You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ron-Thorben Hoffmann

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Ron-Thorben Hoffmann

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Ron-Thorben Hoffmann

Postby Lahmies » Wed May 16, 2018 2:14 pm

new phone who dis
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Hoffmann will probably be the 4th choice goalkeeper behind Neuer, Ulreich and Fruechtl, at least until Starke is brought back in from retirement.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Ron-Thorben Hoffmann

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Wed May 16, 2018 2:43 pm

This makes zero sense if no keeper is leaving... why would he commit such important years of his career to a team that already has at least three keepers ahead of him?
Not even Früchtl was given a chance this season...
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:This makes zero sense if no keeper is leaving... why would he commit such important years of his career to a team that already has at least three keepers ahead of him?
Not even Früchtl was given a chance this season...

Hope this answers your question...

"I've been a Bayern fan since I was three. A dream has come true with the pro contract in Munich," said Hoffmann. "I've invested a lot, but now the actual work begins. I want to establish myself in football. FC Bayern offer me the best conditions, and I want to use them in training and in competition on a daily basis."
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm

MUTU wrote:Hope this answers your question...

"I've been a Bayern fan since I was three. A dream has come true with the pro contract in Munich," said Hoffmann. "I've invested a lot, but now the actual work begins. I want to establish myself in football. FC Bayern offer me the best conditions, and I want to use them in training and in competition on a daily basis."

We should never doubt another’s potential, but it will be difficult for him. At least he is a fan and wants to be here. Hopefully he develops really well and can be of good use in the future.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Good for him I guess, I can understand wanting to play for a given club....but I have to agree that I can't really understand signing a contract to presumably be fourth-choice when the third-choice player ahead of you hardly ever plays...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 4:11 pm

aterford wrote:Good for him I guess, I can understand wanting to play for a given club....but I have to agree that I can't really understand signing a contract to presumably be fourth-choice when the third-choice player ahead of you hardly ever plays...

First I'll remove 1 misconception:
- Just because he's signed a professional contract doesn't mean he'll be playing any more or any less. He is currently the 5th choice goalkeeper, playing in the Regionalliga Bayern, and next season he'll be the 4th choice goalkeeper due to Starke's retirement.

Next, I'll point out to an assumption:
- Just because he's only playing in the Regionalliga Bayern doesn't necessarily mean that there are clubs playing at a higher tier who are ready to employ him as their #1 goalkeeper. Him leaving to play elsewhere won't necessarily guarantee him more playing time at a higher level.

Lastly, I'll give two reasons for him signing, apart from him being a Bayern fan:
1) He'll get to train with the pros. I don't think he can realistically get signed anywhere in the world that allows him to train against such good players every day, so that's got to help him improve.
2) In an injury crisis, he may make the matchday squad for the senior team, or even play. Let's not forget that last pre-season we had Neuer, Ulreich and Fruechtl all out injured at the same time. He could've signed for another Regionalliga Bayern club or even a 3. Liga club, but would they have offered him the remote chance of featuring in an important match?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed May 16, 2018 4:21 pm

I hear that, but....I have to think there was SOMEONE higher than 4th division that could have offered him a #1 spot (or even a #2, tbh). It's no guarantee, but I don't think it's that far-fetched to presume he'd get more 'higher level' playing time elsewhere.
Anyways, we have heard the "gets to train with Bayern players" bit before: sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 pm

aterford wrote:I hear that, but....I have to think there was SOMEONE higher than 4th division that could have offered him a #1 spot (or even a #2, tbh). It's no guarantee, but I don't think it's that far-fetched to presume he'd get more 'higher level' playing time elsewhere.
Anyways, we have heard the "gets to train with Bayern players" bit before: sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Let's say they offer YOU two contracts.

One allows you to play for FC Bayern II and train with Bayern's senior players. And get paid for it, on top of that! Furthermore, you hold out hope of maybe making it to the matchday squad. It would be such a dream.

Another contract would be for you to play in the 3. Liga.

I wouldn't even consider the latter even if they offered me triple the salary.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Schweinsteiger with gloves? :coffee: :mrgreen:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:49 am

And a bit of LvG
YlonenXabi wrote:Image

Schweinsteiger with gloves? :coffee: :mrgreen:

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News