You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby aterford » Thu May 28, 2020 8:21 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Exactly. Lewa will be a top player for at least another 2 seasons, probably more. We’ll just have to see who the next big upcoming striker then is.
Well, we don't really know that. I mean, yes, Lewy is currently better than ever, but we don't really know that it will go on for 2-3 more years. Once players cross 30 it is wiser to have a successor standing by. Maybe not so urgent this year, but defo in 2021.

Plus, we don't want another Robbery situation in which we are stuck with players that were no longer good enough as starters for 3 years.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

That's how I feel.
IMO, it would be better to err on the side of moving on from Lewy 'too soon' rather than hang on to him until he's well past his best and then HAVE to replace him with a top striker ASAP. Robbery is a great example. No disrespect to them, but nobody would deny that they were well past their best in their final years at Bayern and we (to me, anyways) seemingly only halfheartedly tried to replace them. Once it was clear they were done, it put us in a sticky situation where we need a new winger and everyone knows we're buying.

Not saying Werner is the definitive answer for who we replace Lewy with, but just in principle: it's better (9/10 times) to replace (or at least start working on replacing) a player when you CAN rather than when you HAVE to.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 28, 2020 9:23 pm

I wonder who's going to be the next striker after Lewandowski. There are 2 possibilities, in let's say 2022 or 2023 - to go after a young, promising guy like (throwing names out of my head) - Maxi Gomez, Alexander Isak, Haaland, Donyell Malen or Victor Osimhen, or we're going to search for an elite/WC strikers entering/already in their prime like Jesus, Lautaro Martinez, Moussa Dembélé or Mbappe (lol)?

I just hope that we're not going to look for a cheap german striker because there are absolutely 0 up and coming strikers under 21 or 22 at the moment with maybe Karim Adeyemi being the only exception.

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 28, 2020 9:26 pm

To be honest for the time being I’d like to see more of Zirkzee. I no longer desperately want a backup striker in fact. I liked what we saw of him.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:33 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Thu May 28, 2020 9:57 pm

aterford wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Exactly. Lewa will be a top player for at least another 2 seasons, probably more. We’ll just have to see who the next big upcoming striker then is.
Well, we don't really know that. I mean, yes, Lewy is currently better than ever, but we don't really know that it will go on for 2-3 more years. Once players cross 30 it is wiser to have a successor standing by. Maybe not so urgent this year, but defo in 2021.

Plus, we don't want another Robbery situation in which we are stuck with players that were no longer good enough as starters for 3 years.

That's how I feel.
IMO, it would be better to err on the side of moving on from Lewy 'too soon' rather than hang on to him until he's well past his best and then HAVE to replace him with a top striker ASAP. Robbery is a great example. No disrespect to them, but nobody would deny that they were well past their best in their final years at Bayern and we (to me, anyways) seemingly only halfheartedly tried to replace them. Once it was clear they were done, it put us in a sticky situation where we need a new winger and everyone knows we're buying.

Not saying Werner is the definitive answer for who we replace Lewy with, but just in principle: it's better (9/10 times) to replace (or at least start working on replacing) a player when you CAN rather than when you HAVE to.

Now I see some substance on this discussion. I wouldn't count on Lewa being the same striker for the years to come (I will be glad if it happens though) and the bad news for those who see Lewa for the next 5 years contributing to Bayern is that strikers have like an internal switch, there is that one day when they slow down and they do not have many options to reinvent themselves. And they will still show flashes of their class, but consistency will not be there. Take Pizarro, or Ibra, or Luca Toni, late into their 30's they still had it but it was absurd to think that any top club could count on them to be THE ONE.

And that's my argument all along: Werner wouldn't be a Lewa replacement, he can't be, if it is apples to apples, that will be Poulsen from the Leipzig squad. The reason why Werner would have made sense is precisely because Lewa is approaching those years that will need a tactical set up to supplement an old Lewa, either when he is on the field or when he is not on the field.

Let's start with the concept of our tactical set up of the last 10 years: a central striker and two wingers. What would make anyone think that an old Lewa with a pair of wingers is going to give what a younger Lewa with Robben and Ribery did not give us? I have reasons to believe that we need a coach and players that can give us different tactical options.

It seems that found the coach on Flick and he has indicated that he wants to try different concepts and not play the same system all the time. Then we need the players. In my opinion Werner is the type of player that could give you options. He will be that 2nd striker supplementing Lewa (the same way he does at Leipzig) and that player that can be part of the dynamic trio (like Liverpool) when Lewa is not on the field. The add that if we have an injury crisis Werner can be deployed as a winger as well, not his best position but good enough for BL form what I have seen.

Signing Werner for arounf $30M last summer would have been a steal on plain daylight.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Thu May 28, 2020 10:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:To be honest for the time being I’d like to see more of Zirkzee. I no longer desperately want a backup striker in fact. I liked what we saw of him.

I wouldn't mind and I hope he continues to develop but it is hard to tell for a striker that young (just turned 19) and sitting on the bench for the most part.
Maybe an offensive midfielder that operates naturally on the center and can show up in the area disrupting the opponent's defensive line to open space for Zirkzee will do the trick: Havertz?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:40 pm

Jorge wrote:
#12 wrote: However, I still think 25m is a hoax... I remember they wanted like 60... I doubt he would’ve been available for less than 40... Which would make it more of a brainer IMHO... But yes, as I said before 30m and below, no contest...

It is widely accepted that his current release clause after signing a 4 year contract until 2023 that summer is €60 million (£52m), it does not make any sense that with one year left in his contract and the player expressing desire to leave Leipzig had any leverage. I am convinced the cost was not $25M but even more convinced that it wasn't $40M or above.

By the way, at 40M he was still a good signing, not with Kovac but with Flick (which we did not know at the time, of course). Compare that to what we are paying for Countinho, a player that I knew was going to have problems adapting and has become useless on Flick's concept. Werner would have given Flick the tactical options that he has mentioned several times in recent interviews.

We'll never know... But I'm with you for the rest of the post...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:41 pm

Jorge wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Sign him along with Sane and havertz in 2021

I doubt that will happen, it will be only two of these (most likely one). Werner most likely will end up at Liverpool (Man U is also tracking him but they want Sancho)

BTW, if you sign 3 German Internationals I can mention a couple here that will die of a heart attack.
Me, from screaming and crying about another WC?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri May 29, 2020 12:06 am

Jorge wrote:
aterford wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"]Exactly. Lewa will be a top player for at least another 2 seasons, probably more. We’ll just have to see who the next big upcoming striker then is.

That's how I feel.

Now I see some substance on this discussion. I wouldn't count on Lewa being the same striker for the years to come (I will be glad if it happens though) and the bad news for those who see Lewa for the next 5 years contributing to Bayern is that strikers have like an internal switch, there is that one day when they slow down and they do not have many options to reinvent themselves. And they will still show flashes of their class, but consistency will not be there. Take Pizarro, or Ibra, or Luca Toni, late into their 30's they still had it but it was absurd to think that any top club could count on them to be THE ONE.

And that's my argument all along: Werner wouldn't be a Lewa replacement, he can't be, if it is apples to apples, that will be Poulsen from the Leipzig squad. The reason why Werner would have made sense is precisely because Lewa is approaching those years that will need a tactical set up to supplement an old Lewa, either when he is on the field or when he is not on the field.

Let's start with the concept of our tactical set up of the last 10 years: a central striker and two wingers. What would make anyone think that an old Lewa with a pair of wingers is going to give what a younger Lewa with Robben and Ribery did not give us? I have reasons to believe that we need a coach and players that can give us different tactical options.

It seems that found the coach on Flick and he has indicated that he wants to try different concepts and not play the same system all the time. Then we need the players. In my opinion Werner is the type of player that could give you options. He will be that 2nd striker supplementing Lewa (the same way he does at Leipzig) and that player that can be part of the dynamic trio (like Liverpool) when Lewa is not on the field. The add that if we have an injury crisis Werner can be deployed as a winger as well, not his best position but good enough for BL form what I have seen.

Signing Werner for arounf $30M last summer would have been a steal on plain daylight.[/quote]Yes. Definitely. Even if his only role were to just sit in the bench and make sad faces all day, for 30mn he was a clear BUY. Anyway. The one thing that would make me look away from Werner at the moment would a cheap release clause on Haaland xD

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri May 29, 2020 8:50 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Fri May 29, 2020 9:39 am

Why would anybody go from RB Leipzig under Nagelsmann to Chelsea?

The only reason I can think of would be because RB Leipzig is so hated in Germany, otherwise
I see it as a step down.

Leipzig have a great coach
They are a team moving ahead in the world.
They are currently working on expanding and modernizing their stadium.
They regularly play CL.

What is he thinking? #-o

If I were Werner I would only swap Leipzig for Bayern/Dortmund, Liverpool, or Real/Barca.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:00 am

bbenno wrote:Why would anybody go from RB Leipzig under Nagelsmann to Chelsea?

The only reason I can think of would be because RB Leipzig is so hated in Germany, otherwise
I see it as a step down.

Leipzig have a great coach
They are a team moving ahead in the world.
They are currently working on expanding and modernizing their stadium.
They regularly play CL.

What is he thinking? #-o

If I were Werner I would only swap Leipzig for Bayern/Dortmund, Liverpool, or Real/Barca.
Not even Dortmund....

Liverpool
Bayern
Atletico
Barca
Juventus
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri May 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Atlético would also be a downgrade.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:06 pm

He will be the perfect player for them.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Sat May 30, 2020 5:41 am

ramsej84 wrote:Not even Dortmund....

Liverpool
Bayern
Atletico
Barca
Juventus

According to aaaaaa Werner should transfer to Paderborn
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News