You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Wow! I get Muller is an ambitious person but he has been playing regularly here since he was a 20 yr old young man and sometimes he played when he wasn’t really deserving of it. I wouldn’t let him leave but I would re-evaluate his role at the club from here on. He’s no Messi at Barca who you pretty much have to sell your soul to keep happy and Bayern are very much in a transition mode.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mavs » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:51 pm

The club, the fans, the players... can't allow this to happen. If Kovac refuses to play Mueller, he must be made to play Mueller. Mueller is the personification of FC Bayern. He's indispensable in more ways than on. I understand if Coutinho gets to start more games from here onward, but a run like the last 5 where Mueller barely plays at all is inexcusable, especially considering that he has played very well even when he gets just a few minutes.
Mavs
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby icewizard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm

I don't think Mueller expects to be a starter, but he deserves more than bits and pieces. In the last 5 games if i'm not mistaken, he played 66', which means an average of around 13' per game.

He expects and he is right to expect more rotation.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OhioFan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:27 pm

I have been a silent supporter or Needle Dick Kovac until now. Raus mit Kovac.
Where charity and love are, God is there.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:He should not be allowed to leave and tbh I would strip him of his role in the leadership.

He’s been playing regularly for ages, even when he didn’t quite deserve it and we had possibly more effective players on the bench. Suddenly he’s found himself on the bench and wants to leave? What kind of leadership is that?

He is our only backup for at least 2 positions (I’m assuming Perisic is number one backup for the wings). He will get minutes.

Wasn’t there something a few days ago (can’t find it in this thread and I was abroad so didn’t see it properly) about us not signing a backup striker because of/for him? Even though it is obvious we need one and he’s not that great a as a lone striker? That’s a big sign of confidence in him yet he complains about us making other much needed transfers because it gives him competition. I’m sorry, I love Müller but I don’t want a leader like that. Just compare him to Lewandowski, who even though was trying to push a transfer to Real in the past seems to have personally lobbied with the board for top transfers in offensive positions because it strengthens the team even if it might threaten his minutes. IIRC he had even welcomed a backup striker (was it Wagner?) claiming the extra rest will do him well.

Your narrative seems "biased"... Another way to see it is he's so ambitious he doesn’t want to rot on the bench... Putting up better numbers than half a dozen players that were put in front of him - including the newest one - consistently, while being dubbed "finished" several times in the process - yet not starting a single one of four garbage games, one of which we lost with a performance unworthy of discussion, is quite unfair...
Yet he never really put on the heat, truly complained or got angry...
That’s exactly what I expect from a leader, what's he supposed to do? Say "I get my millions anyway" and just swallow it?
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:08 pm

When he was a young kid, I remember reading about how Mueller would only talk about football. While on the team bus, the other players used to discuss music, places they've been to, girls, etc. But all that Mueller would talk about was football.. Tactics, goals, results, etc. He was obsessed with football to the point he annoyed some teammates. He's probably added horses to his short list of topics since then.

It’s clear that football is more important to Thomas Mueller than your average player. Therefore, whenever he's not playing it's fair to assume he feels like he was hit by a ton of bricks.

This season is challenging for him. He's struggling to get onto the pitch, and when he does he's having a G+A/90 that's probably higher than any Bayern player in history has achieved across a whole season. That must not feel like a ton of bricks. Man, that feels to him like he was at the ground floor of the World Trade Centre on 9/11.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:28 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:He should not be allowed to leave and tbh I would strip him of his role in the leadership.

He’s been playing regularly for ages, even when he didn’t quite deserve it and we had possibly more effective players on the bench. Suddenly he’s found himself on the bench and wants to leave? What kind of leadership is that?

He is our only backup for at least 2 positions (I’m assuming Perisic is number one backup for the wings). He will get minutes.

Wasn’t there something a few days ago (can’t find it in this thread and I was abroad so didn’t see it properly) about us not signing a backup striker because of/for him? Even though it is obvious we need one and he’s not that great a as a lone striker? That’s a big sign of confidence in him yet he complains about us making other much needed transfers because it gives him competition. I’m sorry, I love Müller but I don’t want a leader like that. Just compare him to Lewandowski, who even though was trying to push a transfer to Real in the past seems to have personally lobbied with the board for top transfers in offensive positions because it strengthens the team even if it might threaten his minutes. IIRC he had even welcomed a backup striker (was it Wagner?) claiming the extra rest will do him well.

Your narrative seems "biased"... Another way to see it is he's so ambitious he doesn’t want to rot on the bench... Putting up better numbers than half a dozen players that were put in front of him - including the newest one - consistently, while being dubbed "finished" several times in the process - yet not starting a single one of four garbage games, one of which we lost with a performance unworthy of discussion, is quite unfair...
Yet he never really put on the heat, truly complained or got angry...
That’s exactly what I expect from a leader, what's he supposed to do? Say "I get my millions anyway" and just swallow it?

First of all let me say I agree he should be playing more, as he has clearly improved again this season.

However to start wanting to push out of the club the moment you spend a month not in the starting lineup (still featuring a little) after so many years just doesn’t go down well with me at all... assuming this is really what is happening of course. I expect him to acknowledge that the coach has the final decision and to strive harder to convince him and win his place - and then rightfully complain if he remains unimportant long term, not after such a short moment.

There is some degree of unfairness because of his good performances but I am also sure that as much as I dislike Kovac he is planning with Müller and we will see him feature.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:45 pm

That’s what he’s doing...?!

He says "IF the trend continues... I will have to think about my situation" - I think that’s more than reasonable... He doesn’t need to start, but it's not thar he doesn’t start, it's the old Kovac sickness: garbage time...

And they say he’s evolving...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:53 pm

On one hand one cannot put the coach at gun point to make him play, on the other Mueller is Mueller and he deserves more playing time.

One thing that annoys me is that it seems that only our players protest when they are not starting... for instance I have never read something about Shaqiri ... Rugani,

P.S And OT what happened to Rabiot is he inj or something?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:On one hand one cannot put the coach at gun point to make him play, on the other Mueller is Mueller and he deserves more playing time.

One thing that annoys me is that it seems that only our players protest when they are not starting... for instance I have never read something about Shaqiri ... Rugani,

P.S And OT what happened to Rabiot is he inj or something?

That’s because they have real coaches and not a wannabe wimp
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 pm

It's a tricky situation tbh.
In some ways Muller has declined. However in general - regardless of opponent - the team as a whole tends to turn in better performances when he plays. I am not one to say Muller should be starting or playing 90 minutes every match....but I do think it's not unreasonable to suggest he's better than 66 minutes in 5 matches.

Anyways, not sure what the answer is here. I will say this though: perhaps it's been translated poorly or lost in context, but if Kovac really said "If we need him, then he will get minutes" (or I've seen some others translate it as "if we're short on options, he'll play), I don't know, say what you will about Muller but that seems like an awfully disrespectful thing to say in regards to a guy who's indisputably a club legend... Imagine a manager saying something like "If we're lacking options then Pirlo will play", hahaha
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby GoatHCW » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28 pm

We all agree that our squad is pretty thin, right?

So how can we have a manager that is so terrible at rotating guys? There's no reason Muller and Javi should be rotting on the bench. Also no reason our younger guys Davies, Cuisance can't get any playing time.

Kovac is a terrible manager
GoatHCW
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 pm

The Coutinho situation is very tricky. We obviously want the best man to play and everyone get what they deserve but Coutinho's circumstances make it hard to do because he has one season to show Bayern he is worth triggering the option so Kovac has a lot of motivation to play Coutinho to not only get acclimated with the squad and tactics but to also be able to show he is the world class player his option price says he is.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby GoatHCW » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:40 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:The Coutinho situation is very tricky. We obviously want the best man to play and everyone get what they deserve but Coutinho's circumstances make it hard to do because he has one season to show Bayern he is worth triggering the option so Kovac has a lot of motivation to play Coutinho to not only get acclimated with the squad and tactics but to also be able to show he is the world class player his option price says he is.

Can we really afford to pay Coutinho anyway? Unless he plays out of his mind, I can't imagine Bayern paying that 120 million especially in an offseason where we will be going all in on Havertz who plays the same exact position.
GoatHCW
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:29 pm

GoatHCW wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:The Coutinho situation is very tricky. We obviously want the best man to play and everyone get what they deserve but Coutinho's circumstances make it hard to do because he has one season to show Bayern he is worth triggering the option so Kovac has a lot of motivation to play Coutinho to not only get acclimated with the squad and tactics but to also be able to show he is the world class player his option price says he is.

Can we really afford to pay Coutinho anyway? Unless he plays out of his mind, I can't imagine Bayern paying that 120 million especially in an offseason where we will be going all in on Havertz who plays the same exact position.

If Coutinho plays like an 120m player the board will probably trigger his option but with the Havertz situation it definitely makes it tricky especially with Sane most likely waiting on the wings which will be an 100m transfer if not close to that. So one way or another Bayern will be putting out 100m for players but what the combination of players will be is the mystery.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News