You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Jorge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Thigo Alcantara a Barca boy going to Real....

If you say this in another context you will get crucified!
In total he has played more games for us than all his games at Barca, combining youth and pro: 193 to 160 for Barca. That should make him a Bayern player but I get your point about him growing up in the Barca system.
As for a transfer to RM, it will never happen but not because his connection to Barca, it won't happen because it does not make sense for Bayern. If it wasn't for this, Mazinho's frienship with Florentino is strong enough that it wouldn't rule it out if the conditions existed.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Coman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Either he extends. Either he leaves at the end of the season. Same goes for Alaba.

If we play a poor season in UCL again I would be sure both of them will leave.
Bayern 2020-2021 4-3-3 : Neuer (Nübel) - Dest (Pavard) Süle (Pavard) Hernandez (Alaba) Alaba (Davies) - Havertz (Goretzka) Kimmich (Fein) Thiago (Cuisance) - Gnabry (Müller) Lewandowski (Zirkzee) Sané (Coman)
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Pips » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:49 pm

If he play again poor in CL, then its time to go.
Pips
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 pm

Pips wrote:If he play again poor in CL, then its time to go.

Except he hasn’t had a poor CL season in like 3 years. Hell, I would consider him our best player in the CL in Jupps last season (Kovacs season is hard to use as a litmus test because he brought the entire teams level down) Besides the bullshit matches vs Liverpool, our last big CL match was vs Real and Thiago and Tolisso played Modric and Kroos off the **** pitch vs them.

I think it’s about time for the questioning of Thiagos consistency to end. We are substantially worse when he does not play, full stop.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:25 pm

We are literally like handicapped when he isnt playing. I cant even recall when was the last time our whole game depended on a midfielder.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby munchen99 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:22 am

zozon wrote:We are literally like handicapped when he isnt playing. I cant even recall when was the last time our whole game depended on a midfielder.

2005/2006 when we had Ballack. We were even more dependent on him actually.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby longeleven » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:21 am

zozon wrote:We are literally like handicapped when he isnt playing. I cant even recall when was the last time our whole game depended on a midfielder.

2009/2010, we lived and died under Robben legs :roll:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:46 am

longeleven wrote:

Was Robben a midfielder in 2009/2010? I understand now why some believed back then that the world was going to end in 2012.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aterford » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:26 am

Pips wrote:If he play again poor in CL, then its time to go.

This narrative really died so long ago.

I don't mean to be insulting but anybody who still believes this guy is a choker in the UCL simply hasn't been paying attention.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby longeleven » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:23 am

Jorge wrote:
longeleven wrote:

Was Robben a midfielder in 2009/2010? I understand now why some believed back then that the world was going to end in 2012.

As far as I remember, Robben played as Right winger in 4-2-3-1 formation, I don't know what position at "3" players you defined but for me they are midfielders.

he might not be a midfielder since Pep came, while we played 4-3-3 but under LvG and Jupp, he was midfielder!
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby zozon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:48 am

No, he wasnt a midfielder. Never. He was a winger at Bayern. In that same season you are mentioning Robben played as a winger.

You have midfielders like Thiago, Bastian, Javi Martinez, Ottl, a fake Kimmich and then you have wingers like Robbery, Coman, Gnabry. Even Bastian Schweinsteiger changed positions, he started as a WINGER in Bayern's first team, then he was commanded to the midfield.

Stop embarassing yourself by telling that Robben was a midfielder when played by any Bayern coached he was under.
Last edited by zozon on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby Pips » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 am

aterford wrote:This narrative really died so long ago.

Like Bayern big win in CL?

aterford wrote:I don't mean to be insulting but anybody who still believes this guy is a choker in the UCL simply hasn't been paying attention.

Ofc, him and Lewa in Bayern just dominate knockout stage of CL .
Pips
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby longeleven » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:09 am

zozon wrote:No, he wasnt a midfielder. Never. He was a winger at Bayern. In that same season you are mentioning Robben played as a winger.

You have midfielders like Thiago, Bastian, Javi Martinez, Ottl, a fake Kimmich and then you have wingers like Robbery, Coman, Gnabry. Even Bastian Schweinsteiger changed positions, he started as a WINGER in Bayern's first team, then he was commanded to the midfield.

Stop embarassing yourself by telling that Robben was a midfielder when played by any Bayern coached he was under.

Ok, I stop not because embarassing, just to end this dicussion. We are not in the same page obviously. :mrgreen:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby zozon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:14 am

Its not about being on a same page, its about logic.

Have you ever seen Robben, at all this time at Bayern, playing one full game or two full games playing as a DM, CAM, CM, AM? Can you imagine Robben playing in the same position as Thiago, as Goretzka, as Javi, as Sanches and as all those midfielders that played for Bayern from 2009 until now? Answer this honestly and you have your answer.

I can recall he played as a AM in a makeshift formation for a half of a single game or so and thats all. Just like Ribery was tried as a AM for a game or so. But that doesnt make them midfielders. Just like Lahm wasnt a midfielder by vocation when he played DM under Pep. He was a left/right defender.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:14 am

In any case we were playing 4-2-2-2 not 4-2-3-1.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News