You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby walter » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:47 pm

€ 25m transfer package including one friendly

In which we will let them win 3-0 so they can recover a little bit of their pride...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Willkommen! :D
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Some questions!

1. How much would we have had to pay if we went for the release clause + taxes?

2. Why shouldn't we now pay any tax? What's different?

3. How did we evade the taxes in Javi's case then? I don't understand

Anyone with some answers?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:21 pm

dambun wrote:Some questions!

1. How much would we have had to pay if we went for the release clause + taxes?

Anyone with some answers?

1. Almost 22M
2. The two boards reached an agreement and no release clause was used
3. I don't know
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby raz25 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 pm

dambun wrote:Some questions!

I think it mainly has to do with the fact that we have a good relationship with Barca. Just throwing in the money and then going into court with them to evade taxes wouldn't have been very gentleman like I guess. But then again, it's not very gentleman like from Barca to agree this deal if his release clause was 18 Mil. **** it, I have no idea.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:15 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:
FlowersOfManchester wrote:Thia -Go and f**k yourself. LUHG.

Awww look a typical Man Shited fan, he just wanted a better club mate =D> :lol: but its okay you've got Michael.....Carrick :lol: :lol:

Calm down, it's FlowersOfManchester.
Show him a BIT of respect at least.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Telecaster » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:36 pm

dambun wrote:2. Why shouldn't we now pay any tax? What's different?

The way that release clauses works is that it wouldn't be Bayern paying the 18 mio to Barcelona. Instead, Bayern would have to give the 18 mio to Thiago so that he could "buy" his release. That's generally how buyout clauses work - instead of one club purchasing the player directly from another club, the buyout clause allows the contract to be dissolved for the stated fee - and it generally has to be done by the player. So in this case, if Bayern were to take advantage of the buyout clause, they would have to give the 18 mio to Thiago directly so that he could pay the fee himself. This 18 mio would then be considered income by Spanish tax authorities and so it would be subject to tax. I'm not Spanish, so I'm not exactly sure what the tax rate and therefore total amount in tax would be, but, when added to the 18 mio, it could very possibly push the total cost of the transfer to over 30 mio. So, from Bayern's perspective (or the perspective of any club wanting to buy a player with a release clause), it makes more sense to negotiate a transfer amount between 18 mio and whatever the amount would be if it included tax (let's say, for example, 30 mio), as a transfer bid would not be subject to income tax, as the amount would be paid directly by Bayern to Barcelona.

As you can see, it's mutually beneficial for both clubs to negotiate in a situation like this. Not only does it preserve the relationship between clubs, but it also ensures that both clubs come out ahead financially.
Telecaster
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Can Thiago get the 18 Mio from Bayern and then decide to stay at Barca ? :lol:
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Naah, those release clauses are usually paid via loans from the buying club that are declared null once the player signs. Or at least that seems like the smart thing to do.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:49 pm

One is sure; 4-year-deal with this guy without any clause. No buy-back or release clause, we don't negotiate with these players about that and we have been convienced in Götze case.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm

If we (or the player) had decided to pay his release clause he would have probably come for a cheaper price. 18*1,21= 22M

But I guess that our board wanted to keep a good realtionship with Barça's board, so they came to this agreement (20M + 5 additional) and we don't have to make the full payment now. It wil be made by installments
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:24 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:If we (or the player) had decided to pay his release clause he would have probably come for a cheaper price. 18*1,21= 22M

But I guess that our board wanted to keep a good realtionship with Barça's board, so they came to this agreement (20M + 5 additional) and we don't have to make the full payment now. It wil be made by installments

Hahaha, good relationships between clubs or among them... I recall better football days when it was a real war and Vicente couldn't leave Valencia and move to Real Madrid or to see United-Arsenal, Chelsea-Liverpool player's transfer, etc. :roll:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Payam » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm

FCB general wrote:Hahaha, good relationships between clubs or among them... I recall better football days when it was a real war and Vicente couldn't leave Valencia and move to Real Madrid or to see United-Arsenal, Chelsea-Liverpool player's transfer, etc. :roll:

Pray tell us, how exactly was that.. "better"?
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby FCB general » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Payam wrote:Pray tell us, how exactly was that.. "better"?

Well, what do you have today? Monopoly in Champions League or what? Every single year always the same national champions, clubs in CL groups.

Primera is the worst of top 4 leagues. Competiton is destroyed in last 5-6 years, only EPL offers something to football fans. Bundesliga still need to become stable league where you have 2-3 clubs who're fighting for titles.

Italy is also broke due to financial crisis. But CL, elite 10-12 will be formed within next 3-4 years and the rest of European clubs will be worthless.

Players sign for their fierce rivals, doesn't respect anything today, no more 40-50 great players and bunch of WC players at the same time...

You better tell me what's better in this today's football.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Well, what do you have today? Monopoly in Champions League or what? Every single year always the same national champions, clubs in CL groups.

Primera is the worst of top 4 leagues. Competiton is destroyed in last 5-6 years, only EPL offers something to football fans. Bundesliga still need to become stable league where you have 2-3 clubs who're fighting for titles.

So, what do you want? The same teams winning over and over again, or a bit of variety?

You're last sentence here seems to think you want just a small amount of teams playing for championships. But you seem to be making the point that you want lots of teams fighting for the championship.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News