You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Uruguay
No votes
France
41%
Brazil
18%
Belgium
12%
Sweden
No votes
England
6%
Russia
6%
Croatia
18%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:12 pm

Extremely enjoyable match. Kudos to Argentina for fighting till the end with a heavily uneven team. Both teams with a strong midfield and rather poor defenses. Argentina tactically poor with an extremely high defensive line which Mbappe took advantage of with speed and smart positioning. What good is a three man CB line if a single running man gets behind your back?

France came to play football and they did. Those midfield to attack inside passes. . . =D> Destroyed Mascherano's line and there was very little that prick Ottamendi could do to stop Greizmann Mbappe and even Giroud marching towards goal. =D>

That shot by Pavard... Cut it downwards so he reversed the ball's momentum while gaining altitude making it impossible for the keeper to catch. Man what a shot! Liked it better than Angel's.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:19 pm

pyrasur wrote:Hopefully no fans get beat up by any thugs? Don't know why we can't go with that but that's just me ;)

Because despite this being a mostly peaceful tournament, Argentinian fans have still made the news for violence after losing a match?
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby icewizard » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Bayern needs to sign Pavad asap

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
We have much stronger... Joshua Kimmich...

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KrampusIsReal » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Lukas wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Hopefully no fans get beat up by any thugs? Don't know why we can't go with that but that's just me ;)

Because despite this being a mostly peaceful tournament, Argentinian fans have still made the news for violence after losing a match?
beat up a Croatian fan

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:39 pm

tflags wrote:The Knockout rounds. Or as D likes to say, "where the fun begins." I have so many memories of knockout games in World Cups involving Platini, Rummenigge, Zico, Socrates, Careca, Maradona, Caniggia, Suker, Ronaldo (the póker Ronaldo). . . Man. The best moments in football started here.

Anyhow I wish you all enjoy the WC as much as we do here in SA. After all, on the World Cup, you are ALWAYS rooting for someone. Always.

Yeah, the team that play Brazil...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Sampaoli is a **** idiot for not starting Aguero and Dybala!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:41 pm

KrampusIsReal wrote:
Lukas wrote:

beat up a Croatian fan

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

From ESPN:

ESPN wrote:The fans: If there was an award for the fans of the tournament, it would be dominated by those from South and Central America who have travelled in huge numbers to Russia. Peru, at the first World Cup since 1982, took over Yekaterinburg for their game against France and their happy, celebratory outlook has been a memorable part of this World Cup.

Argentina's amazing supporters roared the team on to victory against Nigeria in St. Petersburg while Brazil, Colombia and Mexico fans also brought the noise and colour to Russia.

:roll:
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCB general » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:45 pm

KrampusIsReal wrote:
Lukas wrote:

beat up a Croatian fan

2 or 3 Croatian fans inside of the stadium just near the stadium stands, but it was an isolated case. 4-5 heroes left the stands together just to kicked them dozens of times at the same time, but one Argentinian also prevented them from the further punching and that you could see it on a video posted on the web.

All those 4 'heroes' were identified by their own people in Argentina and they were banned from attending further matches in Russia as well as in Argentina in Buenos Aires area. Also, the authorities have sent a request to Russians so they immediately deport them back to Argentina.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:48 pm

FCB general wrote:2 or 3 Croatian fans inside of the stadium just near the stadium stands, but it was an isolated case. 4-5 heroes left the stands together just to kicked them dozens of times at the same time, but one Argentinian also prevented them from the further punching and that you could see it on a video posted on the web.

All those 4 'heroes' were identified by their own people in Argentina and they were banned from attending further matches in Russia as well as in Argentina in Buenos Aires area. Also, the authorities send a request to Russians so they immediately deport them back to Argentina.

What are you doing man? Trying to stop stereotyping an entire fan base because of the actions of a handful of idiots readily available anywhere? How dare you!?!
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:53 pm

#12 wrote:
tflags wrote:The Knockout rounds. Or as D likes to say, "where the fun begins." I have so many memories of knockout games in World Cups involving Platini, Rummenigge, Zico, Socrates, Careca, Maradona, Caniggia, Suker, Ronaldo (the póker Ronaldo). . . Man. The best moments in football started here.

Anyhow I wish you all enjoy the WC as much as we do here in SA. After all, on the World Cup, you are ALWAYS rooting for someone. Always.

Yeah, the team that play Brazil...

I haven't bought a Germany shirt in ages. I bought them by the truckload this Cup mainly because of the nostalgia feeling with that team with Klinsi, Lothar and Rudy. Next time I'm asking for a return policy first. :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCB general » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:32 pm

tflags wrote:What are you doing man? Trying to stop stereotyping an entire fan base because of the actions of a handful of idiots readily available anywhere? How dare you!?!

Uhhhhh, well... I'm that sort of son of bitsch who like to make things real juicy in these ways, hehe. :mrgreen: I dare where no one dares! 8) =P~
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby America USA » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Lukas wrote:Got to support the Europeans.

*cough* Europeans *cough*
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Lukas » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Two great anthems. Shame one has to go out
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Lukas » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:59 pm

America USA wrote:

So predictable. Knew I'd be pulled up on this :roll:
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Lukas wrote:
America USA wrote:

So predictable. Knew I'd be pulled up on this :roll:

Don’t sweat it man... There’s people that never learn... They also don’t see that that stupid stable comparison makes them racist... Cause even racists don’t like to be called racists
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World