You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:43 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Will see about that...

Whom are you replying to? And what will we see?
To the whole "Germany < Brazil" zeitgeist. Will see if Brazil is indeed so fantastic as people seem to think.

From what I’ve seen Tite has Brasil playing a compressing style of high press. It needs a lot of energy to play that way for 90 Minutes but Brazilians apparently have the stamina for that. They did the same thing against Germany in March and today against Croatia. Germans and Croatia were playing out from the back but as soon as the Germans/Croatians tried to pass forward and enter Brazil’s half at least three Brazilians were in the face of the German/Croatian player who was receiving the ball and ganged up on him to recover possession.That kind of defending pressing without the ball is very effective. We saw yesterday how Austria made the Germans look like amateurs when they started pressing super high in the second half.

To beat that compressed style pressing you need highly technical players or lethal forwards who have genuine quality. Spain and France have those attributes so I can see those two defeating Brazil. Germany currently don’t have the tools to beat the style Tite has Brasil playing.

In an ideal world, Germany will be facing Spain in one semifinal and Brasil vs France in the other semifinal. If the Germans can play at their best then they can beat Spain and hopefully France will beat Brazil in the other semifinal.

—————

ramsej84 wrote:On fifa.com ... my pred is Bra v Spain final...
Bra beating France in the s/f while in the other Spain beat Germany.

Winners : Brazil

Traitor! :twisted:

Seriously though. Germany vs Spain should be 50-50 but if Germany play at their best then they can beat Spain.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote: how dare we forget the three lions , her Majesty's soldiers?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:12 pm

America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist"]Will see about that...

Whom are you replying to? And what will we see?
To the whole "Germany < Brazil" zeitgeist. Will see if Brazil is indeed so fantastic as people seem to think.

From what I’ve seen Tite has Brasil playing a compressing style of high press. It needs a lot of energy to play that way for 90 Minutes but Brazilians apparently have the stamina for that. They did the same thing against Germany in March and today against Croatia. Germans and Croatia were playing out from the back but as soon as the Germans/Croatians tried to pass forward and enter Brazil’s half at least three Brazilians were in the face of the German/Croatian player who was receiving the ball and ganged up on him to recover possession.That kind of defending pressing without the ball is very effective. We saw yesterday how Austria made the Germans look like amateurs when they started pressing super high in the second half.

To beat that compressed style pressing you need highly technical players or lethal forwards who have genuine quality. Spain and France have those attributes so I can see those two defeating Brazil. Germany currently don’t have the tools to beat the style Tite has Brasil playing.

In an ideal world, Germany will be facing Spain in one semifinal and Brasil vs France in the other semifinal. If the Germans can play at their best then they can beat Spain and hopefully France will beat Brazil in the other semifinal.

—————

[quote="ramsej84 wrote:On fifa.com ... my pred is Bra v Spain final...
Bra beating France in the s/f while in the other Spain beat Germany.

Winners : Brazil

Traitor! :twisted:

Seriously though. Germany vs Spain should be 50-50 but if Germany play at their best then they can beat Spain.[/quote]Germany has the single most technical backline and midfield in the world, they must certainly can beat whoever's press.

People also overrate fancyness a lot. The latest 2 WC winners are devoid of speedy fancy dribblers on top, and mostly rely on intelligent passing.

IMO, Brazil and France are strong, but overrated. I would pay no attention to Germany's current form. Underperforming in friendlies is basically a German trademark. They are the clear favorites for me, specially if Reus and Müller play upfront. Even more if Neuer is at the back.

The only relevant attacker as good as Müller and Reus is Neymar, but Germany have two while Brazil has one.

Also, even if many underated Löw so much, he is the best NT coach around.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 pm

agreed, we should all know by now that you cannot judge Germany based on friendlies - they are a true tournament team. i don't think they're as strong as 2014, but they now how to play cohesively, not relying on individual players for sparks of magic. Case in point, Sane was left off the final squad.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 pm

How many of you heard or read the story about Tunisia's preparations for the World Cup?

Their keeper faked an inj (in two separate games) at the beginning of the second half in order to give some mins in which his teammates would be able to eat something (dates) as it is Ramadan

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:24 am

ramsej84 wrote:How many of you heard or read the story about Tunisia's preparations for the World Cup?

Their keeper faked an inj (in two separate games) at the beginning of the second half in order to give some mins in which his teammates would be able to eat something (dates) as it is Ramadan

Why not in half time itself then?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:53 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:How many of you heard or read the story about Tunisia's preparations for the World Cup?

Not yet sundown?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:02 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Not yet sundown?

:|
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 am

Exactly... that's why.
Luckily for all Muslims Ramadan ends on June 14 exactly on matchday one...
Ooops poor Saudi Arabia

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:29 am

ramsej84 wrote:Exactly... that's why.
Ooops poor Saudi Arabia

With all due respect, and I have great respect for Muslims because I would never manage to do that for 30 whole days (I think it's 30 at least), but this should have no place in football.

For example, it was reported that Salah did not break his fast for the CL final. If I were Liverpool's owner/coach I would be furious. They are paid millions and through fasting it is not possible for them to give back 100%, in one of the most important games in the club's history.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:41 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ooops poor Saudi Arabia

With all due respect, and I have great respect for Muslims because I would never manage to do that for 30 whole days (I think it's 30 at least), but this should have no place in football.

For example, it was reported that Salah did not break his fast for the CL final. If I were Liverpool's owner/coach I would be furious. They are paid millions and through fasting it is not possible for them to give back 100%, in one of the most important games in the club's history.

It’s the devout/fundamental ones who like to torture themselves (and who take religion too far I guess?)

I have an Iranian (Shi’a) colleague who was eating Pizza with us on Friday and she said that if she feels a hunger headache then she usually eats something to get her through. Starving yourself before strenuous physical activity is plain stupidity.
Last edited by America USA on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB general » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:54 am

Don't you even worry for Muslims and their customs when they don't worry for you and yours at all. :lol: Once you all figure out that, life is going to be simple for you, believe me. :D
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ooops poor Saudi Arabia

Salah broke his fast. Mané didn't. Salah walked off crying. Mané scored.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ooops poor Saudi Arabia

I was under the impression that I read he didn't but maybe I mistook the names.

Still, that's more down to Ramos than Allah or food. :P A fasting player will almost certainly not be able to perform at 100% for 90 minutes.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ooops poor Saudi Arabia

Salah prayed on the pitch for everyone to see him... and...
Mane did it in private and scored

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World