You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timo Werner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Timo Werner

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:The critic is Brazzo but since this would cost over 20M, he has no 'jurisdiction'

Maybe I oughta change my mind about Werner? If Brazzo doesn’t like him he MUST be good...

Since when are you following this path? I remember you being somewhat excited about Bayern bidding for a player in January who Brazzo was "in love with".
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:The critic is Brazzo but since this would cost over 20M, he has no 'jurisdiction'

Maybe I oughta change my mind about Werner? If Brazzo doesn’t like him he MUST be good...

Since when are you following this path? I remember you being somewhat excited about Bayern bidding for a player in January who Brazzo was "in love with".

You caught the sarcasm in my post didn’t you??
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby zozon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:12 am

Externally, that's what I said here days ago, since the rumours kind of subsided and Leipzig bosses started to cry all about it.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:08 am

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

I thought 2020 was Havertz

booooo! Time to review the books
Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:15 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:

Considering Havertz has a contract until 2022, getting him on a free in 2020 would be a bit... problematic :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:24 am

MUTU wrote:
Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:

Considering Havertz has a contract until 2022, getting him on a free in 2020 would be a bit... problematic :lol:

Stockpiling future Bundesliga moves. This is a major reason we ended up in this current mess.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:45 am

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:43 am

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby fifa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Timo is good for back up . he might throw a game here and there but is highly inconsistent and cannot be trusted a lot . his form has graduallly somewhat faded last 2 -3 years . he doesn't even make it as permanent choice for the National team anymore . I wouldn;t spend more than 25 30 mln euros on him . may be 30 mln is a little high .
fifa

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Once again lets give Timo Werner's stats at RB Leipzig a quick run down.

*stats are for all competitions

16/17 season: 21 goals; 7 assists

17/18 season: 21 goals; 10 assists

18/19 season: 19 goals; 10 assists

Current total goal + assist record for RB Leipzig: 61 goals; 27 assists in 114 appearances

Player Profile

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby fifa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Once again lets give Timo Werner's stats at RB Leipzig a quick run down.

*stats are for all competitions

16/17 season: 21 goals; 7 assists

17/18 season: 21 goals; 10 assists

18/19 season: 19 goals; 10 assists

Current total goal + assist record for RB Leipzig: 61 goals; 27 assists in 114 appearances

Player Profile

statistics isn't bad at all but what worries me is that he tends to disappear in importang games . I said that in the post for Dmebele ! you can't win CL and big tournaments with such kind of players . look all last 10 years CL was won from teams with very good players who don't hide in big games ...like Ronaldo ,Mane , Salah , Ribery , Robben and so on ...we need this kind of player . good player with good leadership qualities ...buying just average player or good player who doesn't perfrom when matters won't help us much
fifa

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:37 am

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 am

fifa wrote:statistics isn't bad at all but what worries me is that he tends to disappear in importang games . I said that in the post for Dmebele ! you can't win CL and big tournaments with such kind of players . look all last 10 years CL was won from teams with very good players who don't hide in big games ...like Ronaldo ,Mane , Salah , Ribery , Robben and so on ...we need this kind of player . good player with good leadership qualities ...buying just average player or good player who doesn't perfrom when matters won't help us much

I am not sure about this, unless that you are referring exclusively to the 2017-18 QF lost to Marseille when Leipzig got trashed, but in that case the whole team gave up after Marseille hit back with 3 goals right after the early 2nd min goal from Leipzig.

If you look at the Group stage of the CL (from which Leipzig did not go through trailing Besiktas and Porto) Werner scored twice in probably their most important game: the penultimate game away at Monaco, that put Leipzig on track to move forward playing at home in the last date Besiktas which had already secured the 1st place, but they lost finishing the game with 9 players.

Other than that I would consider the rest of the 2017-18 Europa League games in the KO Phase the most important games that Werner has played and he delivered:
- In the round of 32 scored 2 away goals at Napoli contributing to the 1-3 first leg win
- In the round of 16 scored a late winner vs Zenit
- In the QF scored the winning goal vs Marseille in the first leg

This season Leipzig played again the Europa League again but they made the decision to concentrate in BL to qualify for the CL instead, both Poulsen and Werner were benched for most games in Europe.

Overall, Werner has played 14 games in Europe and scored 7 goals. I do not consider that a bad record at all and besides stats that can be misleading he delivered some winning goals along the way, some playing away.

For unknown reasons there is a tendency to bash Werner, maybe from being disliked or something. He is not Mbappe for sure but he isn't Emile Heskey either.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:09 am

Also, for every expensive player (what you could be referring to: "very good players") I can name 10 "very good players" that vanished in big games.
I do not know why a different standard is applied to Werner.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News