You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby Jorge » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:30 pm

aaaaaa wrote:
lyon
really you want to compare him to those 2, his finishing is terrible by default for those 2 isnt, he was the reason they lost to lyon.
9 in 17 in nothing special for a striker
he is not good enough for bayern and never will be

Is 9 goals in 17 games "nothing special" or "terrible"? I am having problems following you
I am not comparing Werner to those 2, I am comparing what you are saying to what can be said about those 2 based on specific performances using your metrics. Read my comment: I categorically said that those two are a reference when it comes to "not being terrible" but if you pick and choose (what you are doing basing judgement on one game) you can argue against them.
It makes no sense to react to one game and draw conclusions, otherwise we will comparing Gnabry to Di Stefano now.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:18 pm

I agree he’s not good enough for us and I think there’s more than that one game where it shows... For example basically every NT game...

That said, I don’t know all of the opponents, surely they weren’t all WC, but 9 in 17 is not a bad number at all...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aaaaaa » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Jorge wrote:
aaaaaa wrote:
lyon
really you want to compare him to those 2, his finishing is terrible by default for those 2 isnt, he was the reason they lost to lyon.
9 in 17 in nothing special for a striker
he is not good enough for bayern and never will be

Is 9 goals in 17 games "nothing special" or "terrible"? I am having problems following you
I am not comparing Werner to those 2, I am comparing what you are saying to what can be said about those 2 based on specific performances using your metrics. Read my comment: I categorically said that those two are a reference when it comes to "not being terrible" but if you pick and choose (what you are doing basing judgement on one game) you can argue against them.
It makes no sense to react to one game and draw conclusions, otherwise we will comparing Gnabry to Di Stefano now.

its not one game, bad finishing is the default for him ( that is why I used STILL); Ok he is not terrible (sorry), he is nothing special which means no Bayern, Ok now....
9 in 17 just means (or could mean) he is getting lots of chances, would really like to see his conversion rate from clear chances; if my eye test is correct its really bad
aaaaaa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:46 am

aaaaaa wrote: he was the reason they lost to lyon.

Finally I was able to find the time to watch the game. Now I understand what you are saying. You really have to watch the game to see it.

Apart from the 5 chances that he had, missing 2 after creating the chances by himself by a few inches, Timo should have been playing central defender to avoid those 2 blunders by Orban and Mukiele. Then you have like 6 or 7 more clear chances that other Leipzig players had and did not convert, what is he doing? He needs to help coaching the team. Agree, Werner is the reason why his team lost to Lyon.

Judge by yourself:

Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Just came off the bench in the last 20 min. for Germany vs Estonia (after limited practice due to a cold) and got the job done, well timed run on the back of the defenders, good speed, ball control and world class composure to first avoid the defender's sliding tackle, then picking a spot and shoot exactly where he wanted to put the ball in.

That's 9 goals in 15 games in all competitions (club and country) this season. Timo is definitely among the most in-form offensive players in the world right now. World class!
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Another goal by Werner, well timed run to the back of Poulsen on a long ball, won challenge against defender, good speed getting free and composure going around the goal keeper. World Class Finish!

(I believe he could be the reason why Leipzig did not lose this game; but I need to check with some here in the forum before making this statement).
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aaaaaa » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:35 pm

oh give it a rest, he is not good enough for bayern and never will be, he is podolski V2 at best
aaaaaa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:23 pm

aaaaaa wrote:oh give it a rest, he is not good enough for bayern and never will be, he is podolski V2 at best

Once upon a time Gotze was a sure thing, lets not pretend we know the future.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:42 pm

aaaaaa wrote:oh give it a rest, he is not good enough for bayern and never will be, he is podolski V2 at best

Maybe you need a second opinion: let's unpack it for you:

At 23, these were Podolski's numbers after signing a professional contract (excluding the 2004-05 season that he did not play in the top flight)

Podolski: 126 games with 39 goals
Werner: 227 games with 82 goals

I will not say more.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aaaaaa » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:32 am

Jorge wrote:

Maybe you need a second opinion: let's unpack it for you:

At 23, these were Podolski's numbers after signing a professional contract (excluding the 2004-05 season that he did not play in the top flight)

Podolski: 126 games with 39 goals
Werner: 227 games with 82 goals

I will not say more.

please dont
aaaaaa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Jorge » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:49 pm

aaaaaa wrote:
Jorge wrote:
I will not say more.

please dont

Time to say more, German Pokal: Wolfsburg 1/ Leipzig 6

What a game by Werner! Quick one touch passes, constant runs on the flanks beating the opponent by speed, well timed runs through the center, precised passes and composure on finishing. A lot of fun to watch! 2 goals, 2 assists, and much more:

Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:46 am

Just finished watching Leipzig 8/ Mainz 0. Hat trick plus 3 1/2 assists for Werner. After watching Bayern today I agree with his detractor: Werner does not fit in our team. :oops: aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:52 am

So seriously, how many posters of him do you have around your bedroom?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:11 pm

#12 wrote:So seriously, how many posters of him do you have around your bedroom?

None. My walls are covered with diagrams trying to figure out Bayern's tactics and system, the holy system.I am very close to the point to figure out what offensive player fits but at the moment not even Nils Peterson, maybe we need to bring Emile Heskey out of retirement.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:06 pm

Jorge wrote:
#12 wrote:So seriously, how many posters of him do you have around your bedroom?

None. My walls are covered with diagrams trying to figure out Bayern's tactics and system, the holy system.I am very close to the point to figure out what offensive player fits but at the moment not even Nils Peterson, maybe we need to bring Emile Heskey out of retirement.

Look, system aside: say we get Sané and Havertz - where would he play, ever?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News