You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Wilfried Zaha [Dazet Wilfried Armel Zaha]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Wilfried Zaha [Dazet Wilfried Armel Zaha]

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:55 pm

FC Bayern are reportedly after 18-year old striker Wilfried Zaha, currently on the books of Crystal Palace. Wilfried Zaha, who was born in Ivory Coast but plays for England's U-19 national football team, is also requested by Barcelona. He has scored four goals for Crystal Palace in this season. Daily Star reports that Bayern Munich have scouted the player on several occasions and want to bring him to Munich in the January transfer window. Manchester City and Liverpool are also mentioned to be interested.

The news is bound to spark some tongue-in-cheek comments given Franck Ribery's problems with a teenage prostitute called Zahia, but try to control yourself :)

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 27387.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Wilfried Zaha

Postby Bazi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Don't know nothing about the player but
Daily Star reports
should make everybody very suspicious. As far as I recall that source has been repeatedly plain wrong about transfer rumors.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:03 pm

I saw it at Eurosport but thought it was not worth a mention, because, you know, Daily Star.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby appudds » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Same here.. First when i read this thread, I was like WTF.. Zahia? LOL
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Mon May 06, 2019 8:18 am

According to football consultant Ian McGarry, Wilfried Zaha is attracting interest from Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid.

“The two clubs [interested in him] are Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid,” he told The Transfer Window podcast.

“This attraction, if you like, to young English players, especially wingers as we’ve seen with the case of Jadon Sancho in Germany, is continuing.

“The player himself gave an interview which I think went down like a bucket of cold sick at Crystal Palace, in which he said 10 days ago that he’d like to play Champions League football.

“He knows that that’s highly unlikely if he stays at Selhurst Park, despite the fact he’s signed a new five-year contract at the beginning of the season.” [source]

Take with a pinch of salt. The guy's calling a 26 year old (turns 27 in November) Ivorian international a 'young English player', even though, to be fair, he did play twice for England's senior NT.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon May 06, 2019 10:11 am

Well, he's good. He could comfortably grace any team in the world.

He is the only reason why I'm always looking to Palace. When the guy is in his day - there are only a few defenders that can stop him. I just want to add, that he's probably the most important player for his team for all Premier League teams - Palace won just 2 matches without Zaha since their win in 2016 against Sunderland without him. Absolutely no one can terrify a defender as much as Zaha in full flight.

After their game against Liverpool this season - “You cannot defend him alone,” Klopp said. “We had to defend Zaha with two or three players.” He's got everything that you can ask from a moder winger. On top of that, he can play on both sides - LW, RW, can also play as a ST and there were some periods in the last 2 seasons where he played more centrally /as a SS/ - more freedom to roam across the attack.

About his weaknesses, there is no better choice from posting an interview with him that i read couple of weeks ago.

Zaha on his strengths and weaknesses and the one question he always gets asked! [source]

Zaha discussed his own personal development as a player in recent campaigns and revealed an aim he set himself at the beginning of the season.

I set myself a goal to get at least 10 goals; I was so annoyed with myself after the Huddersfield (Town) game because I had two chances, two one-on-ones but I just snuffed them but I still feel like I can get my 10 goals /he's got his 10 goals now! + 8 assists/. All in all, I am happy with my season but from a personal aspect, I feel like I could’ve done a little bit better but that’s just me being hard on myself. I feel like my decision-making is improving slowly. Bit by bit I am learning what I am good at, what I am bad at and what I need to improve; I feel like every season, over the last three seasons, I have made a massive improvement. I am learning when to run with it, when to not run with it, when to pass it. The last thing I need to know is when to shoot because I don’t feel like I shoot enough, so that is the last piece of the puzzle I need to add.

Looking away from any individual aspirations he may have, despite the fact being on penalty duty would help with any goal tally targets, the 26-year-old was amusingly complimentary about his captain Luka Milivojević: "Oh my days, do you know how often I get asked: ‘Why don’t you take penalties?’ How do I tell the guy who scores every single one that I am going to take this one?! I’ve got no chance.

Fair enough mate, I’ll just get kicked and you take the penalties! I don’t know how he does it but he is Mr Reliable. He has earnt the right to take the penalties. I’m practicing but I am nowhere near being as cool as he is, because some of the penalties he has taken, the whole team is depending on him scoring that penalty; I don’t know if I have got ice in my veins to take that penalty.

He's the best player outside of the top 6 Premier League sides, and I'm not going to lie - he's my favourite winger in the Premier League.

And of course:

And a 20 minute video of him destroying defenders.

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Mon May 06, 2019 10:18 am

^ Great insight, but...

IsiahRashad wrote:Palace have not won a match without Zaha since they beat Sunderland in 2016

IsiahRashad wrote:Palace won 2 times without him this season

:think:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon May 06, 2019 10:29 am

MUTU wrote:^ Great insight, but...

IsiahRashad wrote:Palace have not won a match without Zaha since they beat Sunderland in 2016

IsiahRashad wrote:Palace won 2 times without him this season

:think:

Oh, I was so excited by the rumour, that I forgot to follow my words. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks for the note. :wink:

And, i just want to add that his net salary is around 4,4m euros per season, which means around 84k per week.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:36 pm

Very insightful post @IshiahRashad - I do not follow him this closely but am aware from other friends who support premier league clubs and talk about how good he is.

Question - since you are a fan of both Pepe and Zaha - which one do you think fits us better? and which one do you prefer overall?

Edit* I personally still lean towards Pepe due to his age and his acceleration and quicker passing. Zaha seems to more like a classic winger who is excellent at 1on1's but not so much in combinations (then again not the greatest teammates to combine with and the PL is a lot more intense and space to do so).

Would I be correct in saying that if we do not go for a backup CF/SS (such as Jovic) then Zaha might be a more sensible buy as he has the ability to play that role more naturally but if we do than Pepe is better?
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon May 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:Very insightful post @IshiahRashad - I do not follow him this closely but am aware from other friends who support premier league clubs and talk about how good he is.

Question - since you are a fan of both Pepe and Zaha - which one do you think fits us better? and which one do you prefer overall?

Man, that's a tough question to answer. Just like everybody else, they both have strenghts and weaknesess, and we're talking alot lately about Pepe. His biggest weakness remains the defensive contribution - something that we've seen a lot in the recent years with both Ribery and Robben /later in his career/- this is something that every modern great winger should be doing. Of course, we could excuse him because Lille are mostly playing an counter attacking football, and Galtier just saying that his team don't need special help from the wingers. Of course, with different coach, or different playing style the things could change drastically.

He's ahead of Zaha in couple of things - cut'n'shoot; he's younger; his finishing with the left foot is something special. As we know, his left foot is stuper strong and he's the "closest thing to Robben that we can get". Probably this is the thing that our board is loving in his game. 23 years old - still not in his prime. Still can get better game /with the right coach/, and in Bayern or not - i want to see him succeed.

So much with Pepe, for now.

Edit* I personally still lean towards Pepe due to his age and his acceleration and quicker passing. Zaha seems to more like a classic winger who is excellent at 1on1's but not so much in combinations (then again not the greatest teammates to combine with and the PL is a lot more intense and space to do so).

Would I be correct in saying that if we do not go for a backup CF/SS (such as Jovic) then Zaha might be a more sensible buy as he has the ability to play that role more naturally but if we do than Pepe is better?

I said most of the interesting things about Zaha. You're right about him - he's more of a classic type of player, who i think will suit us better. If we just look at this season alone, he's played as a ST - 17 times; LW - 11 times; LM - 3 times; RW - 1 game; RM - 1 game; If we look back at his career - he's got a good number of games as a AM and couple of games as a SS. The board would love him because of that, on top of that they are looking for a guy who can play on both sides of the pitch. The thing that he can play as a striker or second-striker is even better for us.

His crossing is not a world class one, but the style of Palace is just not demanding from him to have a strong one. They're just disastrous with the strikers. Batshuayi is leading their strikers with...3 goals /and he came in the winter/, so we don't have to talk much about it. Hypothetically speaking - he's going to love playing on the centre of the midfield with us. With his super dribbling and accurate passing, he's the perfect type of player that we can ask for this position. He's very versatile because he’s not just someone that can beat you during non-structured defenses but also against a set defense. And that's the thing that we struggle most of the time with Kovac. We just cannot "drive in to" the defensive lines, because we lack players who can imagine the situation in his head and create that on the pitch. Well, we have one, but it's looking like he's not going to stay.

He's ahead of Pepe in couple of things - better overall player, defensive contribution, can hold the ball better /less turnovers and losed balls per 90/, but he's 3 years older that Pepe.

Overall, i would prefer Zaha instead of Pepe. But that's just my choice. I'm always liking a players who're "going under the radar" for a big part of the football fans around the world. Though it does not take long before you notice him. I'm curious to know what he can do with better teammates around him - people who can take away some pressure of him. Pepe still have time to improve, but i highly doubt that this can be done under our current coach.

Tend to agree with you, because if we don't buy James or another AM/SS - Zaha is clearly the better option of two. But if we buy another winger and AM and we need just someone who needs to shoot and score goals - Pepe is going to be the better option.

Ideally, I would buy Zaha and spend the extra money on de Ligt, but no one is asking me. :wink:
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:03 pm

That surprised me - I thought you were much more in support of Pepe. I am already imagining a world where Ten Hag is our coach and watching his Ajax play this total football 2.0 with constant movement and quick triangular combinations - I feel like Pepe fits that much better than Zaha.

Defensive contribution is a big + for me as well but it took a while before Ribery and Robben started doing it and Pepe is only 23 so I think with the right coach its not a big ask.

I am a bit biased for the type of players I prefer in the SS/CAM roles (the diminutive dribbler types) a.k.a De Beek or Dybala who we are also linked with so that only further cancels out Zaha for me.

The funny thing is I think the entire fanbase unanimously agrees on spending the cash on De Ligt first before anyone else and even before determining the attackers - the crucial signings are De Ligt + Ten Hag and I really really hope the board is thinking the same way.

For e.g. - when we are comparing Zaha's hold up play as a pro vs Pepe's tendency to lose the ball more - I automatically assume that if we have Lucas and De Ligt then turnovers are not as much of a worry. That defensive pairing will be the magical formula that can potentially win us everything not the attackers we end up signing.

Last question regarding another one of your favraites - if you imagine Zaha playing in the center of our attacking unit how do you rate him vs Tolisso - who more and more I imagine as a CAM/SS than a box to box - assuming we do not attempt to find a replacement for James and just spend our budget on the wings and focus on Tolisso taking over James's spot.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon May 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:That surprised me - I thought you were much more in support of Pepe. I am already imagining a world where Ten Hag is our coach and watching his Ajax play this total football 2.0 with constant movement and quick triangular combinations - I feel like Pepe fits that much better than Zaha.

Defensive contribution is a big + for me as well but it took a while before Ribery and Robben started doing it and Pepe is only 23 so I think with the right coach its not a big ask.

I am a bit biased for the type of players I prefer in the SS/CAM roles (the diminutive dribbler types) a.k.a De Beek or Dybala who we are also linked with so that only further cancels out Zaha for me.

The funny thing is I think the entire fanbase unanimously agrees on spending the cash on De Ligt first before anyone else and even before determining the attackers - the crucial signings are De Ligt + Ten Hag and I really really hope the board is thinking the same way.

For e.g. - when we are comparing Zaha's hold up play as a pro vs Pepe's tendency to lose the ball more - I automatically assume that if we have Lucas and De Ligt then turnovers are not as much of a worry. That defensive pairing will be the magical formula that can potentially win us everything not the attackers we end up signing.

Last question regarding another one of your favraites - if you imagine Zaha playing in the center of our attacking unit how do you rate him vs Tolisso - who more and more I imagine as a CAM/SS than a box to box - assuming we do not attempt to find a replacement for James and just spend our budget on the wings and focus on Tolisso taking over James's spot.

Great conversation ;)

It's just funny that the board don't acknowledge our defensive problems before the end of the current season. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Süle, who in my eyes is outdated type of defender, who cannot deal with most of the agressive attackers these days. Also, his movement with feet is clearly lamely, which is the biggest difference between him and Pavard. Lucas is going to be a starter, and i hope that Pavard can take the other starting position...if we don't bring de Ligt. de Ligt and Lucas and we're lit. I also hope that Rummenigge will prevail and we somehow going to see both of them in Munich.

If what we are talking happens, i also think that ten Hag would love a lot more to work with Pepe. After all, he's the better version of Ziyech. Knowing Ziyech's season, we can only thing about what a player like Pepe can do under ten Hag. :roll:

Well, again - tough question for me to answer. Last season, out of the ten goals Coco scored, five of them were from headers. He can score, but he's not the most creative player out here. Yes, Goretzka is also not the right guy. He is the dynamic midfielder that we need to link up play, play balls in behind, and then follow up into the box to be a threat. From what i see, Kovac loves Goretzka more than him as a AM/SS type of player. I'm watching Tolisso since 2011 and his biggest strenght was always been the finding of a lot of space after running in from outside the box to hammer a header or to tap in the ball + his shots outside the box. He's at his best between the defensive lines when in transition as the box-to-box mid.

His biggest potencial is in the defensive midfielder role. He's always had the abilities to play as a DM - his long passing is great, he have the ability to evade opposition pressure and press /he's taking too much risk sometimes/, great tackling and interception. Yes, he's not like Javi, but this is a plus for us - we all want a DM who can play with the ball. Last season he was standing on a 90.6% pass accuracy and was completing 3.6 out of his 4.2 (!) attempted long balls per game, /better than Jorginho in this area/, and he averaged a pass length of 18m, this is the exact same length as Kroos. They can try to use him as a AM, but he's going to be a better a little further back in the pitch.

Tolisso is the best option alongise Thiago. But Kovac needs to understand what he have in his hands, but Zaha is just better at creating opportunities for his teammates.

------------Zaha-------------
-----Thiago-----Tolisso-----

is the best option for me.

Who you think we should bring for the wings + our potencial AM ?
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Mon May 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Zaha is actually quite an interesting player to me. But I remember earlier in the year he was linked with Dortmund and they were saying he'd cost 60m, now that I'm not sure of...
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon May 06, 2019 8:32 pm

aterford wrote:Zaha is actually quite an interesting player to me. But I remember earlier in the year he was linked with Dortmund and they were saying he'd cost 60m, now that I'm not sure of...

The latest reports in England are sending him in Arsenal for around 46m euros.
Arsenal 'eye £40m move for Wilfried Zaha' [source]
It's on couple of newspapers, but you never know with with the English media..

Earlier this year, there was another reports for him - that Tottenham wants him, but he'll cost 80m euros for them, so i guess it's depending on his new team.
I see the situation just like with Malcom last year- there were reports that he's going to cost 70,80m, but Barca got him for 41m.. And i would rather spend 40-50-60m on him, instead of Ziyech - there is no room for comparison.

The only wingers that we can bring /realistically speaking/ are Zaha, Pepe, Ziyech and probably Neres. But Zaha deserves the money, he's the best of this list at the moment. Of course, it's probably going to be different after 4,5 years.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby nm462272 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:44 pm

just want to say i appreciate the insight - really interesting reading about these players who i never get a chance to watch =D>
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News