You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Aequitas1987 wrote:Its plain stupidity. I believe they are blinded by this german vision and envisioning a midfield consisting of kimmich goretzka havertz and some rode-esque german backups.

Talking about that for years.

Beat ya...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Faust » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 am

Even contemplating selling Thiago is insanity.

I also don't get the "he disappears on important matches" angle. Lewandowski (arguably)does that too and nobody bats an eye. Even though we complain about it.

Keeping Thiago is vital on so many levels for the club - as other members have well said.
Faust
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby xevi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:35 am

He's our greatest midfielder and he looks really professio.al. also he's a reference.

I don't want to miss havertz but they could sell tolisso instead, they decides to do it and they would need reasons to keep him, unlikely if he doesn't get minutes. A very good offer for thiago would be needed too.

Dest: 26
Upamecano: 52-60
Sane: 90-100
DM:??

This is what we need only with coutinho, perisic, odriozola, boateng, and javi leaving.
I really would want to get this four players and nubel amd that tolisso plays as deserving to stay. He can play as AM and in a double 6.

Anyway it's amazing how every season we are spending a lot in defence. With boa leaving only alaba is older than 24
xevi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:04 am

As long as he doesn't carry Bayern he doesn't deserve to be equally paid to Lewy & Neuer
There are bigger problems than Thiago to solve but everything depends on his successor, I never understood the whole blind love in this player since he came, he is flashy and very professional but treating him like the second Schweinsteiger it's just too much... Only if we bring in an average player would be a catastrophe otherwise I'm fine with his sale but as I said have bigger problems and Thiago's performances are on the bottom of the list.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Achilles wrote:As long as he doesn't carry Bayern he doesn't deserve to be equally paid to Lewy & Neuer
There are bigger problems than Thiago to solve but everything depends on his successor, I never understood the whole blind love in this player since he came, he is flashy and very professional but treating him like the second Schweinsteiger it's just too much... Only if we bring in an average player would be a catastrophe otherwise I'm fine with his sale but as I said have bigger problems and Thiago's performances are on the bottom of the list.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Achilles wrote:As long as he doesn't carry Bayern he doesn't deserve to be equally paid to Lewy & Neuer
Too much Greek Yoghurt ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby xevi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:09 pm

I just see the players MF in teams like madrid, barça or liverpoo, city too and i wouldn't change any of them for thiago. So for me he's the best midfielder playing in a top team. There's prajnic, ramsey or verratti too. Kroos being different was very good too.

I tgink we should keep him and lewandowski, neuer and muller are/have been great but we have a very young team so thiago and alaba should be treated as they deserve.

Schweinsteiger is a legend but thiago is the best mf we have now and i'm ok signing young german prospects looking for an identity and i'm against signings like coutinho or james for being on loan at first, but they were in being a bit old, also they don't seem to be integrated but thiago has the hungry and the professionalism these other players haven't.

Boateng has been solid and a very useful transfer, also my favourite CB during some yars above pique or ramos, but if he is very well paid, there's no reason for thiago not being at this level too.
xevi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:38 pm

I can not believe that after having faith in him, after standing behind him for practically years, when he was actually an extremely inefficient flashy player, we would consider selling him NOW, when he's actually as good as he is...

Whether we like him or not, he's just absolute class...replacement??? Nobody, or nobody even close to being as good as him (especially if past is any indication!), you can be sure. I can't believe this is even a topic, just extend him already.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:51 am

envagyokazapad wrote:I can not believe that after having faith in him, after standing behind him for practically years, when he was actually an extremely inefficient flashy player, we would consider selling him NOW, when he's actually as good as he is...

Whether we like him or not, he's just absolute class...replacement??? Nobody, or nobody even close to being as good as him (especially if past is any indication!), you can be sure. I can't believe this is even a topic, just extend him already.
He was NEVER EVER EVER EVER an inneficient flashy player. He has been key to our game since the season he arrived. Almost always the best midfielder on our books.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:02 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:I can not believe that after having faith in him, after standing behind him for practically years, when he was actually an extremely inefficient flashy player, we would consider selling him NOW, when he's actually as good as he is...

He was NEVER EVER EVER EVER an inneficient flashy player. He has been key to our game since the season he arrived. Almost always the best midfielder on our books.

The flashy inefficient complaint has always been a holdover from wanting to erase Pep from our history books lol. Pep brought him in so we have to get rid of him to remove all traces of his touch on the team lol
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:17 am

Thiago might be ineffective as #10, but he is a world class midfielder. He just needs a reliable defensive partner.

Even prime Schweini needed a complementary midfielder (Van Bommel, Javi Martínez, Khedira...)

Goretzka isn't that type of player and I don't like the Kimmich experiment either

The best midfield we've had in the last 2-3 years was that Thiago -- Tolisso -- James trio

But Coco hasn't been back to his best since his injury

Thiago's contract runs out in 2021. That means we won't be in a good negotiating position for a sale. He would most likely leave for peanuts and we would end up with a more expensive and overall worse player

Extending Thiago must be a priority
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:02 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Thiago might be ineffective as #10, but he is a world class midfielder. He just needs a reliable defensive partner.

Even prime Schweini needed a complementary midfielder (Van Bommel, Javi Martínez, Khedira...)

Goretzka isn't that type of player and I don't like the Kimmich experiment either

The best midfield we've had in the last 2-3 years was that Thiago -- Tolisso -- James trio

But Coco hasn't been back to his best since his injury

Thiago's contract runs out in 2021. That means we won't be in a good negotiating position for a sale. He would most likely leave for peanuts and we would end up with a more expensive and overall worse player

Extending Thiago must be a priority
Yeah, that Thiago-Tolisso-James MF was great. If Tolisso could get back to form, Thisgo-Tolisso-Müller would be great. Hope Tolisso does.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 pm

Some noise coming from Turin today indicating that Pogba's transfer fell through because the exorbitant transfer fee and Juve have turned the attention to a more affordable alternative: Thiago with 1 1/2 years left in his contract.
source [source]

Thiago + Cristina Penaldo :(
And he will have the once in the lifetime opportunity to play against Sassuolo, Brescia and SPAL in front of 2,000 fans each year :oops:
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:31 pm

Jorge wrote:Some noise coming from Turin today indicating that Pogba's transfer fell through because the exorbitant transfer fee and Juve have turned the attention to a more affordable alternative: Thiago with 1 1/2 years left in his contract.
source [source]

And he will have the once in the lifetime opportunity to play against Sassuolo, Brescia and SPAL in front of 2,000 fans each year :oops:
If they do we should ask them for Pjanic
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:41 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Jorge wrote:Some noise coming from Turin today indicating that Pogba's transfer fell through because the exorbitant transfer fee and Juve have turned the attention to a more affordable alternative: Thiago with 1 1/2 years left in his contract.
source [source]

If they do we should ask them for Pjanic
No, we need to NOT ALLOW Thiago go. Pjanic is sh!t compared to Thiago.

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News