You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Serge Gnabry [Serge David Gnabry]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Serge Gnabry [Serge David Gnabry]

Postby #12 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:22 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:His goal was a good one. It shouldn't be disallowed imo. But might be a bit embarrassing for Benfica to go 0 - 3 at home so I am ok with it.

Why not? He was clearly offside...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:45 am

Firefox1234 wrote:He’s quite the prospect and has shown he has the quality to be a top player at Bremen and Hoffenheim just needs a run of games here to be build up some form....

At these situations for this type of player and this stage of his career(breakthrough) one game in then one game out is the worst thing you can do. Gnabry needs some runs and consecutive games. It would make more sense to rotate Robben-Ribery and move Gnabry from LW to RW to get his playing minutes rather than playing him one game and then bench him. Same goes for Renato or Goretzka but Gnabry looks really fires up everytime he steps in
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:53 pm

Some bored journalist wrote that..

Real Madrid 'consider £69m swoop for Serge Gnabry' [source]
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Jorge » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:48 pm

Xavi named Gnabry as a player in his wish list if he is named Barcelona coach:

here [source]

Full interview in Spanish:
Xavi Hernández: “Quiero volver al Barça, pero para empezar un proyecto desde cero” [source]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:28 pm

I know Gnabry's contract runs through 2023 but he is definitely gonna get a big pay package soon which would probably put him up there with the top earners.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:57 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I know Gnabry's contract runs through 2023 but he is definitely gonna get a big pay package soon which would probably put him up there with the top earners.

If he keeps putting these serious numbers while also destroying every team from London, I think he should be our top or second best-paid player in the roster. He's still young, 24 (turning 25 in July) - so he's not even in his prime yet, I think he deserves a contract extension in 2021.

In my eyes, he's just behind Messi (if we put him on the RW), Sancho and Bernardo Silva at the moment in his position. Some will argue about Salah, but I don't think he's even the best player in his team - this is my personal view.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:35 am

I'd rather have Gnabry than Bernardo Silva =P~
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:13 pm

Honestly, Gnabry's contract for me is a reason that actually gives me a bit of apprehension regarding Sane. It's probably fair to suggest that Lucas' contract and perhaps to a lesser degree Coutinho's have sort of set the bar for our players when it comes to extending their contracts. Naturally Alaba would be well within his rights to expect to be paid on the same level as Lucas, Muller as Coutinho, etc. That's how it goes. But so it makes me a bit worried when we hear how apparently we have a deal with Sane and then his agents change and suddenly his demands seem to keep going up. On one hand, that's just the way the game is and you have to be willing to pay up for quality, but on the other hand if we have to pay out the nose in wages for Sane you can bet that Gnabry will be demanding every bit as much when it comes time for a new contract for him.... and if we don't pay him that amount, surely someone else will. So, it's a touchy situation. I'm still in favor of the Sane transfer but surely there's got to be a point where the wage demands just don't make sense for us any longer. We'll see...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:21 pm

aterford wrote:Honestly, Gnabry's contract for me is a reason that actually gives me a bit of apprehension regarding Sane. It's probably fair to suggest that Lucas' contract and perhaps to a lesser degree Coutinho's have sort of set the bar for our players when it comes to extending their contracts. Naturally Alaba would be well within his rights to expect to be paid on the same level as Lucas, Muller as Coutinho, etc. That's how it goes. But so it makes me a bit worried when we hear how apparently we have a deal with Sane and then his agents change and suddenly his demands seem to keep going up. On one hand, that's just the way the game is and you have to be willing to pay up for quality, but on the other hand if we have to pay out the nose in wages for Sane you can bet that Gnabry will be demanding every bit as much when it comes time for a new contract for him.... and if we don't pay him that amount, surely someone else will. So, it's a touchy situation. I'm still in favor of the Sane transfer but surely there's got to be a point where the wage demands just don't make sense for us any longer. We'll see...
If you shower shit average like Coutinho with money you got it coming...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:45 pm

#12 wrote:If you shower shit average like Coutinho with money you got it coming...

Even if Coutinho didnt come the situation would not change. If Sane comes he would easily be earning 15m-20m per year and if Gnabry keeps this form he can easily demand that amount since as someone just mentioned, others would be happy to pay him if we don't.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I was not (and am not still) a fan of the money going towards Coutinho at all, but either way, that toothpaste is out of the tube, so to speak - it's not going back in. So that's what we're stuck dealing with now. The question is now basically whether or not we want to (or can afford to) pay Sane whatever he is asking, knowing Gnabry will likely want the same pay, or would it be more prudent to find a winger with a lower wage who doesn't "set the market" for how much a player like Gnabry could demand. I know it probably sounds like just wanting to be a cheapskate, but it's a genuine concern IMO.... In a perfect world we just throw every player 20m/yr and everyone's happy (well, probably not...) but obviously that's not possible so there's gotta be a balance struck somewhere. I don't know which side Sane's rumored wage demands fall on at the moment, esp. as it relates to Gnabry. Hypothetically speaking, if we pay Sane 20m a season and we simply can't afford to pay that much to Gnabry, too (in other words, Sane's signing comes at the cost of Gnabry leaving in a short time), then I'd be against it. But if there's a way to find a reasonable wage that we can afford for both, go for it.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:01 pm

aterford wrote:Yeah, don't get me wrong, I was not (and am not still) a fan of the money going towards Coutinho at all, but either way, that toothpaste is out of the tube, so to speak - it's not going back in. So that's what we're stuck dealing with now. The question is now basically whether or not we want to (or can afford to) pay Sane whatever he is asking, knowing Gnabry will likely want the same pay, or would it be more prudent to find a winger with a lower wage who doesn't "set the market" for how much a player like Gnabry could demand. I know it probably sounds like just wanting to be a cheapskate, but it's a genuine concern IMO.... In a perfect world we just throw every player 20m/yr and everyone's happy (well, probably not...) but obviously that's not possible so there's gotta be a balance struck somewhere. I don't know which side Sane's rumored wage demands fall on at the moment, esp. as it relates to Gnabry. Hypothetically speaking, if we pay Sane 20m a season and we simply can't afford to pay that much to Gnabry, too (in other words, Sane's signing comes at the cost of Gnabry leaving in a short time), then I'd be against it. But if there's a way to find a reasonable wage that we can afford for both, go for it.
Nah, at the moment, 20m to keep Gnabry over 20m to get Sané any day...

IF rumors are true... Sané is too much of a gamble now... Knowing Bayern, if he cane here and did well consistently, he would get a raise anyway... (Like Kimmich, Davies, etc. - when they still had contracts that ran for more than a year...)

If Sané is that much of a prick, screw him, but in that case we need another high quality solution...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News