You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby MUTU » Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 am

soul-railgun777 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Since joining Bayern - he played in 153 games while missing 112 games;

Feels more like the other way round but I won't argue.

I'm torn on the Thiago sale issue. On one hand you have a player who can play really well.
On the other hand he can also not deliver, either due to injury or to an inconsistent performance.
In essence, he cannot be relied on and/or have a team built around him, that'd be insane.

So if an insane bid for him comes along, it needs to be given serious thought.

Not deliver due to injury or inconsitent performance, this can be said for almost any player of the team.

I concur, but not to the extent of Thiago, I'm afraid to say.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 23, 2018 11:19 am

I probably said this before but I feel this season he was a bit worse than before. However I'm confident he will return to previous levels or better.

If we have a replacement plan in mind, maybe for the right amount he can go. But that certainly shouldn't be Renato Sanches at this point in time. It's too big a risk.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 23, 2018 1:05 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:If we have a replacement plan in mind

Knowing our board, a suitable replacement shall be someone like Gonzalo Castro :mrgreen:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Mavs » Wed May 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Some of you folks just have completely unrealistic expectations.

Sell Thiago? And replace him with whom of similar quality?

He's a fantastic player, one of the few who actually showed any heart in the last couple of weeks of the season. And his 2nd leg against Real was crazy good. We'd be fools to sell him.
Mavs
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Mavs wrote:And replace him with whom of similar quality?

The same players we replace him with when he's out injured. :coffee:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Selling Thiago? Oh no, who is going to pass to Santa Claus now? Well, we have Tolisso (He will pass to Santa but only if Santa is our goalkeeper)
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Wed May 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Jorge wrote:Selling Thiago? Oh no, who is going to pass to Santa Claus now? Well, we have Tolisso (He will pass to Santa but only if Santa is our goalkeeper)

You mean this?

We already have his replacement!
Spoiler: show
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernFL117 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:06 pm

At first I was strongly against selling him but after seeing those two videos I can confirm that we are in safe hands :lol:
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Replacement? The Bundesliga.com was making a direct comparison between him and Goretzka for a whole season. If someone was sleeping in the last year, I want to say that we've got the last one in our team.

With Tolisso already showing up on his first season and Leon being the most talented German midfielder in the last years - it's stupid to not start with them every game when they are healthy. They are going to be the heart of the midfield in Bayern for the next (let's hope) at least 6,7 years, and waisting time for them behind Thiago, Vidal... RUDY... is the most stupid thing that can happen.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Jorge » Wed May 23, 2018 6:11 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Replacement? The Bundesliga.com was making a direct comparison between him and Goretzka for a whole season. If someone was sleeping in the last year, I want to say that we've got the last one in our team.

With Tolisso already showing up on his first season and Leon being the most talented German midfielder in the last years - it's stupid to not start with them every game when they are healthy. They are going to be the heart of the midfield in Bayern for the next (let's hope) at least 6,7 years, and waisting time for them behind Thiago, Vidal... RUDY... is the most stupid thing that can happen.

Also, Bayern can cash Thiago now, based on the opinion of some 70-80M, (50-60M if you ask me) in a few years it could be substantially less. I see it happening, not because Thiago is a bad player but because we are not getting the return for the investment, and it's been 4 years. With a new coach with fresh ideas that plays high pace counter-attacking football, I see Bayern going through a transition in the next 1-2 years. Is Thiago an important piece of the new system? Based on his salary, market value and status or either you build the team around him or you you sell him, but he can't provide the same he has for too much longer.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby GoatHCW » Wed May 23, 2018 6:32 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Replacement? The Bundesliga.com was making a direct comparison between him and Goretzka for a whole season. If someone was sleeping in the last year, I want to say that we've got the last one in our team.

Agree! I am very excited to watch Tolisso and Goretzka control our midfield for the future starting next season. They should be the penciled in starters when the season begins.
GoatHCW
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Just because we got someone who could potentially take his place it doesn't mean we should sell Thiago for no reason, since he doesn't seem to want to leave.*

*assuming we're still trying to win the CL.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Jorge wrote:Also, Bayern can cash Thiago now, based on the opinion of some 70-80M, (50-60M if you ask me) in a few years it could be substantially less. I see it happening, not because Thiago is a bad player but because we are not getting the return for the investment, and it's been 4 years. With a new coach with fresh ideas that plays high pace counter-attacking football, I see Bayern going through a transition in the next 1-2 years. Is Thiago an important piece of the new system? Based on his salary, market value and status or either you build the team around him or you you sell him, but he can't provide the same he has for too much longer.

What's the point of cashing in on him now? We paid something around 30m in total for the 3 youngsters the board seem to be pushing as our world class future (Goretzka, Coman and Gnabry). We're not going to spend that money. What's the point of selling for 80m if we're still only going to replace him with a free transfer (whether world class or simply decent, like Rudy)? Might as well keep him because for us whether we sell for 80m now or 40m in 2 years it makes absolutely no difference to our transfer plans.

That money is useless. Whether as a starter or as a bench player having Thiago in our squad is better for our title hopes than selling Thiago for 80m and buying whoever - or, knowing our board, relying on Sanches.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed May 23, 2018 8:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Jorge wrote:Also, Bayern can cash Thiago now, based on the opinion of some 70-80M, (50-60M if you ask me) in a few years it could be substantially less. I see it happening, not because Thiago is a bad player but because we are not getting the return for the investment, and it's been 4 years. With a new coach with fresh ideas that plays high pace counter-attacking football, I see Bayern going through a transition in the next 1-2 years. Is Thiago an important piece of the new system? Based on his salary, market value and status or either you build the team around him or you you sell him, but he can't provide the same he has for too much longer.

What's the point of cashing in on him now? We paid something around 30m in total for the 3 youngsters the board seem to be pushing as our world class future (Goretzka, Coman and Gnabry). We're not going to spend that money. What's the point of selling for 80m if we're still only going to replace him with a free transfer (whether world class or simply decent, like Rudy)? Might as well keep him because for us whether we sell for 80m now or 40m in 2 years it makes absolutely no difference to our transfer plans.

That money is useless. Whether as a starter or as a bench player having Thiago in our squad is better for our title hopes than selling Thiago for 80m and buying whoever - or, knowing our board, relying on Sanches.

Most of the German pundits do not agree with you, read what they have been saying in the last 2-3 weeks. Lothar Matthaus just came up today with a long list of reasons. We disagree in principle: I do not see what Thiago has to offer to Bayern's future that he hasn't given already. And yes, with 80M you buy young talent and you develop it under the new coach. We have done it that way for decades, just recently we did it with Kimmich, in some cases you fail, in some cases you hit the jackpot. After 4 years waiting for Thiago to deliver in the big stage I have not seen it, maybe he needs other type of players around him, since it is not going to happen in Munich it might be a good thing for him and for Bayern.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Hardrade » Wed May 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Jorge wrote:After 4 years waiting for Thiago to deliver in the big stage I have not seen it, maybe he needs other type of players around him, since it is not going to happen in Munich it might be a good thing for him and for Bayern.

What a weird way to spell Müller. Or you mean Lewandowski? I am confused.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News