You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Transfer Wish list...

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Which part of the team would you improve if you had the money to do it?

Attack - ST/SS/LW/RW/AM
58%
Midfield - CM/DM/CDM
No votes
Defence - RB/CB/LB/GK
42%

Total votes : 12

Re: Transfer Wish list...

Postby aterford » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:01 am

I am sure I am probably repeating myself (or others) but here are my (hopeful) priorities for the rest of the summer.

1. Ensure that we don't lose BOTH Alaba and Thiago at all costs.
2a. Extend Alaba
2b. Extend Thiago
3. Sell Tolisso, Javi, and Ulreich.
4. Add a player at RB. Can be a "project" or "talent" who doesn't need to start from day one.
5. I would look into another option for our 4th winger. If the money is right I would not be totally opposed to Perisic but wouldn't be my first option. Wouldn't mind seeing Jeong brought back - I think he's good enough for the 4th spot, at least.
6. If Thiago is sold and Alaba stays, we will need to buy a CM.
7. If Alaba is sold and Thiago stays, I would probably want us to buy another CB. Still in decent shape at LB between Davies and Lucas - but losing depth at CB then. I don't want another situation where one of our (presumably) starting CBs is also meant to be backup at fullback and there's no depth behind him at CB when he plays at fullback.
8. If both Thiago and Alaba are sold....buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy and busy summer. Will have to really act decisively to salvage things.

Grading potential outcomes -
Scenario A: If Alaba and Thiago are extended, Tolisso/Javi/Ulreich sold, and a RB added, that's pretty much a 10/10 for me. Getting a new 4th winger would just be icing on cake at that point.
Scenario B: If Tolisso/Javi/Ulreich are sold, RB added, but one of Thiago/Alaba goes BUT we get a decent replacement for them, I'll call it an 8/10.
Scenario C: If "Scenario B" happens BUT we don't get a proper replacement for one of Alaba/Thiago then it's a 6/10.
Scenario D: If Tolisso/Javi/Ulreich are sold, RB added, but BOTH Thiago/Alaba leave and no decent replacement, 2/10.
Scenario E: Tolisso, Javi, Ulreich, Thiago, Alaba all leave. No RB added, no new 4th winger, no replacements for Alaba/Thiago = 1/10 (and that's pretty much a pity grade for managing to get Sane at least)
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:57 am

Think you're still being too generous...

We've been discussing the crucial 2020 here for years - in fact: weren’t you one of the forerunners of that discussion?
We also still have - sorry to the merited players that were great assets in the past - A LOT of deadweight in this squad on top of that...

Now granted, the pandemic was unexpected for us all, but yes, I expect a club like Bayern to have a little more plan than "we'll see what we can do"!

If we end up losing two CRUCIAL players, they better have WC replacements ready that deliver from day one!

So yeah, if we lose both Alaba and Thiago, bringing in less than two transfers AT LEAST on the Sané level (not money-wise) would be a HUGE failure! Catastrophic mismanagement that couldn’t be better than a -generous- 3/10 in my book... Actually, it’s more like a 2... And even that is mostly out of pity rather than actual appreciation...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:54 am

Controversial Opinion: Bayern should try to sign James Rodriguez from Real Madrid in the €30-35m range.

Well since Havertz is almost surely going to Chelsea and Coutinho is 100% leaving next season I think James could be a useful signing who can fill in any attacking position for us (except CF) He has only a year left on his contract and Zidane still doesn’t like him.

Next season Bayern will be playing many games without many days in between because of the pandemic rescheduling. Plus the winter break will be shorter too and having a good quality squad can be an asset.

IMO James was good during his time here and had an unfortunate injury in his second season and I think Niko was a very bad manager for him. James has the quality as he has shown at Real, for Colombia and had under Jupp.

Gnabry, Sané, Coman, Perisic*, Thomas and James* means we are stacked in the wings/CAM positions. Thiago, Kimmich, Goretzka and Tolisso would complete the midfield and Bayern would have a fantastic top quality squad in the forward, middle and wide areas.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lahmies » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:40 am

Don't know why some of you still dream of James when it was made pretty clear he did not want to stay here. He would rather be a lap dog in Madrid than a player in Germany.
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:51 am

America USA wrote:Controversial Opinion: Bayern should try to sign James Rodriguez from Real Madrid in the €30-35m range.

Well since Havertz is almost surely going to Chelsea and Coutinho is 100% leaving next season I think James could be a useful signing who can fill in any attacking position for us (except CF) He has only a year left on his contract and Zidane still doesn’t like him.

Next season Bayern will be playing many games without many days in between because of the pandemic rescheduling. Plus the winter break will be shorter too and having a good quality squad can be an asset.

IMO James was good during his time here and had an unfortunate injury in his second season and I think Niko was a very bad manager for him. James has the quality as he has shown at Real, for Colombia and had under Jupp.

Gnabry, Sané, Coman, Perisic*, Thomas and James* means we are stacked in the wings/CAM positions. Thiago, Kimmich, Goretzka and Tolisso would complete the midfield and Bayern would have a fantastic top quality squad in the forward, middle and wide areas.

We did want to sign him, however he did not want to stay and he recently admitted this too.

“Bayern is a top club, but the one who did not want to continue was me. They wanted to activate the purchase option, but I spoke with a leader so that they did not do it because I was not comfortable and I was not happy.

“When that happens in your life you have to make decisions, they understood it perfectly. At that time my decision was that and I do not regret it. ”
 [source]
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:09 am

Problem is/was that FC Bayern isnt located in Madrid or some other parts of Spain. :mrgreen:

About the fee... nobody on earth should pay now more than 15-20 million €. I mean, eating drugs so much hurts your judgement and the Madrid board are crazy if they think they can sell a total bench warmer for more than 20 million. :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ninja& » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:41 am

I think he is a very good player and currently from what I have read only Everton are interested in him. So on this assumption I think he favours a move to bayern. However if Ødegaard is available I think he would be better for Bayern in The Long term especially if havertz goes to Chelsea which might happen
Ninja&
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
America USA wrote:Controversial Opinion: Bayern should try to sign James Rodriguez from Real Madrid in the €30-35m range.

We did want to sign him, however he did not want to stay and he recently admitted this too.

“Bayern is a top club, but the one who did not want to continue was me. They wanted to activate the purchase option, but I spoke with a leader so that they did not do it because I was not comfortable and I was not happy.

“When that happens in your life you have to make decisions, they understood it perfectly. At that time my decision was that and I do not regret it. ”
 [source]
Because we had an amateur clown (who kept him of the bench way too much) as coach. If had had a better coach at the time his decision would have been different.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:30 pm

What’s in the past is in the past. Niko is gone now and maybe Flick can convince James otherwise. Anyway he is not a starter at Madrid and at Bayern at least he’ll get a coach who probably would trust him more and he would mostly get a lot more respect from the fans who won’t boo him (I know the attendance is zero right now but I’m talking otherwise)

I hope the club haven’t burned their bridges with James. Everyone, including James, need to act like grown up professionals and keep their egos aside and have a discussion about this. What’s the worst that can happen? James says no again right? But on the flip side him signing would IMO be a major boost to our squad given that Coutinho is not staying at Bayern and Havertz is not coming to Bayern. Yes James is 29 but if he can perform then Age is just a number. For reference Thiago too is 29 and Thomas is gonna be 31 in September.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:52 pm

America USA wrote:What’s in the past is in the past. Niko is gone now and maybe Flick can convince James otherwise. Anyway he is not a starter at Madrid and at Bayern at least he’ll get a coach who probably would trust him more and he would mostly get a lot more respect from the fans who won’t boo him (I know the attendance is zero right now but I’m talking otherwise)

I hope the club haven’t burned their bridges with James. Everyone, including James, need to act like grown up professionals and keep their egos aside and have a discussion about this. What’s the worst that can happen? James says no again right? But on the flip side him signing would IMO be a major boost to our squad given that Coutinho is not staying at Bayern and Havertz is not coming to Bayern. Yes James is 29 but if he can perform then Age is just a number. For reference Thiago too is 29 and Thomas is gonna be 31 in September.

I think you are making too many assumptions. Maybe it wasn't Kovac? Maybe James simply did not take to life in Munich?

What is clear is that he was not happy then and there has been little evidence to show that he could/would make a return. If you read the article James mentions that R.Madrid did not let him move to the Spanish club he wanted to go to last summer.

“They didn’t let me go to the club I wanted to go to. They wanted me to go to another team,” James Rodríguez confessed in his interview with Gol Caracol.

“There was a very good proposal from a Spanish team, I would not like to say the name of the team, which Madrid rejected.

“I started pre-season with Madrid without wanting to. I also had an offer from Italy but it didn’t convince me.

“My agent Jorge Mendes told me Real Madrid had an offer from China, but I wasn’t ready to go there because I feel I can give a lot more in Europe.

“Honestly, they didn’t let me go to the club I wanted to play for. They wanted me to go to another team. ”

When asked why he hasn’t played more often: “It’s a good question, I’d like to know too,” Rodriguez said.

James Rodríguez reveals Real Madrid blocked permanent switch [source]

It is safe to say the James ship has sailed.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:56 pm

Yeah... He was a bad manager ONLY for him...

Maybe he'd have stayed, maybe he wouldn’t, if we had a proper coach... But he’s definitely not coming back... And I'm not mad about it...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:36 am

I feel really uncomfortable at the thought of losing Alaba, Thiago and Boateng in one window. Losing one of the three would be fine, even Alaba is replaceable, but two or three of them would be a disaster.
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:39 am

Bomber_der_Nation wrote:I feel really uncomfortable at the thought of losing Alaba, Thiago and Boateng in one window. Losing one of the three would be fine, even Alaba is replaceable, but two or three of them would be a disaster.
I don't want to think about the possibility of losing / selling Alaba.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 pm

As I've said multiple times, one of my desired players for the RB is Emerson Royal.

He's a Barca player, who's playing on loan for Real Betis. 21 years old, and Barca are looking to sell him since they are looking for fresh money for the Lautaro deal. They want around 20-25m for the young player and it's said that Milan has already approached them couple of times for him. Much more stable than every RB which Bayern is connected with so far.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 pm

#12 wrote:Simple and easy wish: for once, just this one time, I'd like to see a transfer period that doesn’t throw us back two to three years and that ain't completely FUCKED UP!
Well, I think it’s safe to say that that ship has sailed - and then sunk into the Mariana Trench...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News