You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Changing the Rules

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Changing the Rules

Postby soul-railgun777 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Cool, so they can stop with all those retakes for running inside the box too early, they apply this rule almost randomly. It also makes the penalties more fair for the goalkeepers.
soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:06 pm

I don't like it. This will favour goalkeepers with a limited skillset, and reducing the importance of handling (to try and stop an actual rebound), rushing out (onto the opponent who received the rebound) and reflexes (to try and stop the rebound shot).

I'd have rather that they allowed rebounds during penalty shootouts.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:34 pm

I like
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:43 pm

soul-railgun777 wrote:Cool, so they can stop with all those retakes for running inside the box too early, they apply this rule almost randomly.

At first I didn't like it but you made a very good point there :thumbup:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Apparently it's not just the penalty that they're considering changing but some 50 different rules, one of which MaCk0y won't like... if a player passes back to the goalkeeper who handles, it would be punished with a penalty. I think this is stupid, because the keeper is allowed to save a shot by his teammate, and where does cross the line between it being a shot (allowed) and a pass (punishable by a penalty)?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Some kinda weird changes are expected at this year's World Club Competition featuring River and Real.

According to the IFAB, pressing the keeper on goal kicks just became a whole lot easier as attacker may now invade the penalty box as soon as the keeper puts the ball in motion. You had to wait for the ball to leave the box in the former ruling.

A more meaningful desicion I think is the new change whereas substituted players must now leave the pitch through the closest sideline, not the center side leading to the lockers. I wonder if this change will also affect the mandatory 30 sec additional time per sub.

Last and the weirdest of all desicions which I really should be taken a look into: Sanctions are cummulative and "cross borders." It looks like a player getting a red card for example will have to be sactioned in his team's next match, irrespective of competition. This makes, imho, absolutely NO sense as you will be punishing teams, or favouring them, for going further in diverse tournaments.

It would make no sense for example, for Madrid to have Ramos suspended for a game vs Villareal just because the idiot happened to kill someone on his final vs River.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:30 pm

tflags wrote:It would make no sense for example, for Madrid to have Ramos suspended for a game vs Villareal just because the idiot happened to kill someone on his final vs River.

That said, it also makes Ramos 10 times more likely to miss a Champions League match through suspension.

Jokes apart, this is really serious and opens a big can of worms. It's easier to corrupt a referee in a domestic league of lower importance to get your next CL opponent's star player sent off in order for him to miss that match you really need to win.

Why does a referee who is not qualified to referee in a tournament have the power to suspend players for said tournament? It really makes no sense.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:22 pm

That last one is a ridiculous rule. I hope it's reversed.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:04 pm

MUTU wrote:Why does a referee who is not qualified to referee in a tournament have the power to suspend players for said tournament? It really makes no sense.

In all fairness, and contrary to competitions, tournaments and Cups, referees are qualified and respond to only one entity, FIFA. A local Cup match might feature the same referee you see, for example, at a Champions League or Copa Libertadores semifinal.

But yes, totally agree with your point. There's an unofficial hierarchy of referee qualification and not all referees were created equal or carry the same experience. This is an ill formed decision that is going to spell doom if carried.
tflags

Previous

Return to Football Around the World