You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:48 pm

That genuinely hurt no complaints in the end thought the ref was lenient with Rebic and extremely lenient with Lovren. Really weird game first half we were good deserved our lead and looked comfortable. Second half dreadful all croatia all half we were too negative and just waited til they scored. The last 20 mins we were beyond lucky croatia absolutely battered us and deserved a winner before extra time. First half of extra time thought we recovered and were back on top without creating anything. Then second half early in croatias pressure told good movement by mandzukic stones fell asleep bang we're out. Just a bizarre game both teams would only attack at one end of the pitch. Think taking off Henderson was a mistake he needed support not to be removed. Croatia overall were the better team. However i am happy with out tournament happy with Pickford who for some bizarre reason ITV pundits (a big uk TV channel to those who dont know) picked him as our weak link with no reasoning whatsoever he was outstanding today and in the tournament.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lukas wrote:Life will return to normal tomorrow. The remainers will shrug and say the country betrayed them and they shouldn't be supporting the team anyway as it represents the Little England mentality. The Brexiteers will return to destroying the country, convinced that their "independence" will be a great thing

The atmosphere in Edinburgh wasn't as great as you described. About half were supporting England. Probably depending on where they stand on independence.

You’re calling it independence now?

I meant Scottish independence not Brexit :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:09 am

CaptainLahm21 wrote:That genuinely hurt no complaints in the end thought the ref was lenient with Rebic and extremely lenient with Lovren. Really weird game first half we were good deserved our lead and looked comfortable. Second half dreadful all croatia all half we were too negative and just waited til they scored. The last 20 mins we were beyond lucky croatia absolutely battered us and deserved a winner before extra time. First half of extra time thought we recovered and were back on top without creating anything. Then second half early in croatias pressure told good movement by mandzukic stones fell asleep bang we're out. Just a bizarre game both teams would only attack at one end of the pitch. Think taking off Henderson was a mistake he needed support not to be removed. Croatia overall were the better team. However i am happy with out tournament happy with Pickford who for some bizarre reason ITV pundits (a big uk TV channel to those who dont know) picked him as our weak link with no reasoning whatsoever he was outstanding today and in the tournament.

ITV are fucking clueless. I don't particularly like the BBC coverage either or Sky or BT, actually all UK football coverage is shit and the pundits don't have a clue, but ITV are the worst of the worst. Hate them not just for the football but the shit TV they usually show.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 am

Lukas wrote:
CaptainLahm21 wrote:That genuinely hurt no complaints in the end thought the ref was lenient with Rebic and extremely lenient with Lovren. Really weird game first half we were good deserved our lead and looked comfortable. Second half dreadful all croatia all half we were too negative and just waited til they scored. The last 20 mins we were beyond lucky croatia absolutely battered us and deserved a winner before extra time. First half of extra time thought we recovered and were back on top without creating anything. Then second half early in croatias pressure told good movement by mandzukic stones fell asleep bang we're out. Just a bizarre game both teams would only attack at one end of the pitch. Think taking off Henderson was a mistake he needed support not to be removed. Croatia overall were the better team. However i am happy with out tournament happy with Pickford who for some bizarre reason ITV pundits (a big uk TV channel to those who dont know) picked him as our weak link with no reasoning whatsoever he was outstanding today and in the tournament.

ITV are **** clueless. I don't particularly like the BBC coverage either or Sky or BT, actually all UK football coverage is shit and the pundits don't have a clue, but ITV are the worst of the worst. Hate them not just for the football but the shit TV they usually show.

They slagged of Pickford before the Belgium game and then like vultures blamed him for Januzajs goal was honestly a joke then Pickford made a ridiculous save against colombia then another good save in the penalty shoot out and three good to great saves against Sweden and was brilliant today as well. Pickford at only 24 is genuinely a special talent will be one of the best gks in the world without a doubt in my mind.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby America USA » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am

Delighted that England Lost. Idiots lost to both the decent teams they played and only worthwhile opponent they beat was Sweden (could only beat a James-less Colombia on penalties)

COME ON CROATIA!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:54 am

This is all I wanted to see from Croatia after 1998 - never give up! Never surrender!

It's on us, it has always been and always will be. :)

“Never surrender, it's all about the faith you got: don't ever stop, just push it 'till you hit the top and if you drop, at least you know you gave your all to be true to you, that way you can never fall”

That's what I'm seeing in my homeland through this tournament, FINALLY!!!. =D> Over 3 billion people shall see and hear for Croatia on Sunday... the last, the final World Cup game.

One more match, one more fight, one last time, one last round and one last ring of a bell.

AJMOOOOOOOOO!!!! IGRAJ MOJA HRVATSKAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 am

Fénix wrote:This is all I wanted to see from Croatia after 1998 - never give up! Never surrender!

It's on us, it has always been and always will be. :)

“Never surrender, it's all about the faith you got: don't ever stop, just push it 'till you hit the top and if you drop, at least you know you gave your all to be true to you, that way you can never fall”

That's what I'm seeing in my homeland through this tournament, FINALLY!!!. =D> Over 3 billion people shall see and hear for Croatia on Sunday... the last, the final World Cup game.

One more match, one more fight, one last time, one last round and one last ring of a bell.

AJMOOOOOOOOO!!!! IGRAJ MOJA HRVATSKAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Don't intend to spoil your moment or anything (I'm quite happy that Croatia won, actually, quite a likeable team), but no... It's no all about never surrendering and stuff... Your team has several quality players, definitely a far better midfield than England, and Modric can be argued to be the player of the tournament.

They did put in a fantastic effort, and I can't believe hoy they could still run after so much game time, but quality matters.

I'm saying this because some in here think the fight is all that matters, and no... It's not all.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="Lukas"]Life will return to normal tomorrow. The remainers will shrug and say the country betrayed them and they shouldn't be supporting the team anyway as it represents the Little England mentality. The Brexiteers will return to destroying the country, convinced that their "independence" will be a great thing

The atmosphere in Edinburgh wasn't as great as you described. About half were supporting England. Probably depending on where they stand on independence.

You’re calling it independence now?

I meant Scottish independence not Brexit :P[/quote]

I know
Still no reason to not have some fun with a little ambiguity
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:55 am

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:58 am

Not that I'm complaining, but this was to be expected given Cakir (Bayern 2nd leg vs Real Madrid) being referee, Zwayer (Bayern final vs Frankfurt) as VAR and Kuipers (Bayern 1st leg vs Real Madrid) as 4th official.

Here's an unbiased source:
Croatia 2-1 England: Perisic goal should have been disallowed, says AS resident ref Iturralde [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 am

As glad as I am that Croatia won, I am duely impressed from the english team. They are reminding me of germany some years ago. I think they in general have greatly improved their team and just need about 4 more better players to be dangerous. Its tough to say if they overacheived because of draw, but I saw some fine points, like having 2 really fast players in the back and forward , still lacking clinical and concious team effort pressing. still if this keeps up england will soon be a force.
sure hope croatia doesnt go all silly defensive vs france
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:22 am

MUTU wrote:Not that I'm complaining, but this was to be expected given Cakir (Bayern 2nd leg vs Real Madrid) being referee, Zwayer (Bayern final vs Frankfurt) as VAR and Kuipers (Bayern 1st leg vs Real Madrid) as 4th official.

Croatia 2-1 England: Perisic goal should have been disallowed, says AS resident ref Iturralde [source]

I disagree, that picture is after the fact and a continuation, its that grey area where one player puts his head down low and the other hip level, so i believe advantage foot. plus no contact whatsoever.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:28 am

DerKaiser wrote:
MUTU wrote:Not that I'm complaining, but this was to be expected given Cakir (Bayern 2nd leg vs Real Madrid) being referee, Zwayer (Bayern final vs Frankfurt) as VAR and Kuipers (Bayern 1st leg vs Real Madrid) as 4th official.

I disagree, that picture is after the fact and a continuation, its that grey area where one player puts his head down low and the other hip level, so i believe advantage foot. plus no contact whatsoever.

If this happened in the middle of the pitch, the ref would have whistled for a foul and no one would have complained.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 am

gosh mutu are you watching the games with german comentators cause they also talk such 'nocontact view of the game. "oh there was shoulder contact n the box" No contact means no contact player didnt flinch because of it hip level, i dont see your point.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am

DerKaiser wrote:gosh mutu are you watching the games with german comentators cause they also talk such 'nocontact view of the game. "oh there was shoulder contact n the box" No contact means no contact player didnt flinch because of it hip level, i dont see your point.

There doesn't need to be contact for it to be considered dangerous play. In fact it's considered dangerous play specifically because there is no contact. Take a read at page 26-27 in https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeve ... _47379.pdf
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World