You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Pjanic is nowhere near Thiago. Good, but highly overrated player.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:15 pm

This board never fails to amaze me... I mean... Whenever you think they've reached the ABSOLUTE rock bottom of making this team even worse, they come up with another new low...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:25 pm

#12 wrote:This board never fails to amaze me... I mean... Whenever you think they've reached the ABSOLUTE rock bottom of making this team even worse, they come up with another new low...

Love how you turn to the next best garbage source that claims ANOTHER TEAM are EYEING one of our players to trash the management.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:29 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:This board never fails to amaze me... I mean... Whenever you think they've reached the ABSOLUTE rock bottom of making this team even worse, they come up with another new low...

Love how you turn to the next best garbage source that claims ANOTHER TEAM are EYEING one of our players to trash the management.

Not about this in particular... But you might’ve noticed there have been more rumors about Thiago lately...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:42 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Not about this in particular... But you might’ve noticed there have been more rumors about Thiago lately...

Yeah right, that's probably the reason why you post this now... :roll:
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Rauntšik » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:44 am

I’m rather confident that these rumours are linked with his pending contract renewal - just to jack up the wages (which he deserves)
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:52 am

I find most of these rumors credible, regardless of the source. Actually, when it comes to transfer rumors I can't think of a credible source and I actually think that all rumors have a reason to exist.

Thiago:

1) has 1 1/2 year left in his contract,
2) has asked for wages that some think are too high even for Bayern,
3) has a decent market value which could be an incentive for Bayern to cash in if they find another alternative with more projection into the future (younger)
4) In the case of Juventus it makes even more sense, because the rumors about Pogba are loud and clear, so bringing Thiago's name into the mix reduces the leverage in Pogba's camp.
5) Thiago is playing the best football of his career this season, what team wouldn't want him now? Even Thiago's rep benefits from the rumor.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby rthebest » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:54 am

exactly! They are repeating the same thing they did with Kross.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:39 am

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:[quote="#12"]This board never fails to amaze me... I mean... Whenever you think they've reached the ABSOLUTE rock bottom of making this team even worse, they come up with another new low...

Yeah right, that's probably the reason why you post this now... :roll:[/quote]

Yeah...

I‘m starting to believe they seriously consider letting him go... You can probably imagine that a lot in this business is hearsay, rumors behind the scenes, insider info and whatnot...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:50 am

sherpthederp wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:I can not believe that after having faith in him, after standing behind him for practically years, when he was actually an extremely inefficient flashy player, we would consider selling him NOW, when he's actually as good as he is...

Whether we like him or not, he's just absolute class...replacement??? Nobody, or nobody even close to being as good as him (especially if past is any indication!), you can be sure. I can't believe this is even a topic, just extend him already.
He was NEVER EVER EVER EVER an inneficient flashy player. He has been key to our game since the season he arrived. Almost always the best midfielder on our books.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

The flashy inefficient complaint has always been a holdover from wanting to erase Pep from our history books lol. Pep brought him in so we have to get rid of him to remove all traces of his touch on the team lol

My past opinion of him being inefficient had nothing to do with Pep ever :)
Let me rephrase and avoid the pointless argument...he's MUCH better now than he was before, when selling him would have been considered absolutely impossible. Selling him now is well beyond what I'd call retarded...

Getting top class players here costs A LOT, probably more than keeping those we already have here...
I can not imagine that we will not extend him, no way.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Jorge » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:05 am

At the same time, I am wondering myself if both parties are waiting to see how how the Champions League unfolds for Bayern. If we do at least make the final, there will be little incentive for Thiago to stay or for Bayern to keep him.

Hard to imagine that Thiago almost 29 years old will be content with winning BL title after title and falling short in Europe, while Bayern will have to look at what else Thiago could offer in the next 2-3 years since he is probably playing his best football, can we offer him a top earner status thinking that he still can deliver in the 8th or 9th try, or is it better to cash him and invest in the future, although it is hard to find a young Thiago-like player out there.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby bastos80 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:30 pm

According to Kicker, contract talks with Thiago are imminent.
Flick and especially KHR are a fan of the Thiago - Kimmich duo.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Jorge wrote:At the same time, I am wondering myself if both parties are waiting to see how how the Champions League unfolds for Bayern. If we do at least make the final, there will be little incentive for Thiago to stay or for Bayern to keep him.

Hard to imagine that Thiago almost 29 years old will be content with winning BL title after title and falling short in Europe, while Bayern will have to look at what else Thiago could offer in the next 2-3 years since he is probably playing his best football, can we offer him a top earner status thinking that he still can deliver in the 8th or 9th try, or is it better to cash him and invest in the future, although it is hard to find a young Thiago-like player out there.

Final?

I don’t get the logic... So if we're successful he leaves but if we’re not he stays?

Let alone that a final with this squad is like winning the lottery...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:16 am

ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/Complaxes/status/1246895028078813184?s=19
What the fuck is wrong with our board?! How come they produce positive news all of a sudden - CONSISTENTLY???
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News