a few times with them and my cousins so I'm backing them

Confirmed.
Lukas is not from England :lol:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World