You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: Can Neuer win the Ballon d'Or ?

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:50 pm

They would kill for someone like Neuer but they know he's not interested at all in a move away from Germany. Sour grapes.
JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:04 pm

Slava raf wrote:Bookmekers ods for Ballon dor - BET365 FOR Neuer - 6.5 ( yesterday)
BETWAY FOR NEUER - 7(yesterday)
Today for Neuer - 4.5. That mean that chances for NEUER push up!!! :)

4.8 on betfair so it's a trend. Ronaldo is still way ahead with 1.2 though. Messi with a 34.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Certainly a lot closer than anyone would have thought in summer. In summer it would have been more like Ronaldo 1.2, Messi 4.8 and Neuer a 34.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MillaMjau » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:50 pm

Does IFFHS announce World's Best Goalkeeper 2014 in this month?
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Should be due next week.

LOL, "Bild" had their readers vote sportsman of the year 2015. Neuer came out 1st with 49 percent, on the grounds that he won't concede a goal this year. :D
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Here's an overview of the bookmakers.

oddschecker [source]

So Messi's oscillating between 8 and 39. So much for bookmakers' splendid research. Not sure how useful that is. :roll:
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby fearlesskiki » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Personalty I think Neuer has a good chance for the Ballon D'Or. Even before the shortlist came out, I did feel that he would be one of the last 3. If there is a goalkeeper to win this, he would be the one. If there would be a German to win this year, he would be the one. My ideal top 3 would be Neuer, Lahm and Messi/Robben. But I already knew Lahm wouldn't stand a chance no matter how hard he tries. Neuer probably has better chance than Ribery last year. He seems to be trending for the past few months. The world cup did help him to get a lot of exposure to the people from other countries, which is a good news. Hopefully there's a lot of people that are neutral and did not vote Ronaldo because of Ronaldo in the past year. Not putting too much hope but I would really like to see a dark horse to win. 8)

If the award still goes to Ronaldo or Messi, I think the trend will go on until they retire. :( So don't bother who is the 3rd person because he will never win.
ein guter anfang braucht begeisterung, ein gutes ende disziplin
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Slava raf wrote:Bookmekers ods for Ballon dor - BET365 FOR Neuer - 6.5 ( yesterday)
BETWAY FOR NEUER - 7(yesterday)
Today for Neuer - 4.5. That mean that chances for NEUER push up!!! :)

Apparently because odds for Messi went down quite a lot. Odds for Ronaldo are around the same.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Slava raf » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Neuer have a normal chance to get Ballon dor
28.10 in russian TV Blatter called his best players in the world in all time - DE STEFANO PELE AND NEUER
I think for Blatter Neuer is more likeable winner-with Neuer FIFA can restart his work after scandals!
Slava raf
Getting the hang of it

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Blatter last year called Leonard Messi a good boy and Penaldo a commander... it's just a decoy. :P
He's become very fluent in Money.
JANCKER

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:19 am

RedQueen wrote:
bundesliga.com: Do you expect Manuel Neuer to pick up the Ballon d'Or on 12 January?

Benatia: He would certainly deserve it. Manuel is phenomenal. He works incredibly hard every day in training because he always wants more and more. He's a really down-to-earth guy too and he's got a good chance against Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi because he's had an amazing year. He may not be scoring 60 goals a year, but he's conceding very few and he's indispensable for that reason.
Benatia: We're oozing self-confidence [source]

Unfortunately his Moroccan team manager doesn't agree.

Found out apart from Cameroon, the NT managers of Niger, Mozambique and Zimbabwe are Germans too.

The manager of South Korea is Uli Stielike, a former RM player.
JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Some have already mentioned why it's easier for Neuer to have a good percentage. But what is to be noted is that NONE of the goalkeepers recently said to be better than Neuer are there. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Yann Sommer is the best example why it's not true that having less to do means that the save rate is better. Sommer has both the 2nd most saves in the league this season, and the 2nd best save rate. If you look a the tables at NBC, there's no obvious correlation between the number of saves made and the save percentage.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby fearlesskiki » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Some have already mentioned why it's easier for Neuer to have a good percentage. But what is to be noted is that NONE of the goalkeepers recently said to be better than Neuer are there. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

super like your post :wink:
ein guter anfang braucht begeisterung, ein gutes ende disziplin
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby ottackon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:43 pm

and how about all the clearances he makes outside the box ? :)
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World