You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:38 pm

#12 wrote:We're **** with 4atb as is and you want to switch? It’s not balls, it’s suicide

3-5-2 morphs into 5-3-2
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:15 pm

#12 wrote:We're **** with 4atb as is and you want to switch? It’s not balls, it’s suicide

The irony of it: it's been suicide WITH WINGERS for quite some time, but it seems that the solution is continuity of our sacred system (the one where the purest ones only fit). Who knows if the non-existent press by our current wingers is a contributor to the many times we commit suicide.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:18 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm going to crawl too then. This squad is not ready for wing play as is, otherwise you wouldn't be crying for Sane to join us if we were strong on the wing. I've already said before that our personnel is better suited for a 3-5-2. It's just a question of balls by a coach to try something so different in the middle of a season. Gnabry can play centrally as the second striker and Coman sees the bench. Davies and Alaba can play as the LWB/LM.

Coman on the bench? who is going to be our dribbler then? Don't you enjoy a dribbler, the part that he does not know what to do with the ball once he breaks through 5 defenders is irrelevant, ask any coach (over coffee if you want)

Not only Gnabry can play as a 2nd striker - free floater: it is Muller's natural position, even Sane and Havertz paired with Lewa can be deadly in that role. But wait, wait, we need wingers #-o
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:I'm going to crawl too then. This squad is not ready for wing play as is, otherwise you wouldn't be crying for Sane to join us if we were strong on the wing. I've already said before that our personnel is better suited for a 3-5-2. It's just a question of balls by a coach to try something so different in the middle of a season. Gnabry can play centrally as the second striker and Coman sees the bench. Davies and Alaba can play as the LWB/LM.

Coman on the bench? who is going to be our dribbler then? Don't you enjoy a dribbler, the part that he does not know what to do with the ball once he breaks through 5 defenders is irrelevant, ask any coach (over coffee if you want)

Not only Gnabry can play as a 2nd striker - free floater: it is Muller's natural position, even Sane and Havertz paired with Lewa can be deadly in that role. But wait, wait, we need wingers #-o

Well, the cool thing about a 352 with Gnabry up top, is you sub out one midfielder for winger and amazingly it becomes a 343 with 2 wingers.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:10 pm

MUTU wrote:

3-5-2 morphs into 5-3-2

Which would mean we need at least 2-3 more CBs, right?
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Jorge wrote:

The irony of it: it's been suicide WITH WINGERS for quite some time, but it seems that the solution is continuity of our sacred system (the one where the purest ones only fit). Who knows if the non-existent press by our current wingers is a contributor to the many times we commit suicide.

I saw outstanding pressing against Dortmund...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:52 pm

#12 wrote:I saw outstanding pressing against Dortmund...

I saw no pressing like in 200 games in the last 5 years, but who cares? We had wingers!
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:58 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

3-5-2 morphs into 5-3-2

I'm comfortable with Javi as the central defender in a back 3. But then we'd need 2 DMs ;)

We can already play it even with our injuries and with keeping Boateng on the bench.

Neuer - Pavard, Javi, Alaba - Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso, Thiago, Davies - Gnabry, Lewandowski

With this we wouldn't even need Sane.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:21 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="#12"]We're **** with 4atb as is and you want to switch? It’s not balls, it’s suicide

3-5-2 morphs into 5-3-2

I'm comfortable with Javi as the central defender in a back 3. But then we'd need 2 DMs ;)

We can already play it even with our injuries and with keeping Boateng on the bench.

Neuer - Pavard, Javi, Alaba - Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso, Thiago, Davies - Gnabry, Lewandowski

With this we wouldn't even need Sane.[/quote]

And you think this would be successful?
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Jorge wrote:
#12 wrote:I saw outstanding pressing against Dortmund...

I saw no pressing like in 200 games in the last 5 years, but who cares? We had wingers!

Probably cause you were watching too mich Timo
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 pm

Back to watching too much Timo Werner: great first goal, starting play from the wing, well timed run to the space inside, great first touch and outstanding finish (watch highlights below).

What a season he is having: among the leaders in both goals and assists and a lot of fun to watch hustling every ball, breaking down the opponent on both wings and centrally with well timed runs and unmatched acceleration. With these performances he is getting close to being "good enough" for us, I mean he still has to convince some over Countinho (our 120M player). I'd say, if it wasn't because we have a sacred system that Timo will disrupt we should still consider him.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:20 pm

Jorge wrote:Back to watching too much Timo Werner: great first goal, starting play from the wing, well timed run to the space inside, great first touch and outstanding finish (watch highlights below).

What a season he is having: among the leaders in both goals and assists and a lot of fun to watch hustling every ball, breaking down the opponent on both wings and centrally with well timed runs and unmatched acceleration. With these performances he is getting close to being "good enough" for us, I mean he still has to convince some over Countinho (our 120M player). I'd say, if it wasn't because we have a sacred system that Timo will disrupt we should still consider him.

Again... He wouldn’t "disrupt" anything and surely he's better than Coutinho... The question remains: IF we got Sané, where would he play?
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 pm

#12 wrote:Again... He wouldn’t "disrupt" anything and surely he's better than Coutinho... The question remains: IF we got Sané, where would he play?

"IF............................"

"WHERE": On the field.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:35 pm

I know it’s an if...

But - here comes another - if we DO acknowledge they (i.e. the board) had this plan, it makes sense... Look, he’s having a great season so far, but again:

1.) He thrives under Nagelsmann

2.) It is way ahead of what he played in the second half of last season... WAY WAY... And while I think we desperately need more goalscorers I don’t see him as the player you build your squad around... And I doubt he’s the ballsy guy we need... Actually the five we need
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:27 am

His detractors said all along that he wasn't good for us. Wasn't he? Are we that good? I am just commenting on what I am seeing.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News