You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby America USA » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RB624 wrote:I'm probably alone in my thinking on this, but for me the World Cup goes about one week too long. I like the number of matches; I like that the winner has to play seven times. So I'm not asking for less teams or less games. I just want them to play more often. Three days off between matches would be best. For equity, four days off may be necessary on occasion, but try to mainly keep it to three days off between matches, thereby playing every fourth day.

I found that my interest waned by the end of yesterday. I was excited about England, but now I barely care. I know that doesn't make sense, but I think things are just dragged on too long.

Tbh I agree. I had been looking forward to it for months and making plans to watch every game and so on and now I'm barely paying attention to the games on TV while I'm in the same room. It does feel a bit dragging.

Since Germany’s elimination the World Cup has personally lost all its essence and spirit for me. I only watch it (when I can) to see if an underdog can pull off an upset. So far Russia, Belgium and Uruguay have (had) delivered.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RB624 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:03 am

America USA wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RB624 wrote:I'm probably alone in my thinking on this, but for me the World Cup goes about one week too long. I like the number of matches; I like that the winner has to play seven times. So I'm not asking for less teams or less games. I just want them to play more often. Three days off between matches would be best. For equity, four days off may be necessary on occasion, but try to mainly keep it to three days off between matches, thereby playing every fourth day.

I found that my interest waned by the end of yesterday. I was excited about England, but now I barely care. I know that doesn't make sense, but I think things are just dragged on too long.

Tbh I agree. I had been looking forward to it for months and making plans to watch every game and so on and now I'm barely paying attention to the games on TV while I'm in the same room. It does feel a bit dragging.

Since Germany’s elimination the World Cup has personally lost all its essence and spirit for me. I only watch it (when I can) to see if an underdog can pull off an upset. So far Russia, Belgium and Uruguay have (had) delivered.

I have definitely enjoyed the upsets. I was crunching the numbers, and if they have four matches each day in the group stage instead of three (and instead of the one match on the first day), and if they play the round of 16 over the course of two days instead of four, they could shorten the tournament by four days. That might be good enough to keep me in better focus.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:41 pm

One of the best World Cups of the past 30 years. I tuned out for a few days after my nation was eliminated but this Semi-Final is very high quality.

Plus watching games @ 4PM and 8PM time slots is incredible
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Well we know that England will be in the final for sure...
Cakir will be the Ref
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 51394?s=19
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:10 am

a warm welcome to the Brazil nt back home [source]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:59 am

according to the past encounters (friendlies not taken into consideration) France and England are the favorites to reach the final
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Well we know that England will be in the final for sure...
Cakir will be the Ref

So what's the problem with him?
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Well we know that England will be in the final for sure...
Cakir will be the Ref

So what's the problem with him?

You're kidding, right?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm

FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 FINAL: Belgium vs Croatia [-o<
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:59 pm

No I'm not kidding

What does Çakir have to do with England making it to the final? Did I miss something?
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:50 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:No I'm not kidding

What does Çakir have to do with England making it to the final? Did I miss something?

Do you know who Çakir is? Did you forget what happened in the 2nd leg against Real Madrid, and who the referee was?

In any industry, someone who does his job so exceptionally bad would be fired. In a job in the public eye, he wouldn't even be able to find a job elsewhere doing the same thing. Yet, not only did Çakir not need to find a new job and permanently retire from refereeing, he was given the equivalent stage at the World Cup. It's like a surgeon operating Keith Richards opens him up with a kitchen knife, leaves the gloves inside, replaces his heart with a liver and sews him up with nylon, and obviously Keith Richards would die. Then, Mick Jagger needs an operation and they appoint the same surgeon. You really wouldn't imagine that happening, would you?

Saying that his appointment as the official for such an important match raises eyebrows would be a big understatement.

Something very smelly is afoot, and I don't like it.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:54 pm

I agree that Cakir is largely sh*t, but I'm not sure why that gives England an edge over Croatia
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:57 pm

aterford wrote:I agree that Cakir is largely sh*t, but I'm not sure why that gives England an edge over Croatia

I don't know what it gives, because I'm not going to make allegations like ramsej84 is doing, but the fact Cakir is even allowed anywhere close to a whistle smells of corruption to me.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Hard to presume corruption in our favour before a balls kicked. I mean obviously there was hursts goal that shouldnt have been given since then the hand of god, lampards not given and a disallowed goal for no reason against portugal in euro 2004 not like we have a strong history of refereeing in our favour. The problem is most referees are terrible hard to pick one where there wont be some absolutely shocking decisions given by them especially at the top of the game with what we've witnessed with Real Madrid the last couple of seasons but by UEFA/FIFA they're considered the top refs. Expecting a really tough game but think Croatia with the second penalty shootout will be mentally and physically tired at the end of the game. Am confident we will be in the final where we would be huge underdogs.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Russia coach speaks to RT , interview led by Schmeichel
https://youtu.be/u6DCo0BRGh4
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World