You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:30 pm

MaCk0y wrote:IMO, the number of trophies won or goals scored should not be the factor.

Sent from Neo N003

Agreed, mostly with number of trophies won.

Trophies won is a ridiculous assessment. Contento won more trophies than Ronaldo last season. Can you say that, individually, he performed better than Ronaldo?

This is a reward for the BEST PLAYER not for the most decorated one.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ballackfcb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Guess who has arrived at the FIFA Ballon d'Or Gala.

Spoiler: show

ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBuyern » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:36 pm

MaCk0y wrote:IMO, the number of trophies won or goals scored should not be the factor.

Sent from Neo N003

hmm?goals i can understand but trophies doesnt make sense because otherwise what criteria is left to judge a player?assissts,looks? :D
FCBuyern
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:36 pm

ballackfcb wrote:Guess who has arrived at the FIFA Ballon d'Or Gala.

Why was I sure who I'd find in the spoiler when I saw the text and the username of the poster? :lol:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBuyern » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:40 pm

MUTU wrote:

Sent from Neo N003

Agreed, mostly with number of trophies won.

Trophies won is a ridiculous assessment. Contento won more trophies than Ronaldo last season. Can you say that, individually, he performed better than Ronaldo?

This is a reward for the BEST PLAYER not for the most decorated one.

it should be trophies combined with the best player or the player with the biggest contribution for those trophies so conseqently there would be at least 15 players from bayern who would win it before contento.
FCBuyern
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:41 pm

FCBuyern wrote:

Sent from Neo N003

hmm?goals i can understand but trophies doesnt make sense because otherwise what criteria is left to judge a player?assissts,looks? :D

Of course trophies should not be a factor. Otherwise it won't be the "best player of the year award", but the "best player of the most successful team award". And the nominees would only be made up of the full squad of the most successful team.

And then, to add to it, the FIFA World XI would actually be the best lineup for the most successful team.

How would you like the award like this?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBuyern » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:50 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBuyern wrote:

Sent from Neo N003

Of course trophies should not be a factor. Otherwise it won't be the "best player of the year award", but the "best player of the most successful team award". And the nominees would only be made up of the full squad of the most successful team.

And then, to add to it, the FIFA World XI would actually be the best lineup for the most successful team.

but how else would you judge a player?what other achievement is there besides trophies and goals?if we cannot use data,statiatics in the internet era then the award would or should simply be called the most popular player of the year or the player of the tear with the biggest fanbase.
FCBuyern
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBuyern » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:53 pm

and yeah the Fifa world 11 should only contain or at least have 10 players from bayern team because i think we have the best player in almost every positon.maybe messi instead of mandzu but thats it
FCBuyern
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 pm

FCBuyern wrote:
MUTU wrote:
FCBuyern wrote:[quote="MaCk0y"]IMO, the number of trophies won or goals scored should not be the factor.

Sent from Neo N003

but how else would you judge a player?what other achievement is there besides trophies and goals?if we cannot use data,statiatics in the internet era then the award would or should simply be called the most popular player of the year or the player of the tear with the biggest fanbase.[/quote]

So a keeper or defender cannot win the award ? Certainly would not score a lot of goals. Criteria should be the overall performance for the whole year by looking at the stats posted in this thread and how much of a contribution he made for the team in winning matches (which is not easy).

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:06 pm

FCBuyern wrote:and yeah the Fifa world 11 should only contain or at least have 10 players from bayern team because i think we have the best player in almost every positon.maybe messi instead of mandzu but thats it

Guess we fully agree to disagree then.

My real XI:

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:07 pm

FCBuyern wrote:
AdepT wrote:
FCBuyern wrote:also correct me if i am wrong but wouldnt this be the first time a player who has won zero trophies wins the balon dor?

Messi won it last time with only Copa del Rey because he scored max goals in a year and broke 40 year standing record.
The record for which even Mueller didn't win the Ballon d'Or.

aparently muller didnt even play in any friendlies back then and i thi nk beckenbauer won this or a similar award instead of gerd muller

The year Mueller made the record Cruyff won the Ballon d'Or.

@SoutherStar: You're correct as I was. Ramos is indeed in FifProXI. He is the only other RM player traveling with the boardroom of RM.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Fénix » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:12 pm

MUTU wrote:The Ballon d'Or is a popularity contest and it's no surprise that Mueller didn't win it: the fact still remains that due to the World Wars a lot of people still carry a grudge against Germans. This reflects on individual awards such as this.

Yes, in Müller's case it's true. But after 80's it's not.

Also, Ribery is not German, he's French who's playing for Bayern, no more no less.

And I agree with one member here who asked about a situation where player has nothing achieved in one season and nothing won as well. Ronaldo will be that player. I can't simply recall any previous case where some player took the award without winning domestic competition or Champions Cup.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Fénix wrote:Yes, in Müller's case it's true. But after 80's it's not.

It depends on the country I guess. Here in Malta there's still a general grudge against Germans.

Fénix wrote:Also, Ribery is not German, he's French who's playing for Bayern, no more no less.

Well, according to SAF he's a typical German :)

Once someone has a grudge against a nation, he will have a grudge against the teams of that nation in general, and since Ribery plays for one he will automatically be frowned upon by some.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Fifa XI

I voted for the Uefa team 2013 which is Fifa XI as well.

There can be only 2 or 3 spots for the non-Bundesliga players. But Fifa and Uefa are well-known Barca/Real supporters.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:22 pm

MUTU wrote:How would you like the award like this?

I would love it like this :dante:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World