You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Changing the Rules

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Changing the Rules

Postby Borusse » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:47 pm

It's just unfair from the mathematical point of view, simple as that. I know in football you have emotions, support from the fans, your stadium etc. but it's not something you can measure. You can measure time and to me it seems minutes played with an away-goal should be split evenly, 90 minutes for each side.

But I get your point and I can't say I disagree completely.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:23 pm

the fact that away goal rule also included extra time in the second leg was unfair to the team playing second leg at home.

I always hated this!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:the fact that away goal rule also included extra time in the second leg was unfair to the team playing second leg at home.

I always hated this!

You and Borusse have intrigued me. I always felt that, despite the away goals rule, that the home team was always advantaged during extra time and penalties. I'm gonna have to look at this statistically.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:the fact that away goal rule also included extra time in the second leg was unfair to the team playing second leg at home.

I always hated this!

You and Borusse have intrigued me. I always felt that, despite the away goals rule, that the home team was always advantaged during extra time and penalties. I'm gonna have to look at this statistically.

Actually, no need to. Imagine extra time didn't exist at all and the referee was bought by the home team in the second leg. The home team is shit at penalties so they decide that if the match is going to go to penalties he would give a whole half an hour of injury time just to try and avoid the PSO.

Now, since it has long been proven that playing at home over 2 legs with away goals rule is more likely to give you a better result than the away match, one can categorically conclude that playing the extra time at home, even with the away goals rule, is advantageous.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hardrade » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:07 pm

MUTU wrote:Actually, no need to. Imagine extra time didn't exist at all and the referee was bought by the home team in the second leg

Like in Madrid? :lol: :lol:
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Hardrade » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:05 pm

There should be a VAR challenge like in tennis, once in every half by each team’s coach / captain, and once more in extra time. When used, the ref MUST consult analysts and check the video if needed.
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Hardrade wrote:There should be a VAR challenge like in tennis, once in every half by each team’s coach / captain, and once more in extra time. When used, the ref MUST consult analysts and check the video if needed.

I am not in favor of using it like in tennis since Football is a continuous game and tennis isn't. VAR should be applied only to assist the referee for decisions that require so, independently on what is convenient for one team or the other and not limited to quantities.

But speaking about tennis: I think they should change that rule that coaches can't communicate with the players during a match. Well, Bayern had a coach who just did that not long ago, so we are on the right track.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Some new changes voted in just a couple days ago by IFAB.

1. Accidental handball goals won't stand anymore. The "deliberate" or "intent" wording has effectively been removed - Goals scored which have contacted a players' hand, whether deliberate or not, will no longer stand.
"It will be significant as we will no longer see a goal scored hitting the arm. 80 percent of handballs that referees give are not deliberate, but because a player gains a material advantage. Taking the word deliberate out will eliminate that.

2. Substituted players can (should?) leave the pitch anywhere.
Some of the teams hanging on in the past have made a substitution when they are the furthest player away from the technical area. This will no longer apply - whether they decide to go to the nearest point remains to be seen, but it's up to the referee to invoke that.

3. No attacking players can stand in the wall on a free-kick: attackers must be made to stand at least one meter away

4. Coaches will receive cards like players, rather than just verbal warning/reprimand
Kovac OUT!!!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:54 pm

aterford wrote:Some new changes voted in just a couple days ago by IFAB.

1. Accidental handball goals won't stand anymore. The "deliberate" or "intent" wording has effectively been removed - Goals scored which have contacted a players' hand, whether deliberate or not, will no longer stand.
"It will be significant as we will no longer see a goal scored hitting the arm. 80 percent of handballs that referees give are not deliberate, but because a player gains a material advantage. Taking the word deliberate out will eliminate that.

2. Substituted players can (should?) leave the pitch anywhere.
Some of the teams hanging on in the past have made a substitution when they are the furthest player away from the technical area. This will no longer apply - whether they decide to go to the nearest point remains to be seen, but it's up to the referee to invoke that.

3. No attacking players can stand in the wall on a free-kick: attackers must be made to stand at least one meter away

4. Coaches will receive cards like players, rather than just verbal warning/reprimand

Well, 1.) obviously only goes for "attacking handball" right?!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:54 pm

aterford wrote:3. No attacking players can stand in the wall on a free-kick: attackers must be made to stand at least one meter away

**** bollocks. RIP sexy free kick routines.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:51 am

Yest I posted something in the Generic football news ... I thought it fitted better in there as it is something which was decided.

Oops. Just saw that aterford had posted them in here a couple of weeks ago...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Football Around the World