You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: Can Neuer win the Ballon d'Or ?

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:43 am

I think Lahm should have gotten it at some point, but not this year.

If Robben is the only one to fly to Zürich with Neuer, does that mean those two are the only players in FIFA's World XI? (plus Lahm maybe, who stayed in Munich).

Aside, for those enjoying discussions with ManU fans: In the Redcafe, the goalkeeper war has broken out. Four threads on the front page :D , one more hilarious than the other. At least for spectators. I've no idea how the handful of Bayern fans there put up with it.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:43 am

Any list without Neuer and Ronaldo is a bad one imo. There are a number of players who could've replaced Messi though.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Here's one big fan...

Cillessen: Neuer is best in the world by far - FIFA [source]

FIFA.com: Jasper, who is your personal favourite for the FIFA Ballon d'Or when the decision is announced in Zurich on Monday?
Jasper Cillessen: I hope Manuel Neuer will win. He is really great, he deserves it. Because I'm a goalkeeper, my vote would go to him. If you see how he played with the German team and also FC Bayern, I think he was really, really important for both teams. I think outfield players score goals, but he tries to do everything not to let them go in. He was the best in the world by far.

In that case how would you rank your top three?
I only have one, and that is Neuer. In football only the number one counts.
During Brazil 2014, Manuel Neuer became famous for his excursions from the penalty box in a kind of libero role, especially in the match against Algeria. Is that something you are also looking to incorporate into your game?
You try, but not as far as him because he is much better, at the moment the best in the world. I am lucky to train today with Edwin van der Sar, who is still my favourite, the best in my opinion, but Neuer comes close at the moment. Edwin was my role model and I am lucky that he is here at the moment, I feel like a little boy getting to train with him.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Rauntšik » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:55 pm

RedQueen wrote:
If Robben is the only one to fly to Zürich with Neuer, does that mean those two are the only players in FIFA's World XI? (plus Lahm maybe, who stayed in Munich).

I'm really concerned about this too. I really hope that we have more than 2(3) players in the FIFA's XI. I would be happy with 4, or any other number which is bigger than Real Madrid's one.
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby fearlesskiki » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Would be fun to see that if Neuer wins, he doesnt accept it, just to prove a point :P

It's too unprofessional to do that. Neuer has class. 8) Anyway, he's not that into individual awards. Plus, he already won the most important award in the world. 8)

JANCKER wrote:Are his 'fans' going to watch a horror movie? Back to pessimism...

For the very first time in my life I'm looking forward to a horror movie. :twisted:
ein guter anfang braucht begeisterung, ein gutes ende disziplin
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby Slava raf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:28 pm

Cillessen: Neuer is best in the world by far
FIFA.com: Jasper, who is your personal favourite for the FIFA Ballon d'Or when the decision is announced in Zurich on Monday?
Jasper Cillessen: I hope Manuel Neuer will win. He is really great, he deserves it. Because I'm a goalkeeper, my vote would go to him. If you see how he played with the German team and also FC Bayern, I think he was really, really important for both teams. I think outfield players score goals, but he tries to do everything not to let them go in. He was the best in the world by far.

WHAT THAT MEAN??!!!SENSATION???
Slava raf
Getting the hang of it

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Obviously FIFA is trying to justify smth... and that's wrong, even it's good news.
When a serious organization like FIFA has to justify their actions... #-o
JANCKER

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:10 pm

I don't know what they're playing at. That Cillessen-Interview complete with its headline is the main feature on the FIFA.com frontpage today. Not just the first but the only thing you see on the screen.

http://www.fifa.com/

I've just skimmed through the articles since Jan 1st. In the Ballon D'Or category, there's one interview with Michel Salgado who's backing Ronaldo, another one with Jim Kerr who backs none of the three but feels it should have been Bale, and every other interview is with someone who's backing Neuer. Not one interview backing Messi. Not what I'd call a balanced publishing policy.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:05 pm

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: “Manuel is totally relaxed about the vote. It’s already unbelievable that a keeper has made the last three. The World Cup should be the decisive factor in the year of a tournament, it’s the most important event. Surveying the expert opinions of the last few days, most of them are going with Cristiano Ronaldo, and if I’m honest, I fear they’re right.”

So all these pro Neuer articles are just a trick to make it more exciting... :|
JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:06 pm

JANCKER wrote:So all these pro Neuer articles are just a trick to make it more exciting... :|

Or perhaps the more obvious thing is that Ronaldo won it and FIFA think Neuer should have won it, so they're publishing all these articles as a sort of consolation.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Consolation for whom? I doubt that Neuer reads that.

In the Transfermarkt-Forum a Tweet is cited saying that Ronaldo won it.

It's Bild, or Sportbild, so take this with caution; they're not as shit as Marca or AS, but they aren't what I'd call a reliable source either. I don't see why he would make things up in this case; but there's still the possibility that those sources aren't as good as he thinks.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Slava raf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Vjacheslav Koloskov(in 1980-1996 VICE PRSEDENT of FIFA) - Neuer must get ballon dor
Slava raf
Getting the hang of it

Postby prasun77 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:36 pm

RedQueen wrote:I don't know what they're playing at. That Cillessen-Interview complete with its headline is the main feature on the FIFA.com frontpage today. Not just the first but the only thing you see on the screen.

I've just skimmed through the articles since Jan 1st. In the Ballon D'Or category, there's one interview with Michel Salgado who's backing Ronaldo, another one with Jim Kerr who backs none of the three but feels it should have been Bale, and every other interview is with someone who's backing Neuer. Not one interview backing Messi. Not what I'd call a balanced publishing policy.

WHO?? :shock: :shock:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:39 pm

prasun77 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:I don't know what they're playing at. That Cillessen-Interview complete with its headline is the main feature on the FIFA.com frontpage today. Not just the first but the only thing you see on the screen.

WHO?? :shock: :shock:

This Jim Kerr is funnier than Jim Carrey :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Kerr: Bale can challenge Messi, Ronaldo - FIFA.com [source]

I don't know why they interviewed him anyway. What's the Simple Minds lead singer doing there, gimme a break #-o
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World