You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sandro Wagner

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Sandro Wagner

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:50 pm

bmguy wrote:I'm disappointed for this decision because it means we won't sign any younger striker any time soon. We can forget Timo Werner or even some potential young lads in the youth team. #-o

Our team is getting old and older.

That's not true as 3 strikers would be good as well. Having Lewy and Wagner means that there would be space for a striker with different abilities. Maybe a fast and skilled one like Werner

But if Wagner turns out to be a good backup then I see no reason to splash the cash for someone like Werner. At least not in a near future.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby BayernFL117 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:41 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
bmguy wrote:I'm disappointed for this decision because it means we won't sign any younger striker any time soon. We can forget Timo Werner or even some potential young lads in the youth team. #-o

Our team is getting old and older.

That's not true as 3 strikers would be good as well. Having Lewy and Wagner means that there would be space for a striker with different abilities. Maybe a fast and skilled one like Werner

But if Wagner turns out to be a good backup then I see no reason to splash the cash for someone like Werner. At least not in a near future.

maybe we could possibly convince Rashford to play in a different red :twisted:
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Jorge » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:19 am

YlonenXabi wrote:

The only problem with that is that Lewandowski will be 30 and Wagner 31 next season, if this is the formula there is no future beyond near future, and we know how that goes after failing to secure Ribery and Robben replacement on time.

I am under the impression that Lewa will be a Real Madrid player next season, it is a matter of connecting the dots: Benzema can't score and Ronaldo is entering a stage in his career that requires the club the bring such a striker to fill the void, on the other side you have Lewa talking about having "world class players" around him more and more.

Bayern can cash huge on Lewandowski, and this is the time to do it, after this season his price tag can go down at a rate of 10M per year, (it is a Bundesliga thing, nothing more) he can't sell more red jerseys but he has a few million white jerseys waiting to be sold while his brand will expand as he prepares the move to LA before retiring. A large sale will allow Bayern to buy younger proven talents, like Werner and Pulisic (both) which could cost more but we won't feel the financial hit that much, these two along Coman and Gnabry can give us the rebuild in the offensive line that we need for the next 7-8 years. Muller, James, and even Robben (one more year) can provide the experienced component in that mix of young blood, but we need this type of combination of speed and skills if we are going to be competitive in Europe. At this point the only thing that Bayern will need is a solid deep lying midfielder that we can pair with our injury prone Thiago or hopefully an improved Tolisso; but we have a little bit more time for that since Martinez can easily give us 1-2 more years of service and we always can improvise a little with other players who played in that role before (Alaba, Kimmich).

There is also the Goretzka thing but this has to do more with what we do with Vidal. Where is Wagner in all this? Since he won't have a big salary as long as he serves our needs we can keep him as a sub option.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Manchu » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:34 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Goalimpact thinks that Wagner is very good and suggests this is a really great transfer, even with Wagner being 30 years old. Honestly, it likes Wagner a lot more than I expected(to the extent that my jaw dropped when I saw the graph), and I always thought Wagner was a good player.

In fact, he appears to have really benefited from Nagelsmann's coaching. He was always pretty good, easily good enough to start in the Bundesliga even when he playing the 2.Bundesliga, but his goalimpact started greatly increasing shortly after Nagelsmann's arrival in October 2015(given Wagner's scoring record, I would guess that this difference mainly came from increased ability to perform holdup play and create space for his teammates). This makes me more optimistic about Nagelmann's readiness to coach Bayern.

Anyways, although there is still a significant gap in ability between Lewandowski and Wagner, it is on the order of ~5 goalimpact points rather than 15-25 goalimpact points, which was what I expected. This suggests that Wagner will be a very good backup and perhaps can even perform against the best teams in the world.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Achilles » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm quite certain that the Madrid train for Lewandowski had departed for him @Jorge
He is a Galactico, he is an exceptional goalscorer and he has the image to play for them but next year he'll be 30-y and as much as I think that RM is doing bad transfers they do invest and Lewandowski ain't an investment, how much he can keep up hitting 40 goals per season? Another 2 years maybe 3 max? No, Real Madrid won't pay more than €100m for a player that will help them for three years tops, they sign prime players, fortunately he chose us over Madrid at his prime and he is leading now. Secondly and most important, Lewy and CR7 in the same team is doomed as long as CR7 wears the white jersey even if he is 45-y no player in Lewy's caliber and ambitions will go there because he is destined to be second in everything, salary,posters,rank,hierarchy,goals,attempts everything. Benzema is being average for 2-3 years now, they will find another "Yes man" striker and Lewy isn't that type, I can see a Lewy-Madrid only if CR7 leaves and that's a huge if because Bayern won't let him go THAT easily.

As for Wagner, he is not a Bayern material but at least he is playing good for his standards and will give everything for his club, he is a supporter and I think that will benefit us moreover he has great workrate, he can become dirty, poor man's Mandzukic. Considering that we have nobody, he is an upgrade but I'm not delusional to think that he is a good footballer, average at best.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:49 pm

The good thing is that now we are more flexible tactically.

Sometimes I look at our bench and I can't see anyone changing the game. We always have key players injured and our bench lacks depth in offensive positions.

With Sandro Wagner we might play with 2 strikers at some point. Just imagine James and Kimmich providing crosses to Lewandowski, Wagner, Hummels, Javi Martine, Vidal and Boateng =P~

We can even throw Tolisso and Suele in as well

Damn it, every corner would be like a penalty :shock:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Pelin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:55 pm

Someone is under impression that Lewy would be a Real player next summer? #-o Bayern is not a selling club and won't sell him. Forget about him, Latin fans. The world doesn't revolve around your clubs.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Real's prime target is Harry Kane and they are so desperate that they are offering Bale and Modric for him

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:27 pm

I really doubt it :^o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Pelin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:45 am

First off, l don’t get Real hype here. Galactico era has ended long time ago. İt started like current PSG, whom most latin fans hate. Spanish Goverment bought their facility for a record number then, loaned it to them for free. They dominated football with it until 2003. İtalian clubs were buying their best La Liga players before Galactico era. The market has changed dramatically since then. Now there are non selling clubs, like Bayern, like PSG, like M.City.

Second off, Real even were not a CL semi final team until 2013(from 2003). After it, Barca’s mismgt and our Pep choice paved the way for them. Since they were not top teams to compete with them at highest level. The problem with Pep is that his philosophy doesn’t work vs top teams in CL. Nevertheless, his high pressing works really well in local leagues. Now their key players like Ronaldo and Modric are aged and they are over 32. Ramos is almost 32. l’m not even talking about luck, referee helps and easy fixtures. They were the best Real l have ever seen in the last decade, they managed to beat us with referee, though Ancelotti made big mistakes, in addition, we played with 4 over 32 players, including Alonso,which created many problem for us, losing the control of the midfield and giving so many space and time with the ball to their wing backs with non proper tracking back.

After all, some fans here never miss an opportunity to bash Bundesliga and Bayern and never miss an opportunity to praise and overrate La Liga and Spanish teams. Sometimes they even forget that here is a Bayern forum.

Regarding Wagner, He is good solution as a back up and 2 years solution. İt’s early to sign a top talent for striker position. Wagner is aggressive, who can keep the ball and good on aerial game. He will be useful, also considering Müller did nothing when he played as striker in the last 4-5 games.

l can’t also understand the reaction to MGT. Bayern never makes shopping from EPL. İn this case, Bayern will overpay when needed, for worthy players. Nevertheless, Bayern doesn’t need to overpay for every signings. But we must be smart and less emotional. Also quick.

After Goretzka signing, we have to offload Vidal, with the money from D.Costa sale, we can make our winger signings. Brandt/Gnabry+big money signing. We have the chance to finance the mercato with sales.

Regarding Werner, l don’t think he is what Bayern needs. The only thing he can offer to Bayern is counters. İnstead, Bayern needs a complete striker. We still have time. So lets focus on wingers first.

Regarding Real, if they sign a striker, it will be Kane. They have Benzema and Ronaldo to play as striker. This is why l doubt. Madrid press always links them with top players because of their perception games.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News