You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Mueller is an imp player not only on the pitch but also on the bench and in the dressing room
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Bayern and Thomas Müller reach agreement in principle over a new deal till 2023. The remaining detail is financial: if Bayern give Müller a pay rise (currently earns €15m) then the contract will be finalised, otherwise a compromise would be an additional year till 2024 [Bild]
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Definitely makes potentially signing Havertz have more question marks, however I am glad he is staying.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Alexander » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:35 pm

In my opinion he doesn`t deserve a payrise.
Alexander
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby PowerHouse » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:27 pm

Alexander wrote:In my opinion he doesn`t deserve a payrise.

with you. Extending is one thing, but a pay raise?? really?? Dam. unnecessary. how much more than 15 mil/year does he deserve at this point in his career?
PowerHouse
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:05 pm

Well, seeing as the guy we brought in to either replace or 'challenge' him (depending on who you ask) is making 10m more than Muller this season and has been worse in pretty much every way, I think it's not unreasonable to ask for a raise, tbh.

At bare minimum I can say if I were in Muller's shoes I'd absolutely ask for a raise. Imagine your boss told you they're hiring a new employee in your department to help raise your productivity. You're more experienced, more accomplished, and more effective at your work than the new guy, but they pay him 66% more than they're paying you. And when the new guy arrives you continue to produce better work than the new guy. When it comes time to hash out a new contract, wouldn't you be in your rights to expect your employer to be willing to give you a raise, provided they were willing to pay far more in wages for an inferior 'worker' already?
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:32 pm

aterford wrote:Well, seeing as the guy we brought in to either replace or 'challenge' him (depending on who you ask) is making 10m more than Muller this season and has been worse in pretty much every way, I think it's not unreasonable to ask for a raise, tbh.

At bare minimum I can say if I were in Muller's shoes I'd absolutely ask for a raise. Imagine your boss told you they're hiring a new employee in your department to help raise your productivity. You're more experienced, more accomplished, and more effective at your work than the new guy, but they pay him 66% more than they're paying you. And when the new guy arrives you continue to produce better work than the new guy. When it comes time to hash out a new contract, wouldn't you be in your rights to expect your employer to be willing to give you a raise, provided they were willing to pay far more in wages for an inferior 'worker' already?

Now there’s this guy here on the forum who said this from day one, what was his name again?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:49 pm

This season, Muller in the Bundesliga is at 1.27 npg+A per 90. Within the top 5 leagues, (of the players who have played at least 50% of available minutes for their team ), only Sancho (at 1.44), Mbappe (at 1.37), and Messi (at 1.33) exceed Muller's productivity. The only other players above 1.20 npg+A per 90 are Suarez (at 1.20) and Josip Iličić (at 1.21).** You might note that Muller is the only attacking midfielder among this bunch. A pay raise is hardly out of the question.

*This measure excludes Håland and Duván Zapata.
**Three players are above 1.10 but below 1.20: Gnabry(1.11), Lewandowski(1.10), and Werner(1.10). We have a really good attack.
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:Well, seeing as the guy we brought in to either replace or 'challenge' him (depending on who you ask) is making 10m more than Muller this season and has been worse in pretty much every way, I think it's not unreasonable to ask for a raise, tbh.

Now there’s this guy here on the forum who said this from day one, what was his name again?

Jörg Seidel (the creator of Goalimpact)? :P
Can't see tweet? Click here!

But more seriously the Coutinho transfer stunk at the time, and it does much more in retrospect. If we wanted an attacking midfielder, we could have just gotten Werner or Brandt for a 25 million euro fee and ended up with a much better player in either case.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Manchu wrote:This season, Muller in the Bundesliga is at 1.27 npg+A per 90. Within the top 5 leagues, (of the players who have played at least 50% of available minutes for their team ), only Sancho (at 1.44), Mbappe (at 1.37), and Messi (at 1.33) exceed Muller's productivity. The only other players above 1.20 npg+A per 90 are Suarez (at 1.20) and Josip Iličić (at 1.21).** You might note that Muller is the only attacking midfielder among this bunch. A pay raise is hardly out of the question.

*This measure excludes Håland and Duván Zapata.
**Three players are above 1.10 but below 1.20: Gnabry(1.11), Lewandowski(1.10), and Werner(1.10). We have a really good attack.
#12 wrote:

Jörg Seidel (the creator of Goalimpact)? :P
Can't see tweet? Click here!

But more seriously the Coutinho transfer stunk at the time, and it does much more in retrospect. If we wanted an attacking midfielder, we could have just gotten Werner or Brandt for a 25 million euro fee and ended up with a much better player in either case.
Yeah, and I was more talking about the impact on wage structure now...
While I thought he would fail hard - and ih boy did he - I gave him a chance...
But I knew his wages we're off the charts and unjustifiable from day one...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:03 am

FC Bayern and Thomas Müller are to continue their long partnership. After positive talks, the club and the player have agreed a two-year contract extension until 30 June 2023.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:15 pm

Great news!
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:26 pm

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:59 am

:)

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:18 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 pm

The fact that so many players supposedly have much faith in Flicks vision for the team makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. We haven’t had a coach that the players truly believed in, in a long time
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News