You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.
 

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
0
No votes
France
7
41%
Brazil
3
18%
Belgium
2
12%
Sweden
0
No votes
England
1
6%
Russia
1
6%
Croatia
3
18%
 
Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby MUTU » Thu May 31, 2018 9:09 pm

#12 wrote:**** my last name is anything but German - one of you **** tell me I'm not German and I'll rip your dick out and make a dinner party for stray dogs...
Doesn't your Facebook say you're from New York?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35872
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6472 times
Been thanked: 9449 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Thu May 31, 2018 10:06 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Coman as well if I am not mistaken...

Coman was born in Paris to parents from Guadeloupe.
Now here's the interesting question: do you consider him to be French, given that you care mostly where his parents were from, and keeping into mind that Guadeloupe is an insular region of France?

IMO from France but not French. No French blood whatsoever is tough to ignore.

One could ask: What is French blood. How can you prove (without tacky DNA tests) that your family tree is actually French and not for example a displaced Eastern Euro from previous Wars? But one must figure somewhere along the line a family member had a child with a Native (or At least mixed) French. Yes theoretically one family line could have generations of history in France and yet no Native blood I.E great great great grandfather immigrated to France. His son married an immigrant and then their son married an immigrant and so & so on. But this is such a scarce situation.
Last edited by Bavarian_Kielbasa on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:44 pm

Guerreiro cleared to play for Peru

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31911
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 24801 times
Been thanked: 4822 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Brasil looking scary with their compressing high press style where 3-4 players are already on your face once the ball is passed to you. Only a team filled with skilled technical players (Spain) or incredibly talented forwards (France) can beat Brasil. Germany would need a miracle against this Brazilian team.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 671 times

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:24 pm

America USA wrote:Brasil looking scary with their compressing high press style where 3-4 players are already on your face once the ball is passed to you. Only a team filled with skilled technical players (Spain) or incredibly talented forwards (France) can beat Brasil. Germany would need a miracle against this Brazilian team.
Just came to post this...
Brazil tm is not only made up of stars but tm is also very balanced...
A mix of young and experienced players.
They are the firm favorites... no doubt.
Germany does not even come close to Brazil this time round.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31911
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 24801 times
Been thanked: 4822 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:47 pm

Don't judge Germany by its performances in friendlies
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9876
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 2232 times
Been thanked: 2340 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Our only weak link was Alves, and now that he’s injured hopefully Danilo performs in the WC as well as he just did against Croatia
User avatar
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:14 am
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 651 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:02 pm

No surprises... Don't know why people keep telling me they don't think Brazil are good enough when I say it's going to be either Brazil or Germany.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33589
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9754 times
Been thanked: 7874 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:No surprises... Don't know why people keep telling me they don't think Brazil are good enough when I say it's going to be either Brazil or Germany.

No I don’t think that’s accurate.

Brazil are damn good but I think Spain and France are better equipped than Germany to stop them.

Spain have technically sound players who can play out of that compressing high press that Tite has Brazil playing. So if Spain can cope with the individual brilliance of the Brazilians then Spain will beat Brasil.

France have excellent forwards who can dribble and hit you with some serious pace. France can sit back and soak Brazilian pressure and when the moment comes Griezmann, Mbappe, etc. can hurt Brasil on counters.

I think the Germans at their best can beat Spain as well as France but not Brasil. Germany don’t have the tools to match this Brazilian side.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 671 times

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:24 pm

Will see about that...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6220
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2676 times
Been thanked: 2382 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:25 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Will see about that...

Whom are you replying to? And what will we see?
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 671 times

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:31 pm

America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Will see about that...

Whom are you replying to? And what will we see?
To the whole "Germany < Brazil" zeitgeist. Will see if Brazil is indeed so fantastic as people seem to think.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6220
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2676 times
Been thanked: 2382 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:33 pm

America USA wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:No surprises... Don't know why people keep telling me they don't think Brazil are good enough when I say it's going to be either Brazil or Germany.

No I don’t think that’s accurate.

Brazil are damn good but I think Spain and France are better equipped than Germany to stop them.

Spain have technically sound players who can play out of that compressing high press that Tite has Brazil playing. So if Spain can cope with the individual brilliance of the Brazilians then Spain will beat Brasil.

France have excellent forwards who can dribble and hit you with some serious pace. France can sit back and soak Brazilian pressure and when the moment comes Griezmann, Mbappe, etc. can hurt Brasil on counters.

I think the Germans at their best can beat Spain as well as France but not Brasil. Germany don’t have the tools to match this Brazilian side.


As long as Brazil and Germany both win the group they can only meet in the final and there anything can happen. It's possible either team gets eliminated before, but I believe the other team will beat whoever eliminated them.

You can't exclude Spain/France obviously and there are other dark horses. That's the beauty of the world cup. But I would say these two countries are favourites.

Either way, the reaction I tend to get is that Brazil aren't good enough, and people say it'll be Spain/Germany/France/even Argentina. that's what I can't understand... Brazil are clearly very good.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33589
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9754 times
Been thanked: 7874 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:33 pm

On fifa.com ... my pred is Bra v Spain final...
Bra beating France in the s/f while in the other Spain beat Germany.

Winners : Brazil

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31911
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 24801 times
Been thanked: 4822 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
America USA wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:No surprises... Don't know why people keep telling me they don't think Brazil are good enough when I say it's going to be either Brazil or Germany.

No I don’t think that’s accurate.

Brazil are damn good but I think Spain and France are better equipped than Germany to stop them.

Spain have technically sound players who can play out of that compressing high press that Tite has Brazil playing. So if Spain can cope with the individual brilliance of the Brazilians then Spain will beat Brasil.

France have excellent forwards who can dribble and hit you with some serious pace. France can sit back and soak Brazilian pressure and when the moment comes Griezmann, Mbappe, etc. can hurt Brasil on counters.

I think the Germans at their best can beat Spain as well as France but not Brasil. Germany don’t have the tools to match this Brazilian side.


As long as Brazil and Germany both win the group they can only meet in the final and there anything can happen. It's possible either team gets eliminated before, but I believe the other team will beat whoever eliminated them.

You can't exclude Spain/France obviously and there are other dark horses. That's the beauty of the world cup. But I would say these two countries are favourites.

Either way, the reaction I tend to get is that Brazil aren't good enough, and people say it'll be Spain/Germany/France/even Argentina. that's what I can't understand... Brazil are clearly very good.
how dare we forget the three lions , her Majesty's soldiers?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31911
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 24801 times
Been thanked: 4822 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo! [Bot] and 1 guest