You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sven Ulreich

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Sven Ulreich

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Element wrote:
MUTU wrote:Smaller club... Like Gladbach (Ter Stegen to Barcelona), Stuttgart (Karius to Liverpool) or Frankfurt (Trapp to PSG)?

Karius moved from MAINZ to Liverpool
My bad. In my defence he played for Stuttgart's youth team
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Well, it strengthens your point. :P

You may be right, MUTU, but there's still the factor of playing with/learning from Neuer to consider. He's clearly improved a lot recently and he could have more to learn at Bayern.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well, it strengthens your point.

You may be right, MUTU, but there's still the factor of playing with/learning from Neuer to consider. He's clearly improved a lot recently and he could have more to learn at Bayern.
Actually his biggest improvement happened while Neuer was out and while he was getting regular playing time. It is now very clear that Bayern were limiting his career and he would have to be very unambitious to extend his contract IMO.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 pm

The way I see it, just because he needed time and consistent starts to gain confidence and play well, it doesn't mean he didn't previously improve by training with Neuer and our coaches
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Back in 2012/2013 Hoffenheim's no. 1 Tom Starke was a very decent choice as Neuer's backup, but when we signed in 2014/2015 Sven Ulreich... Now that was a quality stuff for no. 2 while Starke having as no. 3, which insane to sign in period of two years two GKs who were no. 1 in their previous clubs.

But when you have no match practice, no rhythm, you can't just live like nothing won't happen, like you won't lose your feeling, rhythm, form, routine... That's what happened to Ulreich while Carlo Ancelotti was just a bad circumstance for everyone, even for Sven.

Back in the past, Kahn never had that kind of backup as Neuer's got in the last few years, not just one backup but two. Now that's insane and everyone should appreciate our GK roster, which is extremely good. :thumbup:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:59 pm

EXcellent news!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:46 pm

So, we've cleared our no. 2 situation. Excellent! =D> As long as we have no. 1 and no. 2, we're safe and calm.

Now it remains to define will Früchtl be our no. 3 in the future and that's it, we can focus on the field players and missing puzzles.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby icewizard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 pm

He definitely deserves it... Now, we can be sure we can compete with the clubs who have 2 of the top-level keepers... I admit i wasn't very confident by end of last season, but hats off to Sven, he worked out and put out excellent performances... Hopes he get his national squad call and becomes GK #3 behind #1 Neuer and #2 Ter Stegen in the World Cup...
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm

icewizard wrote:Hopes he get his national squad call and becomes GK #3 behind #1 Neuer and #2 Ter Stegen in the World Cup...

I totally agree, I don't see any better option for Low, he carried Bayern well when the momentum was against him and against the squad. That alone is enough to get called and to be honest I don't think Trapp,Fahrmann or any other GK is better than him.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm completely sure than we won't see two Bayern GKs in the World Cup. My prediction: Neuer, ter Stegen, Leno.

In case that Neuer doesn't go, then there might be an open space for him to join the team, competing with Trapp.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Going by the FIFA 18 February 8 2018 database, the following German goalkeepers have a higher overall rating than Ulreich (78):

- Neuer (92)
- Ter Stegen (87)
- Leno (85)
- Fährmann (84)
- Horn (84)
- Baumann (83)
- Trapp (80)
- Zieler (79)
- Adler (79)
- Karius (79)

Basically, in FIFA 18 Ulreich is not even a top 10 German goalkeeper. Luckily for him, Loew does not use FIFA 18 to choose his squad, but what one can learn from this is there are a number of goalkeepers who could make that 3rd choice goalkeeper spot, especially considering that if Neuer does indeed come back in March then Ulreich will be out of match practice by the time the World Cup starts.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm

For what it's worth (and it's not worth much, lol) "In-form" Ulreich is an 81.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Isabella » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 am

aterford wrote:For what it's worth (and it's not worth much, lol) "In-form" Ulreich is an 81.

Well that put him just in the group of the ones who have outsider chances to be part of the group (and make me ask why Trapp is Löw’s favourite choice as fourth when Fährmann, Horn and Baumann are starters in their clubs and better than him
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 am

It will be Leno, most likely. But I think Ulreich deserves it because as I've said before, he IS actually replacing Neuer, as he would be needed to do in the world cup if anything happens. The fact that he plays with mostly the same German defence for Bayern also helps.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News