You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:29 am

RedQueen wrote:Werner is 22, he isn't a media pro like some of the older players. If he's being backed into a corner by a pestering journalist, it's to be expected that his statements aren't polished word for word. Therefore it makes no sense to read all kinds of things into a half-sentence he hasn't put 100% unmistakably.

If he isn't a media pro, I'd wager that chances are that he'd speak the truth. The pros would know what to say to hide their real intents. The naive ones end up speaking the truth and later regretting it.

Anyway seems like we agree to disagree. I feel he's interested in Bayern, for me there's definite hints in that direction.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Feel what you want... You’re wrong
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Seen this floating around a lot today, not sure of the source though.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:42 pm

This is from the same interview in Kicker print where he said he'll stay in Leipzig next season.

Dennoch beschäftigt sich der Nationalstürmer mit einem möglichen zukünftigen Wechsel. "Wenn man ein Thomas Müller oder Mesut Özil oder Robert Lewandowski werden will, muss man vielleicht irgendwann zwangsläufig zu einem Verein, der in der Champions League ins Halbfinale kommt." In Deutschland sei Bayern dafür die "wohl einzige Anlaufstelle, wenn man auf dem ganz hohen Niveau spielen will."
same source that I used above [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:24 pm

With the two games played so far in the World Cup, Werner is showing that he's not the right replacement for Lewandowski. He needs space to be effective as a striker and he'll not have that with us just like he's not having that with Germany. He was never dangerous as a target man, but created several dangerous chances when he played behind Gomez and drifted to the left wing.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby aterford » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Werner is a great player and though he didn't score he looked very, very dangerous to me today. All in all I'd love to have him on our team...but it would require a lot of "shuffling". And I'm not opposed to that - but I'm just saying if we tried to plug him in and have everyone else play the same way, it'd be a mess. He's not a straight replacement for Lewy (or Gomez or whoever) but in the right system/tactical setup he'd be a monster for us.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:57 pm

I agree with aterford, he is a great football player. Him and Reust I though really pulled the team forward in the end by making dangerous runs consistently. But he is not a target man, and that is while also considering that Germany aren't playing very well right now either. If he is to come, changes will be needed.

But there is no reason why Bayern shouldn't look at both him and Brandt.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:47 am

I want Bayern to continue with a target man type of a striker. The way other teams play us in the Bundesliga, we need a target man that can head and finish in the box. Werner is a great player for a counter attacking team like Leipzig.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:13 am

gumboduncan wrote:With the two games played so far in the World Cup, Werner is showing that he's not the right replacement for Lewandowski. He needs space to be effective as a striker and he'll not have that with us just like he's not having that with Germany. He was never dangerous as a target man, but created several dangerous chances when he played behind Gomez and drifted to the left wing.

He's actually not looking like a striker at all
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:42 am

I am noticing that under pressure he collapses...
This means that he is not yet ready to play for a team of the caliber such as Bayern or any other top European team.

Schande

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:46 am

He didn't collapse in either game in my opinion, and yesterday was even better than vs Mexico, but he's shown he's not being played right. He seems to be moe of a winger or second striker on the pitch, which I'm fine with as long as Gomez starts.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:47 am

gumboduncan wrote:With the two games played so far in the World Cup, Werner is showing that he's not the right replacement for Lewandowski. He needs space to be effective as a striker and he'll not have that with us just like he's not having that with Germany. He was never dangerous as a target man, but created several dangerous chances when he played behind Gomez and drifted to the left wing.

Although I really like him as a player, I have to say I tend to agree... :roll: It could prove difficult to make him fit our playing style and team.
Didn’t he also play as a winger at Stuttgart?
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 am

I have the feeling that he can play the role of next Ribery in our team with another target man in the box.
Usually we are playing against teams that park the bus, so he will be kind of lost as ST. But as LAM I think he could shine.

Personally I would bring him and Brandt to be our next side forwards for the years to come.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:54 am

AvatarX wrote:I have the feeling that he can play the role of next Ribery in our team with another target man in the box.
Usually we are playing against teams that park the bus, so he will be kind of lost as ST. But as LAM I think he could shine.

Personally I would bring him and Brandt to be our next side forwards for the years to come.

Yes although to be honest if he doesn't solve the striker problem I don't see the point in spending big just yet.

I say we keep Coman as our starter, get Brandt for the right wing (both can change places as necessary), James in the middle. Müller can back up James, he's much more effective centrally. Gnabry backs up Brandt. That leaves LW as the problem, but after all we still have Robbery for the time being. The problem is if Coman gets injured long term again.

I still want a new striker unless Gnabry/Wagner can fill that role but those who said Werner is not the solution were right, I think.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:02 am

Werner can be a great striker in open play, but the problem is that we usually play against defensive teams.

I have a feeling that he will shine in WC knock out rounds were teams would open up and try to attack.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News