You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:00 am

ramsej84 wrote:I've just read (teletext) that Del Bosque voted for Ribery.

Nice.

Seeing some of the votes recently has made me hopeful once again. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Kwadwo Asamoah: “In my opinion it will be Ronaldo. He did so well last season and this season he is continuing from where he left off and has been consistent, so he deserves it.” [source]
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:53 pm

"I believe that the victories affect a lot," Buffon mused in an interview with Sky Sport Italia. "So, in this sense, it would advantage Ribery, who as well as having won titles, was also decisive in many Bayern victories. He's a great champion.

"At the moment, however, I think that Cristiano Ronaldo has something more than the others - even if the strongest by far remains Messi." [source]

This is the same guy who some time earlier said:

"The Ballon d'Or? This is how I have voted: Pirlo first, Ronaldo second and Messi third," Buffon was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport. [source]

----------

“Ronaldo is in a very good phase," Carlos Alberto told Goal. "I believe he will win the award for best player in the world.

"Messi has an injury and is not playing. I like Ribery but he is not on the same level as Ronaldo or Messi. But in this moment, he is playing very well.

"It would be very tough to pick out a winner." [source]

----------

"Whether I win or not I will still be happy," Ribery said. "To me it is a pleasure to be on the shortlist of candidates with Cristiano and Messi.

"This year I have won everything with Bayern and I think I helped a lot.

"I'll see what happens January 13. The important thing is to keep coming with this run of success."

Speaking about the atmosphere at Bayern, Ribery added: "The key is that we enjoy playing. We're like one big family. Bayern I think is the strongest club in the world.

"German football is like a train that will not stop and we're so proud of it." [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

FIFA Ballon d'Or

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:55 pm

To be honest i really hate this trophy, i kinda liked it when no Bayern player was involved cause all this speculation seems like meaningless drama. I would rather Bayern win the next three or four UCLs than a Bayern player winning the Balon D'or. Let the Messi and CR7 fanboys fawn over this useless trophy.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Let's not call the grapes sour now... we would have liked this trophy for Ribery, but at this point it's a lost cause.
Bookmakers hardly give him a chance at all. In fact, they are predicting he won't even get 2nd place, but 3rd. [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:19 am

It's not like it used to be, but we're and we'll be proud of Ribery.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby BavarianBarbarian » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:53 pm

I'll be perfectly fine if Ribery doesn't win Ballon D'or, but I just hate the people who think that Ribery is no where near the levels of Messi and Ronaldo.

They think that the only stat that matters is goals, which isn't entirely true.
Julian Green for President of the United States
BavarianBarbarian
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:25 am

Like everyone knows the three nominees are: Frank Ribery, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

The prize this year took another turn, the turning point was when the president of FIFA Sepp Blatter made those comments on Ronaldo.

After the outcry directed at Sepp Blatter from Real Madrid and its fans, he decided to extend the voting time as an apology.

Before the extension the prize was going to Frank Ribery with 10% advantage over Cristiano Ronaldo.

After the extension the results have changed, and Cristiano Ronaldo is set to receive the Balón de Oro this season. [source]

If you look a bit further down, you will see that this same account revealed the draws for the CL on the 15th December, one day before the draw took place. Still a bit sceptical about the legitimacy of the source, but it's likely that this story is true anyway.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:40 pm

That account is pure speculation. Wasn't there the theory of posting all possible draws and deleting the wrong ones?

Also, the extension was for everyone to see. It was announced just one day after the hat trick scored by CR against Sweden.
Everyone knew he was going to win from that moment itself.
10% is something that needs to be checked. Otherwise, I'd take it for a simple guess.

They don't share anything how they come about these things. No legitimacy.

Show me how the balls were marked at least. It was for all to see that two games were going to be big.
Give me proofs, I won't believe plain guesses that even I can make. :|
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:39 pm

There are strong rumours saying that Ronaldo already knows he's won the Ballon d'Or
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AdepT » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:43 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:There are strong rumours saying that Ronaldo already knows he's won the Ballon d'Or

The reason he is going there. :)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:06 pm

AdepT wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:There are strong rumours saying that Ronaldo already knows he's won the Ballon d'Or

The reason he is going there. :)

In fact I don't think that he said that he is re boycotting the event ...
On one hand I really wish that Ribery does win it on the other if he doesn't it will make him hungrier; therefore increasing the chances of success for FC Bayern 8)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:21 pm

The only thing that -let's say- it bothers me is Ribery's morale after this ceremony.He expects to win it and he wants this individual trophy badly and we can all agree that he is a player who his temper and morale plays a huge role for his perfomances.I don't think that his defeat here will crush his psychology no way that is unprofessional and childish but he seems a bit obsessed to win Ballon D'Or,that's all.

For me it doesn't matter,he is an excellent player and he will be the same exact player for all Bayern fans win it or not.
Good luck to Franck but my prediciton is that CR7 has already won.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Yeah, Ribery is really having some high hopes for this one. Sadly, I truly think he will end up 3rd :(
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World