You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 am

Of course they don’t... Where would he play?!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 am

#12 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:Werner is a good player in the right system... Bayern does not play that system. As I've said before, I think he will be another Götze...

If that... Burning money, just to get "a German"...

On the other hand, when it comes to numbers Werner's are better than some of our non-German players of his same age meant to carry the club forward, one example Coman. Taking the numbers out of the way I do not see too much difference in quality (and appreciation goes in the eye of the beholder) between Werner and his Bayern competition for the same spot: Coman, Gnabry, current Muller.

Now, going back to the subject of getting a world class non German, we have 3 of those: Lewa, Thiago, James: what have they done for me lately? I do not think that spending 150M in a foreign world class player, on top of that pay him 25M per season and piss off the rest of the team is going to cut it for Bayern. In my opinion Bayern's model is not wrong, it just needs to be overhauled with a more aggressive scouting, bring those youngsters to the academy and let them have some continuity at the club. It is like being able to find 3 or 4 Kimmichs out there and provide a path of development. One example on how politics got in the way: we held on Robben-Ribery 1-2 seasons too much, their presence suppresses opportunities for our prospects, (I wouldn't have minded seeing Alphonso Davies a few more minutes)

Going back to Werner I am not sure he will be a miss more than a hit specially if he comes at 40-50M, he is young, has speed, he is a hard worker, a good track record in the BL already, part of the National Team, versatile being able to play as a second striker, on the wings or even as main striker.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 am

There is another good thing about Werner and it's that he could cover up for Lewy whenever needed. Any +4 week injury for Lewy and we are done.

Werner is not a real #9 but definitely a very good solution with a just a couple of tactical changes. I wouldn't like to see Müller again playing as lone striker and I don't think neither Arp nor Zirkzee would be up to the challenge yet
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:34 am

Jorge wrote:
#12 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:Werner is a good player in the right system... Bayern does not play that system. As I've said before, I think he will be another Götze...

If that... Burning money, just to get "a German"...

On the other hand, when it comes to numbers Werner's are better than some of our non-German players of his same age meant to carry the club forward, one example Coman. Taking the numbers out of the way I do not see too much difference in quality (and appreciation goes in the eye of the beholder) between Werner and his Bayern competition for the same spot: Coman, Gnabry, current Muller.

Now, going back to the subject of getting a world class non German, we have 3 of those: Lewa, Thiago, James: what have they done for me lately? I do not think that spending 150M in a foreign world class player, on top of that pay him 25M per season and piss off the rest of the team is going to cut it for Bayern. In my opinion Bayern's model is not wrong, it just needs to be overhauled with a more aggressive scouting, bring those youngsters to the academy and let them have some continuity at the club. It is like being able to find 3 or 4 Kimmichs out there and provide a path of development. One example on how politics got in the way: we held on Robben-Ribery 1-2 seasons too much, their presence suppresses opportunities for our prospects, (I wouldn't have minded seeing Alphonso Davies a few more minutes)

Going back to Werner I am not sure he will be a miss more than a hit specially if he comes at 40-50M, he is young, has speed, he is a hard worker, a good track record in the BL already, part of the National Team, versatile being able to play as a second striker, on the wings or even as main striker.

He's WAY worse as we're getting him for a position with no need... And I think it’s absolutely retarded to get a player with one year on his contract for 35m plus!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:07 pm

#12 wrote:He's WAY worse as we're getting him for a position with no need... And I think it’s absolutely retarded to get a player with one year on his contract for 35m plus!

I do not see it the same way, we are not getting him for a single position, he is a versatile player that could be utilized in a number of positions, there is always a need for this type of players as it provides for different tactical approaches based on specifics. For a coach, this is always a commodity to have. The one year left in his contract becomes less relevant in his case because at his age (just turned 23 a few weeks ago) he has a trajectory. It was at his age that Lewandowski broke through in the Bundesliga, at his age Ribery was returning to France from Galatasaray, and on and on. He can even flourish as an striker as some world class strikers did at an older age, this should not be Plan A for the post Lewandowski era, but it could be in the mix of options. I do understand why so much skepticism when it comes to Werner, definitely not a magic bullet but a good weapon to have at our disposal as we look into rebuilding Bayern for the next decade.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:26 pm

BTW, this is you not long ago:
#12 wrote:Why would the deal collapse if Arsenal wanted to sell to us and there was an agreement with the player? Uli calculating for Kalle that you can get 5 Gnabrys for one Alexis?

In today's world I take a half Gnabry over two Alexis. Back then, it made even less sense to pay substantially more for an old player, also with one year left in his contract, a demand for a ridiculous salary (25M), and on and on. Maybe you overlooked facts paying too much attention to his passport, some of us didn't.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby bmguy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm

#12 wrote:If we play back 3 another CD is mandatory!

I think you missed the point. we need 3 CDs and the CDs on the sides must know how to defense like fullbacks, that's why we brought home Pavard and Lucas. And what's the problem with you without knowing that they can play as CD ? They sure do

something like this.

Alaba and Kimmich now have more freedom that they don't have to move all the way back too often just to defend, so the system can switch from defense to attack quicker.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby zozon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:41 pm

This guy missed the whole forum. He isnt a Bayern fan and yet you tell him he is missing points.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:02 pm

I don't understand what is special about Werner. Seriously.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby nm462272 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:04 pm

kod2600 wrote:I don't understand what is special about Werner. Seriously.

the best of a bad batch of German center forwards. he's no Klose or Gomez, that's for certain.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:52 pm

bmguy wrote:
#12 wrote:If we play back 3 another CD is mandatory!

I think you missed the point. we need 3 CDs and the CDs on the sides must know how to defense like fullbacks, that's why we brought home Pavard and Lucas. And what's the problem with you without knowing that they can play as CD ? They sure do

something like this.

Alaba and Kimmich now have more freedom that they don't have to move all the way back too often just to defend, so the system can switch from defense to attack quicker.

Yeah Süle is an average player...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:53 pm

zozon wrote:This guy missed the whole forum. He isnt a Bayern fan and yet you tell him he is missing points.

Someone call for nonsense comments or why are you back out of your hole?
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:55 pm

nm462272 wrote:

the best of a bad batch of German center forwards. he's no Klose or Gomez, that's for certain.

He is not a center forward by trade, nor he is being utilized in that role at his current club. Good thing he can play as one also, like this last weekend when Poulsen was not available, and he delivered.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby nm462272 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Jorge wrote:
nm462272 wrote:

He is not a center forward by trade, nor he is being utilized in that role at his current club. Good thing he can play as one also, like this last weekend when Poulsen was not available, and he delivered.

okay, then what's his position then? general forward? if so, would he play in front of Lewandowski, Coman, Gnabry, etc.? Or second striker? Why should he play instead of Müller?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jorge » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Not special but practical: a good offensive option: excellent 2nd striker (20 goals per season) that can also play on the wings or as a CF (versatility) work rate, speed, team chemistry (being part of the NT will give continuity to his understanding of Bayern’s team mates also in the NT), youth….
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News