You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcántara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby hhhh4 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:50 pm

This is a done deal pep must have spoken to him before going public i have a feeling he just needs to agree terms with bayern now.
hhhh4
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Korea North

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 pm

It's stated in BBC and Sky Sports websites that this move is pretty much going to happen.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:06 pm

I have to disagree that we will be overcrowded, IF we go for a false 9.

Think about it:

That's two players for every position. The only ones left out are Can and Weihrauch (who can help Bayern II and whose future at Bayern does not look promising), Badstuber (who is injured anyway) and Pizarro. A false nine would justify this completely.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Anything at the expense of benching Mandzukic, I'm against :|
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 pm

I think Gustavo was /is way too under rated .In my opinion he is world class. For one i like his long sliding tackles. At Hoffenheim he used to be an attacking midfielder with some success.
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Well...well....if its possible to screw Barca and Man U fans in one transfer i say FU€K YEA!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Why would Thiago come to Bayern to be a sub just like in Barcelona? It makes no sense.
I don't know, he's a great player and I know he's one for the future, but it feels like unnecesary luxury.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:51 pm

I don't know how the pieces will come together, but you can't pass on the chance to get another class midfielder - especially at a bargain price ... Pep can figure it out later. ... I think we've all learned from the past, even last year, the value of world-class players on the bench. When Badstuber got hurt, the Dante signing became the most valuable of the offseason (in my opinion; imagine if Bayern didn't get him?!). When Kroos got hurt, there was Robben (freakin' Arjen Robben) to the rescue. Thiago will add another option, and this can't hurt, unless it were to disrupt the team in some way and upset any players who might lose time. I think Pep will rotate enough to keep everyone happy, and guys like Van Buyten and Pizarro are just happy to be along for the ride - I don't think they care how much they play.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:03 pm

In my opinion the only thing slowing this deal is KHR and co. I think they want Pep to give them a clear plan on how he plans on fitting all the pieces together. Especially since they plan on resigning players such as Kroos, Gustavo, and Boateng with 2 years left on their contract and there futures could be affected....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dambun » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:14 pm

If Thiago comes, then this could probably be our basic lineup:

which is not bad idea: It's likely that both Rib&Rob won't be fit over the long season, and even if they are, we can always rotate the attacking midfielders because we'll have a lot of matches to play...

Also, if we want to take a more defensive approach, we can always move Javi forward and replace an attackin midfielder with another CB... which would mean we are back to our former (4-2-3-1) scheme...

PEH and Can MUST be loaned out in any case IMO... Even if we don't bring in Thiago...
Last edited by dambun on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:16 pm

We have to consider the fact that in a couple of years, we will probably be without Robben and Ribery might be a bench player for us.... It's not necessarily a bad idea to bring in a star talent like Thiago now that he is available in a bargain...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Personally i prefer:
Neuer

Lahm--Boateng--Dante--Alaba

Martinez

Muller--Schweinsteiger--Thiago--Ribery

Gotze

With Kroos rotating with Thiago or Schweinstiger....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:31 pm

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14963 ... et?cc=5901

Pep: Thiago is Bayern's primary target

July 11, 2013

By Stephan Uersfeld, Germany Correspondent

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has confirmed that he is hoping to sign Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona, with the European champions set to hijack Manchester United’s bid for the midfielder.

Thiago, 22, has been tipped to leave Barca this summer and United had appeared to be leading the race for his signature.

But the Spain Under-21 star , who was a key figure in his country’s triumph at June’s European Championship, could instead be set for a reunion with Guardiola.

The new Bayern coach gave Thiago his senior debut at Camp Nou in 2009 and believes his former charge could further enhance Bayern’s already-impressive midfield, which includes the likes of Bastian Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez and Franck Ribery.

“I want Thiago Alcantara,” Guardiola told a press conference on Thursday. “I have told [chief executive] Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and [sporting director] Matthias Sammer that I want that player. I don’t know what will happen next. We will have to wait and see.

“It is either Thiago or no-one. I know him very, very well. He is a super, super player. He can play three, four, five positions.”

Guardiola said he felt Neymar’s arrival at Barcelona will not help Thiago’s chances of featuring regularly for the Spanish champions, adding: “No player wants to leave Barcelona. That only happens when a player feels he will not play too much in the upcoming season.

“With Neymar, a big player has joined Barcelona. Thiago wants to play and at Barcelona his chances would be worse.”

Should Thiago arrive, Martinez could be moved back to the centre-back position, a move Guardiola has made before when playing Javier Mascherano in defence for Barca.

“I know he can also play at centre-back,” Guaardiola said. “Bastian can play in defence or in offence. I am delighted to have such a great team. Shaqiri can also play on the left or in the middle or as left back. Mandzukic can also play in defence. He is tall, strong and is good in the air. I have a lot of options.”

"Mandzukic can also play in defence" (?) WTF #-o
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:33 pm

To bring a CDM to a CB is standard for Pep, but to bring a ST to CB is just :shock:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby walter » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Well...well....if its possible to screw Barca and Man U fans in one transfer i say FU€K YEA!!!!!!!!!

finally someone gives me a good reason to support this transfer :lol: :lol: :lol:
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News