You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:13 am

The thing that bothers me the most is his positioning in midfield. Maybe I don't understand football well enough but sometimes his positioning seems Bundesliga 10 level.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:52 am

BayernFL117 wrote:Also saw that game and was glad he did well. Now we need to loan him to a bundesliga team for a year and see how he does. We can reevaluate him after considering Javi will be turning 31 that year and Renato will only be 22.
Javi and Renato don't play the same position, this is very common misconception about Renato. He is not a DM or even a more or less defensive b2b. He is an attacking b2b Midfielder. His competition are Vidal, Goretzka, Rudy, and arguably James, but never Javi.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernFL117 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
BayernFL117 wrote:Also saw that game and was glad he did well. Now we need to loan him to a bundesliga team for a year and see how he does. We can reevaluate him after considering Javi will be turning 31 that year and Renato will only be 22.
Javi and Renato don't play the same position, this is very common misconception about Renato. He is not a DM or even a more or less defensive b2b. He is an attacking b2b Midfielder. His competition are Vidal, Goretzka, Rudy, and arguably James, but never Javi.

I was just saying that could be a time where some room opens up in midfield and we could see how he fits in or if he does at all.
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon May 14, 2018 7:51 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby manuelbavarian » Mon May 14, 2018 5:15 pm

If we continue with this policy of only buy 18-or 19-year-olds, more things like this will continue to occur. What about the UCL titles? Well, we can win in a decade or two.

Big flop
manuelbavarian
Getting the hang of it

Postby bbenno » Mon May 14, 2018 6:33 pm

Yes, sadly all things point to him being a flop.
We should have loaned him back to Benfica immediately after purchase and made him take
some german leasons. But luckily Bayern were at least a little bit smart making a lot of the payment as bonuses, even though the fee WAS high.
I just can’t see the point in selling him now (as rumor will have it) as his market value will be quite low after Swansea (to put it mildly) :roll:
ATM I would let him go for 25 maybe even 20m. But I would prefer to give him ONE more year to prove himself.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby DerKaiser » Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 am

according to the video sanches will no longer play for bayern and will probably be sold to benefica
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 3:27 pm

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby manuelbavarian » Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 pm

We dream with Bailey, Pulisic, Dybala, Griezmann..

and Rummenigge wakes us up with Renato Sanches.

It's been realy tough to endure him
manuelbavarian
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Who else thinks Renato Sanches is completely set to fail? Rummenigge says he'll be back next season but with that competition in his playing positions how does he even stand a chance of succeeding? I am fully expecting him to get very little playing time and then be either sold or loaned out in January. I'm still hopeful that this guy can succeed, but for now it has to be away from Bayern IMO.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 pm

MUTU wrote:Who else thinks Renato Sanches is completely set to fail? Rummenigge says he'll be back next season but with that competition in his playing positions how does he even stand a chance of succeeding? I am fully expecting him to get very little playing time and then be either sold or loaned out in January. I'm still hopeful that this guy can succeed, but for now it has to be away from Bayern IMO.
If we sell Vidal and Rudy (which we should) and Kovac decides for a 442 (which he should), then there would be plenty of chances for Renato in MF.

PunkCapitalist

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:Who else thinks Renato Sanches is completely set to fail? Rummenigge says he'll be back next season but with that competition in his playing positions how does he even stand a chance of succeeding? I am fully expecting him to get very little playing time and then be either sold or loaned out in January. I'm still hopeful that this guy can succeed, but for now it has to be away from Bayern IMO.
If we sell Vidal and Rudy (which we should) and Kovac decides for a 442 (which he should), then there would be plenty of chances for Renato in MF.

If we sell Vidal and Rudy and Kovac goes for 4-4-2, Renato would still need to battle it out with James, Thiago, Martinez, Goretzka and Shabani for 2 places. It'd still be 6 players for 2 places on the pitch.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

If we sell Vidal and Rudy and Kovac goes for 4-4-2, Renato would still need to battle it out with James, Thiago, Martinez, Goretzka and Shabani for 2 places. It'd still be 6 players for 2 places on the pitch.
What???? No. I mean a diamond 442 or a wide midfielders 442. Lewy and Müller in the 2, then:

James--------------Tolisso
(Renato)-----------(Goretzka)
--------Thiago-Javi
--------(Goretzka-X)

Or

----------James
----------(Ribery)
Thiago---------Tolisso
(Renato)------(Goretzka)
------------Javi
---------(Goretzka)

Thinking about it again, we shouldn't even sell Vidal if we play 442...

PunkCapitalist

Postby aterford » Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Yeah, that's kinda my thinking. I'm hoping for the best - as I said elsewhere, seems like a good "Kovac-player" for me...but it's still a long shot.

IF Kovac takes to liking him...
IF Kovac switches to a system that can accommodate more midfielders...
IF we end up selling Vidal or Rudy or both...
IF we assume Sanches is ahead of Shabani in the pecking order...
IF Thiago picks up an injury (of course, it's not out of the question...)

Even in the very best-case scenario for Sanches...

He's still behind Martinez, Tolisso, James, Müller, and presumably Goretzka for a midfield spot...and if we chose to play with more "wide midfielders" then I think you have to add Robbery, Coman, Gnabry into the mix (of course, can't see them competing for the *same* spot but if they play it's one less spot on the pitch for Sanches)...
Even in the very, very best case he's still probably our 6th, 7th choice for a midfield spot...and if Thiago stays healthy or Vidal/Rudy aren't sold, then he's more like 9th choice... Kovac will have to seriously commit to rotating players a lot for Sanches to really get many minutes.

But, on the plus side, Sanches won't be going to the World Cup whereas a lot of our midfielders are. So Sanches - if he buckles down - should have a good opportunity to get a head-start in training and give Kovac a good impression. Plus we should expect some of our players to come back and need rested - and, let's be honest - some will probably pick up injuries. So missing the WC could be fortuitous for Sanches...tbh I think it's his best chance into the squad going forward at this point. Just needs to make a very strong impression early.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 17, 2018 8:28 pm

aterford wrote:

Yeah, that's kinda my thinking. I'm hoping for the best - as I said elsewhere, seems like a good "Kovac-player" for me...but it's still a long shot.

IF Kovac takes to liking him...
IF Kovac switches to a system that can accommodate more midfielders...
IF we end up selling Vidal or Rudy or both...
IF we assume Sanches is ahead of Shabani in the pecking order...
IF Thiago picks up an injury (of course, it's not out of the question...)

Even in the very best-case scenario for Sanches...

He's still behind Martinez, Tolisso, James, Müller, and presumably Goretzka for a midfield spot...and if we chose to play with more "wide midfielders" then I think you have to add Robbery, Coman, Gnabry into the mix (of course, can't see them competing for the *same* spot but if they play it's one less spot on the pitch for Sanches)...
Even in the very, very best case he's still probably our 6th, 7th choice for a midfield spot...and if Thiago stays healthy or Vidal/Rudy aren't sold, then he's more like 9th choice... Kovac will have to seriously commit to rotating players a lot for Sanches to really get many minutes.

But, on the plus side, Sanches won't be going to the World Cup whereas a lot of our midfielders are. So Sanches - if he buckles down - should have a good opportunity to get a head-start in training and give Kovac a good impression. Plus we should expect some of our players to come back and need rested - and, let's be honest - some will probably pick up injuries. So missing the WC could be fortuitous for Sanches...tbh I think it's his best chance into the squad going forward at this point. Just needs to make a very strong impression early.
In any 442 I see Lewy, Wagner, Müller, Gnabry and Robben competing for the 2 spots up-front. I see no position for Coman. Then it would be Thiago, James, Tolisso, Vidal, Javi, Ribery and Renato for 4 spots, which is pretty good.

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News