You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Pips wrote:
aterford wrote:This narrative really died so long ago.

Like Bayern big win in CL?

aterford wrote:I don't mean to be insulting but anybody who still believes this guy is a choker in the UCL simply hasn't been paying attention.

Ofc, him and Lewa in Bayern just dominate knockout stage of CL .

You have the right narrative but wrong players. It's Mueller and Hummels, not Thiago and Lewandowski.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:09 pm

zozon wrote:Its not about being on a same page, its about logic.

Have you ever seen Robben, at all this time at Bayern, playing one full game or two full games playing as a DM, CAM, CM, AM? Can you imagine Robben playing in the same position as Thiago, as Goretzka, as Javi, as Sanches and as all those midfielders that played for Bayern from 2009 until now? Answer this honestly and you have your answer.

I can recall he played as a AM in a makeshift formation for a half of a single game or so and thats all. Just like Ribery was tried as a AM for a game or so. But that doesnt make them midfielders. Just like Lahm wasnt a midfielder by vocation when he played DM under Pep. He was a left/right defender.

I saw him as a RAM.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby longeleven » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:13 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:In any case we were playing 4-2-2-2 not 4-2-3-1.

A lot, I remember Basti and Bommel behind Robbery when Olic and Mueller up front
longeleven
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:33 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
Pips wrote:If he play again poor in CL, then its time to go.

Except he hasn’t had a poor CL season in like 3 years. Hell, I would consider him our best player in the CL in Jupps last season (Kovacs season is hard to use as a litmus test because he brought the entire teams level down) Besides the bullshit matches vs Liverpool, our last big CL match was vs Real and Thiago and Tolisso played Modric and Kroos off the **** pitch vs them.

I think it’s about time for the questioning of Thiagos consistency to end. We are substantially worse when he does not play, full stop.

Even I, I agree. He is now a leader and the heart of this team. Something he never was with Guardiola and Ancelotti. Even with Heynckes it only started in the very end.

The funny part is that he is too "alone". We need a player capable to play with him and be a leader with him.
4-2-1-3 : Neuer (Ulreich) - Kimmich (Pavard) Süle (Martinez/Pavard) Hernandez (Boateng) Alaba (Davies/Hernandez) - Cuisance(Martinez) Thiago (Tolisso) - Coutinho (Goretzka/Müller) - Gnabry (Müller/Davies) Lewandowski (Arp) Coman (Davies/Perisic)
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Coman wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:
Pips wrote:If he play again poor in CL, then its time to go.

Except he hasn’t had a poor CL season in like 3 years. Hell, I would consider him our best player in the CL in Jupps last season (Kovacs season is hard to use as a litmus test because he brought the entire teams level down) Besides the bullshit matches vs Liverpool, our last big CL match was vs Real and Thiago and Tolisso played Modric and Kroos off the **** pitch vs them.

I think it’s about time for the questioning of Thiagos consistency to end. We are substantially worse when he does not play, full stop.

Even I, I agree. He is now a leader and the heart of this team. Something he never was with Guardiola and Ancelotti. Even with Heynckes it only started in the very end.

The funny part is that he is too "alone". We need a player capable to play with him and be a leader with him.

Guardiolas reliance on Alonso is my biggest pet peeve from his tenure here. I had been waiting to see Thiago in that role and between Alonso and Lahm being used there Thiago was always pushed into the 10 role where he has less ability to dictate tempo and quarterback games.

I think we would have seen this massive type of play from him much earlier had he been transitioned into that role sooner.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Fénix » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:53 pm

Thiago is great since 2016/2017. I criticized him, or more precisely his big and passionate fans, because he was predominantly absent between 2013-2016, but once long injury absences ended, his career started to move UP.

I wouldn't change him right now for anything. That's the most valuable midfielder we have at the moment and just to mention - he is not some perfect midfielder who makes no mistakes, on the contrary... Every single midfielder used to make big mistakes, even our beloved Schweini after 2010 when he performed great. It's just part of sport and life overall, so Thiago can allow himself mistakes. God, he isn't Pelé or Maradona after all. :wink:

Always look his strengths and not weaknesses. He has improved as a player a lot in terms of tactics and discipline, defensive game, etc. That's what Bayern want or at least what I want - if all players participate in attacking part of the game, then without doubt all of them must participate and give their part in defensive game.

That''s exactly what was going on through whole 2012/2013 - all midfielders and wingers including Đilkoš max. participated in defensive game and the central midfield with Bastian and Martinez was the key of our success with the fighting mentality in these players along with Dante, Mandžukić, Müller, Ribery, Luiz Gustavo...

There's no single reason to question one of our 4 best players in the situation that looks terrible and is taking more than 2 years of crisis. Neuer, Kimmich, Lewandowski and Thiago are our best what we have had in the last 3 seasons.

In tough times you can't use far past to judge closer past and present where he has been great and where the entire club is functioning far from properly and awesome. :wink:

You just want to have the mentioned 4 players and see Alaba, Coman and Gnabry performing just better, better and better. Nevertheless, Tolisso, Lucas and Pavard as well.
That's already 10 players and you look for another 7-8 great names just to fill all the missing gaps and parts in our unbalanced machine.

Thiago is giving his everything and looks for support in other midfielders, but we haven't crystallized so far roles and duties due to our coach and players we have at disposal, but well... It's going to be alright in the next 2-3 years and changes, despite very late, have started and these are definitely positive signals for our fans, players and future.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Jorge » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:31 am

longeleven wrote:
Ok, I stop not because embarassing, just to end this dicussion. We are not in the same page obviously. :mrgreen:

Include Robben himself, Van Gaal, Heynckens, Guardiola, Ancelotti and my next door neighbor if you want, all these people are not in the same page either.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby longeleven » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:42 am

Jorge wrote:
longeleven wrote:
Ok, I stop not because embarassing, just to end this dicussion. We are not in the same page obviously. :mrgreen:

Include Robben himself, Van Gaal, Heynckens, Guardiola, Ancelotti and my next door neighbor if you want, all these people are not in the same page either.

Yes, you're right Jorge. :D
longeleven
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News