You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Well, as he says, he would have voted otherwise now that he has changed the team. I've posted the article that appeared this morning in Kicker.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:06 pm

JANCKER wrote:Someone thinks voting for Ronaldo is being unbiased, I don't think so.

Yes, wholeheartedly. Some people in this forum think that NOT voting for the player who was voted best in the world 2 years in a row (for me he should have won 5 or 6 in a row, but that's another story) is both justifiable and unbiased. But it's wrong. Thousands of votes show it's not only justifiable to vote for Ronaldo, but to vote for him as the best. I'm sure that if Ronaldo signs for Bayern and keeps his level of quality, each and every one of you Ronaldo haters will claim he's the best in the world, or maybe best player of all time.

It's OK that we don't have the world's best player because we have the best team (4 out of the top 6), no need to be bitter about Ronaldo winning it. If anything, be bitter about Lionel "choker" Messi finishing ahead of Manu.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:08 pm

Ronaldo a class above Messi? Seriously? I know the forum was lacking tension, but Jesus... :P
tflags

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:09 pm

RedQueen wrote:Well, as he says, he would have voted otherwise now that he has changed the team. I've posted the article that appeared this morning in Kicker.

You're putting words in his mouth that he didn't say. He says now he would have voted otherwise. In August, Lewandowski was a Bayern player. He knew he would be a Bayern player much before that. However, since August (or rather since the World Cup started to be fair), Neuer went up a notch or two. His save percentage this season is much higher than last season's for example. So yes, between August and November (when people should have voted) there were some good performances from Neuer for which Lewandowski felt he'd have overtaken Ronaldo. But not in August. It's not because he made friends with him or that he's now a teammate or whatever, it's because of the performances.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:10 pm

I always thought Ronaldo doesn't score a lot of important goals and mostly scores after his team has already won. Looking at it objectively, turns out, he does score a lot of the important goals (50%) of his goals last 2014 had an effect on his teams' winning percentage. I don't personally like him as a person but I respect him as a player.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:12 pm

tflags wrote:Ronaldo a class above Messi? Seriously? I know the forum was lacking tension, but Jesus... :P

Well, you know, I'm a big Messi hater. I was very mild saying he's a class above Messi. Deep down, I think he's two or three classes above Messi, the good-weather boy who only scores when his team is dominating.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:15 pm

MUTU wrote:You're putting words in his mouth that he didn't say. He says now he would have voted otherwise. In August, Lewandowski was a Bayern player. He knew he would be a Bayern player much before that. However, since August (or rather since the World Cup started to be fair), Neuer went up a notch or two. His save percentage this season is much higher than last season's for example. So yes, between August and November (when people should have voted) there were some good performances from Neuer for which Lewandowski felt he'd have overtaken Ronaldo. But not in August. It's not because he made friends with him or that he's now a teammate or whatever, it's because of the performances.

I very much doubt that. I think it's far more likely that he just wasn't thinking. Why even vote in August, when the award is supposed to take into account the entire year 2014, until end of November?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:15 pm

'Choker' says it all.

Everyone got what they wanted more in the end. We got the WC, he got the Ballon d'Or. But you can't say it was right and will never be.

This is a team sport and we have the best what suits that.

RedQueen wrote:Well, as he says, he would have voted otherwise now that he has changed the team. I've posted the article that appeared this morning in Kicker.

Well, it seems we're not the only ones who think he did smth wrong.
He's feeling guilty for something. :P 'unbiased'
Last edited by JANCKER on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:15 pm

runaway wrote:I always thought Ronaldo doesn't score a lot of important goals and mostly scores after his team has already won. Looking at it objectively, turns out, he does score a lot of the important goals (50%) of his goals last 2014 had an effect on his teams' winning percentage. I don't personally like him as a person but I respect him as a player.

It's Messi who never scores when his team really need the goals. Ronaldo on the contrary (almost) always scores.

When Dortmund eliminated Real Madrid in 2013, he scored 1 goal.
When Bayern eliminated Real Madrid in 2012, he scored 2 goals.
When Barcelona eliminated Real Madrid in 2011, he failed to score, OK (but to be fair Real Madrid scored 1 goal over 2 legs)
When Lyon eliminated Real Madrid in 2010, he scored 1 goal.

It's been over 7 years since Messi last scored in a round where his team got eliminated, in any competition whatsoever, for both club and country. No joke, over 7 years.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:17 pm

JANCKER wrote:He's feeling guilty for something. :P 'unbiased'

Yes, honesty tends to have that effect on you when someone expects you to help them.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:17 pm

JANCKER wrote:The worst thing is that there are Messi and Ronaldo fanboys amongst us... I mean here in the forum.

Beauty! I can't stop hitting myself in the head when I 'hated' him only because he was so damn great magical and powerful. When he moved to Milan I actually saw that even without previous level he can decide matches and derbies with his goals, tricks assists. But his talent, attitude and that smile no matter what... Fantastic guy! =D>
Cristiano and Messi won't ever be like him. He could have ruled the world for all these years, but he obviously can't live without samba and fun. King no matter what! Talent given by birth and eternal!

About the winner and choices... Media decided once again who's the best in 2014. I completely agree with them, so I did when they do the same in 2013 with Ribery.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:26 pm

People couldn't wait to see Messi go down... but he really didn't.
He's paying the price for being on the top for too long and it has to be Ronaldo the crybaby to take him down to please the crowds.

I like how you try to put the blame on Messi even this time, Neuer shouldn't have finished 2nd or 3rd, but 1st...

They're stealing us with some stupid excuses... Ronaldo didn't have Inter or Chelsea to beat to win the ballon d'shit, but the best team in the world, BAYERN.
JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:40 pm

JANCKER wrote:People couldn't wait to see Messi go down... but he really didn't.
He's paying the price for being on the top for too long and it has to be Ronaldo the crybaby to take him down to please the crowds.

I like how you try to put the blame on Messi even this time, Neuer shouldn't have finished 2nd or 3rd, but 1st...

They're stealing us with some stupid excuses... Ronaldo didn't have Inter or Chelsea to beat to win the ballon d'shit, but the best team in the world, BAYERN.

The problem I have IS with Messi.

You see, Ronaldo is the best outfield player and Neuer is the best goalkeeper. Both are the best by a big distance in my opinion (and also in the opinion of the voters). The question was whether outfield was better than goalkeeper as a position. The people voted for outfield. It didn't matter if Neuer finished 2nd; he'd still be the best goalkeeper, and is still the best goalkeeper at the 3rd place. BUT, with Messi in 2nd place, it's an insult to goalkeeping as a role, not just to Neuer.

Messi won nothing in 2014. I know football is a team sport, but what did he do at the World Cup? He scored what was in hindsight the winner against mighty Bosnia, an injury time winner against mighty Iran and put Argentina twice in front against mighty Nigeria. Then the group stages (a.k.a. the real opponents and tough games) came along and he choked. In the final, he literally choked/vomited. Even his #1 fan Maradona said Messi was given the World Cup Golden Ball for marketing purposes.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:41 pm

runaway wrote:Neymar, even if he doesn't have a lot of goals, is the highest here because he scores a lot of the crucial goals like the first goal or the goal to break ties. Ronaldo, by the sheer amount of his goals and he also has quite a lot of 1st goals has high value but of his 54 goals, 27 have no weights because it's already scored when the team is winning. Messi although he has scored more than Ronaldo, has 30 goals that have no weights. Costa also has a great value because despite his low goal tally, most of his goals contributed to the win percentage of his team.

As far as I'm concerned there is still a difference between scoring a goal that holds weight vs 20th place in the league and scoring a goal that holds weight in a CL final.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:45 pm

tflags wrote:Ronaldo a class above Messi? Seriously? I know the forum was lacking tension, but Jesus... :P

He's been better for at least 3 and a half seasons.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World