You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby nm462272 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:57 pm

aaaaaa wrote:
nm462272 wrote:2017-18
Müller 15 goals, 18 assists
James 8 goals, 14 assists

2018-19
Müller 9 goals, 14 assists
James 7 goals, 6 assists

why did you leave out number of games played, also Muller plays closer to goal and if he is not scoring or assisting he is useless

as i mentioned before, Müller has played more games and minutes, but that's more of a reflection of James being injured...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 02, 2019 8:28 pm

The first mistake that almost everyone makes when they use statistics is that they look at the total numbers instead of converting them to rate statistics. Normalising for time played is the only way to accurately compare statistics between different players. Don’t fall into the trap of using per game numbers instead, as these are also flawed. It should be obvious that it’s not fair to compare 10 games of a regular starter with 10 games of a sub, but many people seem oblivious to this fact. Make sure to always look at per 90 numbers whenever you are using football stats. [FTU]

So, these are the stats that actually matter. I do the math:

James last season 0,27 goals per 90 minutes; 0,48 assists per 90 minutes;
Müller last season 0,43 goals per 90 minutes; 0,51 assists per 90 minutes;

James this season 0,39 goals per 90 minutes; 0,33 assists per 90 minutes;
Müller this season 0,28 goals per 90 minutes; 0,43 assists per 90 minutes;

Facts not in Müller favour - he's played out of position pretty often in the last seasons /RW, which is not like he's used as a CM, but it's a disadvantage for him/.
Facts not in James' favour - he's played most of the time /not pretty sure about this but around 72 %/ in the central midfield, which of course is taking away from his goalscoring abilities.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby DRvad14 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Re Kovac.
I gave him all my support cause.
1. He had to fight against all sorts of waves
2. It is his first experience as a coach of a team of this magnitude
3. Most players are reaching retirement.

I gave him all my support cause.
1. He had to fight against all sorts of waves
2. It is his first experience as a coach of a team of this magnitude
3. Most players are reaching retirement.[/quote]

1. so u agree he isnt capable right now
2. do you like how we/bayern play ?
3.most players arent the ones who are going to leave , should have left couple of years ago or more tbh .
its extremly important year for us with regards to rebuilding ,( re)establishing ourself in Europe , we are supposed to spend record sum to rebuild kovac isnt the person i would want or trust on that ,alot matters tbh financially after being in top 4 last years and epl tv revenue disparity if bayern even Bundesliga need to be more attractive for better international tv rights bayern needs to play a huge role (play attractive /competitive) if we lose out now it will be extremely hard to catch up unless 50+ rule is abolished just my opion btw , iam all for kovac to (if)develops and come back at alter time this isnt the time or with us .
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:35 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:The first mistake that almost everyone makes when they use statistics is that they look at the total numbers instead of converting them to rate statistics. Normalising for time played is the only way to accurately compare statistics between different players. Don’t fall into the trap of using per game numbers instead, as these are also flawed. It should be obvious that it’s not fair to compare 10 games of a regular starter with 10 games of a sub, but many people seem oblivious to this fact. Make sure to always look at per 90 numbers whenever you are using football stats. [FTU]

So, these are the stats that actually matter. I do the math:

James last season 0,27 goals per 90 minutes; 0,48 assists per 90 minutes;
Müller last season 0,43 goals per 90 minutes; 0,51 assists per 90 minutes;

James this season 0,39 goals per 90 minutes; 0,33 assists per 90 minutes;
Müller this season 0,28 goals per 90 minutes; 0,43 assists per 90 minutes;

Facts not in Müller favour - he's played out of position pretty often in the last seasons /RW, which is not like he's used as a CM, but it's a disadvantage for him/.
Facts not in James' favour - he's played most of the time /not pretty sure about this but around 72 %/ in the central midfield, which of course is taking away from his goalscoring abilities.

ideally we keep both with different coach
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Thu May 02, 2019 10:12 pm

TBH I was still of the opinion that some of our best play last season came when James and Muller were on the pitch at the same time. But for whatever reason Kovac seems to view them as incompatible (though really he simply does not seem terribly fond of James much to begin with). It's also a bit interesting when you consider that on average - though James often has better individual numbers, the team as a whole tends to both score more and produce a better goal differential when Muller plays vs James. Of course correlation does not necessarily indicate causation, but I think such strong correlation should be acknowledged. While I'm not sure we can definitively say "We score more goals with Muller than we do with James because of Muller's contributions," we can accurately state the facts as they are: "It's true that we score more goals with Muller on the pitch than with James". Again, that's incomplete, but it's more than we can say in the opposite direction at the moment.

Anyways, I suspect the discussion is largely moot.
Muller, as I previously said, is not going to be forced out. Unless he demands a transfer, he's not getting sold this summer, so for better or for worse we should all come to terms with that fact.
We should also note that the translation being offered by twitter is perhaps being made out to be a bit more dramatic than it really is. To me it seems largely speculative, like "Muller probably isn't happy about having to play out wide and getting subbed off" rather than "Muller told me/a source told me/etc that Muller isn't happy about ____"

On top of this, of course James is hurt right now, and if we're being honest with ourselves - the club is likely not in any hurry to get him back on the pitch. He's hardly played the past month, and if he's not going to be purchased they're probably even less likely to hurry him to fitness.
I do think it's looking more and more likely like he'll be back in Madrid this summer, so...I suspect one way or another the James vs Muller conversation is not going to be relevant much longer.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 03, 2019 3:03 am

well said
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:41 am

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fuss ... .bild.html

:roll: :lol:

I swear to God, Low is becoming our coach after Kovac.
So long Buddhas - welcome sweaty pants.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:25 am

Thomas Müller wants to leave Bayern in January. The topic is already hot during this int'l break. Müller, who sat on the bench for the 5th time in a row on Saturday, feels a lack of appreciation at Bayern that made him consider leaving for the first time. Müller's contract runs until 2021 and it was never a doubt that he would fullfil it. However Kovač's statement on Saturday: "If need be, he'll get minutes" made Müller realise he's just an emergency plan for Kovač, which he's not willing to accept. [@cfbayern, SportBild]
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Kovač did it well with Müller, something that even Ancelotti and Heynckes couldn't do it.

However, I don't think Müller really wants to leave in January, but rather provoke the board and Kovač to use him more. These are mind games to me at the moment, but I guess this time the board won't repeat mistakes from the last season with the coach.

I still love Thomas and I appreciate everything what he did for his FC Bayern, but he hasn't been shining after Euro 16' and unfortunately for him, after Ribery and Robben declined.
His game and influence on the pitch were extraordinary back then between 2009 and 2016, but surrounded with new guys and faces his game and influence have suffered big time and where he is standing right now in both Bayern and Germany NT is nothing odd at all.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Catastrophic if true.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:05 pm

I am not with Kovac on this one!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I am not with Kovac on this one!

Finally you see the light!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:45 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:09 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I am not with Kovac on this one!

Finally you see the light!
On this one.

Mueller is our image....

Hopefully all bild or whoever is spreading this news is all but fake as usual
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:55 pm

He should not be allowed to leave and tbh I would strip him of his role in the leadership.

He’s been playing regularly for ages, even when he didn’t quite deserve it and we had possibly more effective players on the bench. Suddenly he’s found himself on the bench and wants to leave? What kind of leadership is that?

He is our only backup for at least 2 positions (I’m assuming Perisic is number one backup for the wings). He will get minutes.

Wasn’t there something a few days ago (can’t find it in this thread and I was abroad so didn’t see it properly) about us not signing a backup striker because of/for him? Even though it is obvious we need one and he’s not that great a as a lone striker? That’s a big sign of confidence in him yet he complains about us making other much needed transfers because it gives him competition. I’m sorry, I love Müller but I don’t want a leader like that. Just compare him to Lewandowski, who even though was trying to push a transfer to Real in the past seems to have personally lobbied with the board for top transfers in offensive positions because it strengthens the team even if it might threaten his minutes. IIRC he had even welcomed a backup striker (was it Wagner?) claiming the extra rest will do him well.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News