You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 pm

We sold our warrior and brought in a chicken... in fact make it two chickens, don't forget the one who embarrassed one of our most important shareholders in his presentation.
They deserve special treatment... but SELL ROBBEN, SELL WHOEVER... WRONG!
JANCKER

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:19 pm

MUTU wrote:
ottackon wrote:64% from 37691 voters, say Neuer deserved the award more.

The French are still amazed by that one-handed save on Benzema at the World Cup, amongst other saves. Neuer was great in that match. These polls count for nothing except for one thing: they keep confirming what we already know, that Neuer is considered to be the best goalkeeper in the world. Let's just be happy with this and forget the bitterness.

We have been voted to have:
- 4 out of the best 6 players (Neuer, Robben, Mueller, Lahm)
- the world's best goalkeeper (Neuer)
- the world's best right winger (Robben)
- the world's second best right winger (Mueller)
- the world's best defensive-minded player (Lahm)

Coming to this thread one may get the impression that Bayern did badly at the Ballon d'Or.

Neuer is the fans' favourite in :
- Germany (for obvious reasons).
- Italy (Neuer is the n°1 in the major polls, Gazetta in particular).
- France (l'Equipe and Eurosport polls).

Ronaldo on the other hand, is the n°1 in Spain, Portugal and England.

My point is to emphasize the difference of perception between the major european football nations on the attribution of the BO.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:36 pm

RedQueen wrote:
MUTU wrote:1) So that unfair people who are pointing their fingers at him because they demand that he votes politically and not "the right way" could stop bothering him about the issue.

And then we'd all be chicken. Sorry, but that's just the kind of bad mentality that ruins this planet. You should do something because you think it's right not because you think it will benefit you

Alright. I think I'm done here then. I don't think I have to listen to an Admin insulting me and question my political integrity, just because I disagree with his opinion on how to handle a football vote.

Not sure why you took it personal since I'm not referring to you (or anyone else on the forum for that matter), but on the people who are close to him, those are the ones pissing me off, because after all we can point all we want, but he won't see our fingers anyway, and so our opinions won't hurt him. What hurts him is what the people close to him tell him. What matters is the media and anyone in the club who is making a fuss about it. So what if he thinks Ronaldo is better, it's his opinion and he has every right to vote for whoever he wants to and not have anyone pressuring him to vote for someone.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:52 pm

The same attitude that's ruining the planet, give me a break. Can we maybe cut down the importance placed on this vote to a level where it belongs? What someone thinks of Lewandowski's vote may depend on very different reasons and attitudes, and not just on egotistical motives and Nash equilibria calculations as you suggest. And to infer from that something about planet-ruining attitudes and behaviour...

Meanwhile I've learned that according to Sammer, Lewandowski didn't know that the points assigned to No 1, 2 and 3 play a role in the end result vote. Maybe the next thing I'll learn is that he didn't know his vote counts at all.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:02 pm

After thinking about it for the past day, I've changed my mind on the whole Lewandowski thing. He chose whoever he thought was the best player/coach/whatever was, and it's even harder to do that knowing that Neuer is his teammate - I do think that deserves respect. It would make no sense that he purposely would try to harm Neuer, and obviously no one thought it would be that close between him and Messi.

The important thing is that Bayern have 4 of the top 6 players in the world, and I personally think that's a bigger story than Ronaldo winning or Lewa's vote.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:02 pm

He's a disgrace, his next stop is RM. Who knows what stopped him to join RM. You'll see...
JANCKER

Postby Fénix » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:37 pm

JANCKER wrote:He's a disgrace, his next stop is RM. Who knows what stopped him to join RM. You'll see...

Lewanmisski? I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. Just wait if this and next season he doesn't show what we expect from him, he can think about packing and moving somewhere else.

The only solution for Bayen's striker problem is one homegrown player from Bayern academy who's also a home boy or at least from Bavaria. Mercenaries such as Lewy aren't eternal solution for us. Mandžukić and Gomez leaved because of Guardiola's philosophy and way of playing, not because they didn't prove a point.

The only thing that Bayern can't produce for decades is homegrown goalkeeper and striker. Everything else we can do, but these two positions are impossible.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Saying that a vote implies a transfer is overdoing it WAY too much now.

Not saying he'll never end up at RM, but this vote doesn't have anything to do with that.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Our wings without importing wouldn't have looked this powerful...

IMO it implies... that's why this fuss is all about and he's giving explanations.
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:45 pm

in order to redeem himself he has to score another Poker vs his beloved RM or Chelsea...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Poker or get lost!
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:48 pm

RedQueen wrote:The same attitude that's ruining the planet, give me a break. Can we maybe cut down the importance placed on this vote to a level where it belongs? What someone thinks of Lewandowski's vote may depend on very different reasons and attitudes, and not just on egotistical motives and Nash equilibria calculations as you suggest. And to infer from that something about planet-ruining attitudes and behaviour...

Meanwhile I've learned that according to Sammer, Lewandowski didn't know that the points assigned to No 1, 2 and 3 play a role in the end result vote. Maybe the next thing I'll learn is that he didn't know his vote counts at all.

I am missing something ... who is talking about it exactly? If :sammerlook: is talking about it is some serious staff.....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:58 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Saying that a vote implies a transfer is overdoing it WAY too much now.

True that. He would have joined RM for free instead of us if he really wanted to join RM.
theundead
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:02 pm

theundead wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Saying that a vote implies a transfer is overdoing it WAY too much now.

True that. He would have joined RM for free instead of us if he really wanted to join RM.

What if something stopped him? And he's waiting for the opportunity to jump in that bandwagon.
Benzema would've left RM ages ago if it wasn't for Zidane, that might be one reason.
JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:26 pm

JANCKER wrote:
theundead wrote:

What if something stopped him? And he's waiting for the opportunity to jump in that bandwagon.
Benzema would've left RM ages ago if it wasn't for Zidane, that might be one reason.

Well, it's plausible, but too many "what ifs". We can keep on going like this:

- What if he gambled on Ronaldo winning?
- What if he was bribed to vote for Ronaldo?
- What if he was intentionally trolling Neuer?

I don't think any other #1 vote for Ronaldo raised as many eyebrows. It's not like he voted for some unknown player, y'know.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World