You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby aaaaaa » Tue May 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Min wrote:''Probably not irritate our Pole dictator ... that is why we did not sign him...
Now he is going to Klopp 's army , what a shame.
I was watching though not with attention the game... his first goal came literally from nowhere''

Still some geniuses are going to say he is not good enough for Bayern.

he isnt
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Tue May 26, 2020 5:00 pm

aaaaaa wrote:
Min wrote:''Probably not irritate our Pole dictator ... that is why we did not sign him...
I was watching though not with attention the game... his first goal came literally from nowhere''

he isnt

Even if you think he's not currently good enough or that he can't "make the leap" or won't fit right....at 25-30m given his production in previous seasons it's hard to argue that it wouldn't have been worth taking a chance on. Worst case scenario we sign him in 2019, he's a total absolute utter failure here and we can probably still sell him to Liverpool this summer for that same 25-30m, lol
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue May 26, 2020 7:52 pm

aaaaaa wrote:he isnt

Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Still, fighting over Werner?

Get over it, he's not coming to Bayern no matter how good or bad things we're going to say about him. Be a man about it.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Jorge » Tue May 26, 2020 8:58 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Still, fighting over Werner?

Get over it, he's not coming to Bayern no matter how good or bad things we're going to say about him. Be a man about it.

It is the Timo Werner thread. Where do I suppose to post about Werner?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 26, 2020 9:04 pm

Jorge wrote:

In the Liverpool forum :P
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aaaaaa » Tue May 26, 2020 9:33 pm

Jorge wrote:

you, on Tinder
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aaaaaa » Tue May 26, 2020 9:35 pm

aterford wrote:
aaaaaa wrote:

he isnt

Even if you think he's not currently good enough or that he can't "make the leap" or won't fit right....at 25-30m given his production in previous seasons it's hard to argue that it wouldn't have been worth taking a chance on. Worst case scenario we sign him in 2019, he's a total absolute utter failure here and we can probably still sell him to Liverpool this summer for that same 25-30m, lol

For what, to have him sit on the bench...., sure if he would be prepared to take a "Cuisance" role
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 pm

aaaaaa wrote:
Jorge wrote:

you, on Tinder

At least I might be able to score. You do not even have to tell me how it is going for you on Tinder.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aterford » Wed May 27, 2020 12:36 am

aaaaaa wrote:
aterford wrote:Even if you think he's not currently good enough or that he can't "make the leap" or won't fit right....at 25-30m given his production in previous seasons it's hard to argue that it wouldn't have been worth taking a chance on. Worst case scenario we sign him in 2019, he's a total absolute utter failure here and we can probably still sell him to Liverpool this summer for that same 25-30m, lol

For what, to have him sit on the bench...., sure if he would be prepared to take a "Cuisance" role

I mean, sure.
We're paying 25m in wages + 8m transfer fee for Coutinho this year and he's done positively f*ck-all for us (No disrespect, I like the guy, but the signing's a total flop). We could have Werner for the same price give or take and you'd have a really hard time telling me he'd have less of an impact than Coutinho has had.
Given our injury issues I don't think he'd find himself on the bench for long, but in either case, considering how much he was practically begging for a move last year I think he'd be perfectly okay to not be a week-in week-out starter.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed May 27, 2020 3:24 am

aterford wrote:
aaaaaa wrote:

I mean, sure.
We're paying 25m in wages + 8m transfer fee for Coutinho this year and he's done positively f*ck-all for us (No disrespect, I like the guy, but the signing's a total flop). We could have Werner for the same price give or take and you'd have a really hard time telling me he'd have less of an impact than Coutinho has had.
Given our injury issues I don't think he'd find himself on the bench for long, but in either case, considering how much he was practically begging for a move last year I think he'd be perfectly okay to not be a week-in week-out starter.

You are wasting your time. You could have said the same thing about every single player that came to our club, take Davis for example, based on that logic where was he going to play if we had Alaba as LB? or Kimmich, or Goretzka, or Nübel.....Based on that Logic you can only buy players that can clearly and indisputably bench our starting XI and even if our starting XI are in their 30's you need to wait until they retire to renew.

And fighting that logic goes even further: there is the one tactical formation and anything that is not equal part replacement is baloney.

In the meantime if I have to choose between nonsense bias or performance on the field I have an easy choice to make. I am not a big fan of stats because I enjoy Football as I watch it but in the case of offensive players the numbers do not lie:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby icewizard » Wed May 27, 2020 4:34 am

To give my useless opinion, i don't think that Timo is a good fit for us. But i wouldn't have minded him coming especially if he's cheap, though i would be skeptical on his success with us (and in that case i would have loved to be proven wrong)..>

Too many ifs :mrgreen:

I guess we'll see how will that play out.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:58 am

icewizard wrote:To give my useless opinion, i don't think that Timo is a good fit for us. But i wouldn't have minded him coming especially if he's cheap, though i would be skeptical on his success with us (and in that case i would have loved to be proven wrong)..>

Too many ifs :mrgreen:

I guess we'll see how will that play out.

I feel kind of the same way. No doubt that he is a good player - his goals and assists numbers don't lie - but ultimately I don't think he would play enough for Bayern to make him happy, or if he did play, he would take the place of other, probably more deserving players. Just not a good fit, unless he was truly happy with an off-the-bench role.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 27, 2020 11:15 am

I feel the same way. I wasn’t too keen on him. He’s having a great season - better than previous years which is mainly why I didn’t want him before. Would be great to strengthen the bench with someone like him but let’s face it, he was never going to come to play as a deputy and Lewandowski is still better.

Anyway, I hope he somehow stays in the Bundesliga.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Min » Wed May 27, 2020 11:53 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I feel the same way. I wasn’t too keen on him. He’s having a great season - better than previous years which is mainly why I didn’t want him before. Would be great to strengthen the bench with someone like him but let’s face it, he was never going to come to play as a deputy and Lewandowski is still better.

Anyway, I hope he somehow stays in the Bundesliga.

If we planning to keep Lewandowski until 40 y.o, then yes, Timo is unnecessary. Otherwise he would be very helpful and versatile in offence.
But knowing Bayern management is very possible Lewandowski will be our the one world class option as a pure striker.
Min
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News