You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby albanian7 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:53 pm

zozon wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:English must not be your first language.

Peaked is playing at your highest level to your best ability. If anyone says Lahm hasn't peaked and is still in his peak is just a blind homer fan.

ROnaldo definitely has peaked and is declining as is many guys. Look at dani alves, he's been declining since for years when at his peak was the best rb in the world.

Fullback is a position where you decline early in most cases.

Logic must not be your charactestic.

Lahm has peaked and stayed there for good 5+ years. If you can't understand that - your problem.
I mean - what is your definition of peaking FFS? And especially for a fullback! What do you even want peaked fullbacks to do???

Lahm has been switching positions for 2 seasons now and that hardly makes him a FAST-RATE DECLINER as you say it. We got used to seeing him as a RB and then he went into midfield. Last season he "forgot" how to play RB in this system because of his midfield adventure. I always said that Lahm in midfield is shit and not a 20% of the player he is in RB, but injuries forced Pep to use him there and after that he just stuck him there. And when the big matches came in April - Lahm sucked at RB. This season he's almost as good RB as ever. This Lahm at RB is still a WC player. He might not have the speed like Alaba, but he compensates that with many other attributes.

Even Alaba is not at his "peak" (by your standards) when he plays CB.

Let's take it slow

Summer 2013. Best RB in the world. I think we can all agree on this.

Now, Autumn 2013-March 2014. Lahm played mostly at DM because of injuries. He played fairly well - nothing soectacular but solid and consistent and foolproof.

Now we go to March 2014. Against Arsenal, he played 135 minutes at RB (incl. 2 assists) and 45 min at DM. In both cases, he was really, really, REALLY good, both at Rb and DM. Against United, again, one match at RB, one at DM. Both good performances. Against Real, 1st leg he was OK but not brilliant (DM). 2nd leg, he was RB, arguably our best player on pitch (together with Robben). His absence in the middle was felt, because we got destroyed and ran over in midfield and someone who could actually defend would have helped. Pokal final, he played some minutes as a DM, then got injured. Finally, he played poorly at DM in the WC, then superbly well as a RB in three remaining matches.

So in 2013/2014 there was nothing to suggest he had any problem switching from RB to DM without losing a beat.

Fast forward to autumn 2014, he played mostly as a CM (not DM!!!). I didn't like him in that role. Then he got injured. The match where he got back (Dortmund) he was great against Porto as a RW too. He was piss poor in both Barca matches, where he played as a CM/RM thingie. We were playing poorly in the league so I won't judge him on these matches. What remains is that he didn't play at RB, so your comment that he was a poor RB in April/May are false.

Fast forward to autumn 2015. He's back to RB, but he's a worse RB that the one we saw in WC 2014. He's much slower, he moves a bit too centrally and gets beaten more easily. Draxler turned him upside down and the cross for Giroud's goal was his fault (then Javi & Benatia decided not to mark Giroud, but whatever). That's without mentioning the Frankfurt match. His attacking contributions have fallen too: he was good (attacking-wise) against Wolfsburg, Arsenal (2nd leg) and Köln, but that's about it.

In my opinion, he has declined and he's not the player he used to be. Which doesn't mean he should be benched or that we have to replace him this January. Nope, I respect the guy and all he's done and in the other thread I said I want him on pitch. But let's not talk like he's the 2013 Lahm
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:00 pm

albanian7 wrote:
zozon wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:English must not be your first language.

Peaked is playing at your highest level to your best ability. If anyone says Lahm hasn't peaked and is still in his peak is just a blind homer fan.

ROnaldo definitely has peaked and is declining as is many guys. Look at dani alves, he's been declining since for years when at his peak was the best rb in the world.

Fullback is a position where you decline early in most cases.

Logic must not be your charactestic.

Lahm has peaked and stayed there for good 5+ years. If you can't understand that - your problem.
I mean - what is your definition of peaking FFS? And especially for a fullback! What do you even want peaked fullbacks to do???

Lahm has been switching positions for 2 seasons now and that hardly makes him a FAST-RATE DECLINER as you say it. We got used to seeing him as a RB and then he went into midfield. Last season he "forgot" how to play RB in this system because of his midfield adventure. I always said that Lahm in midfield is shit and not a 20% of the player he is in RB, but injuries forced Pep to use him there and after that he just stuck him there. And when the big matches came in April - Lahm sucked at RB. This season he's almost as good RB as ever. This Lahm at RB is still a WC player. He might not have the speed like Alaba, but he compensates that with many other attributes.

Even Alaba is not at his "peak" (by your standards) when he plays CB.

Let's take it slow

Summer 2013. Best RB in the world. I think we can all agree on this.

Now, Autumn 2013-March 2014. Lahm played mostly at DM because of injuries. He played fairly well - nothing soectacular but solid and consistent and foolproof.

Now we go to March 2014. Against Arsenal, he played 135 minutes at RB (incl. 2 assists) and 45 min at DM. In both cases, he was really, really, REALLY good, both at Rb and DM. Against United, again, one match at RB, one at DM. Both good performances. Against Real, 1st leg he was OK but not brilliant (DM). 2nd leg, he was RB, arguably our best player on pitch (together with Robben). His absence in the middle was felt, because we got destroyed and ran over in midfield and someone who could actually defend would have helped. Pokal final, he played some minutes as a DM, then got injured. Finally, he played poorly at DM in the WC, then superbly well as a RB in three remaining matches.

So in 2013/2014 there was nothing to suggest he had any problem switching from RB to DM without losing a beat.

Fast forward to autumn 2014, he played mostly as a CM (not DM!!!). I didn't like him in that role. Then he got injured. The match where he got back (Dortmund) he was great against Porto as a RW too. He was piss poor in both Barca matches, where he played as a CM/RM thingie. We were playing poorly in the league so I won't judge him on these matches. What remains is that he didn't play at RB, so your comment that he was a poor RB in April/May are false.

Fast forward to autumn 2015. He's back to RB, but he's a worse RB that the one we saw in WC 2014. He's much slower, he moves a bit too centrally and gets beaten more easily. Draxler turned him upside down and the cross for Giroud's goal was his fault (then Javi & Benatia decided not to mark Giroud, but whatever). That's without mentioning the Frankfurt match. His attacking contributions have fallen too: he was good (attacking-wise) against Wolfsburg, Arsenal (2nd leg) and Köln, but that's about it.

In my opinion, he has declined and he's not the player he used to be. Which doesn't mean he should be benched or that we have to replace him this January. Nope, I respect the guy and all he's done and in the other thread I said I want him on pitch. But let's not talk like he's the 2013 Lahm

You just basically said he declined...

You also just said he's not the same as he use to be..

Which is exactly what I said. He shouldn't be bench because of past achievements? Like Puyol, Giggs, scholes, totti, gerrard, lampard, terry, etc. They all got benched towards the end of their career.

Barca's been trying for years to upgrade alves as well.

IF pep goes to a back 3, lahm has no starting spot in the midfield.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:09 pm

A player of his caliber, I wouldn't ever dare to write off even at his 32nd... because people tend to judge players by age. He makes a mistake and you automatically think that it's about his age and he's past his prime, he wasn't flawless at his peak either, none is... I still believe that he can kick it for a few more years or want to believe so... :P
JANCKER

Postby albanian7 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:37 pm

Yeah sure, bench Lahm to play Vidal, who's been even worse and has been here for three months or something. A back 3 without wingbacks would be suicide, mind you. Whatever we're doing right now is working, and we are playing four at the back (bar some Darmstadt matches we'd win anyway, I am talking about the toughest 5 matches we had). Why fix what isn't broken?

And you're wrong in saying a 32 y.o. Lahm is worse than a 35 y.o. Gerrard. Not even bothering with the rest of your examples.

If the team can we tweaked enough to cover for Alonso, it can be tweaked enough to cover for Lahm's new found 0 pace. I don't get what some of you are trying to create here
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:41 am

Way off topic :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:10 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Excellent! :cheers:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:55 pm

So glad to hear that! Merry christmas Thiago! :D
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:59 pm

I really miss Effenberg. Everyone so nice nowadays.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Larhm » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:51 pm

THIAGOOOO ALCANTARAAAA <3
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby lauen » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:29 am

I read in swedish rubbish news that thiago is going with Pep to city for only 40 mill euro....

Rly dont hope he goes to that shity club

And **** Pep if he take thiago then the respect for him is all gone
lauen
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Argeta » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:30 am

lauen wrote:I read in swedish rubbish news that thiago is going with Pep to city for only 40 mill euro....

Rly dont hope he goes to that shity club

And **** Pep if he take thiago then the respect for him is all gone

"That is complete rubbish, without background or basis," said Thiago. "It does not make any sence. Why should I follow Pep? I extended my contract here with Bayern because I am happy. I am very thankful of the club and how they supported me regarding my injuries. That is why I put my contract extension into motion so early."
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lauen » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:36 am

Lets hope that those comments are truthfully :)

We Lose so much without thiago...
lauen
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby theundead » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:15 am

lauen wrote:I read in swedish rubbish news that thiago is going with Pep to city for only 40 mill euro....

So a guy who just extended his contract like a week ago untill 2021 wants to leave, for 40M.

BUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.
This is worse than my country's journalism.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby zozon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Thiago didnt extended a week ago...

Vertrag bis: 30.06.2019
Letzte Vertragsverlängerung: 27.08.2015
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News