You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby bbenno » Fri May 04, 2018 8:08 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
bbenno wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:BILD | Bayern are ready to pay about €100m for Paulo Dybala

CorriereTorino | Bayern has made enquires for Paulo Dybala. Juventus knows he is not untransferable.

Sport Mediaset | Juve will not reject €100m offer for Dybala from Bayern. That amount will be enough to sell him. They are serious in Paulo Dybala and they would be ready to pay 100 million for him.

It's funny how people still think that SS is his first position. Probably watching (or not) Juventus for first year.

Send via carrier pigeon.

What is his first position? I’m quite curious (i’m not being sarcastic here).
Finally, someone who is not afraid to ask.

Send via carrier pigeon.

Aha! Thanx!

But do you think Bayern would use him as such? Isn’t he a bit strange as Lewi replacement? They are very different in playing style...
Do you think he could be converted to a right winger?
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby aterford » Fri May 04, 2018 8:12 pm

I am sure he *could* do it but I'm confident if we were to buy him it'd be to play as a center forward.

Note that I'm not saying we *should*, just I suspect that's how it would go

Though, for what it's worth, a few years back I used to always buy Dybala for Bayern on Fifa and FM and he always turned out to be a star :mrgreen: :lol:
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 pm

bbenno wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
Send via carrier pigeon.

Aha! Thanx!

But do you think Bayern would use him as such? Isn’t he a bit strange as Lewi replacement? They are very different in playing style...
Do you think he could be converted to a right winger?

To be honest, i don't think that it's strange to FINALLY turn to another type of striker after seeing that we cannot score after 25+ crosses in 2 games.

Specifically, the intention of a cross is to directly bring the ball into the box from an angle that allows the attacking forwards to more easily aim for goal with their head or feet. This is working against our weak ass opponents in the Bundesliga (most of the time), but as we can see is hard to score in this way against the top teams of Europe.

Watch the goals of Lewandowski. You are going to see that he cannot dribble to save his life, he is not creating chances for his teammates (yes, his job "is to score goals, not creating something out of nothing", many will say), defenders are often engaging to him when he is close to the penalty area, because most of his goals are between 3-10m in front of the goal.

Lewy is not so deadly as many people think. He is not at the Europe's top 10 strikers in shot per game/goal stats (i can find it if you wanna take a look), if you take the penalties from his goals.. you're going to see what will happen with the number. For me, he is the typical "target man" up front, becaouse of lack of technical ability.

If you look at my blog
post [source]
, i already talked about changing the game style with Gnabry playing as an striker in role similar to the Firminio (you can find more about that in the blog post), but with Dybala this can be completed even better. He is extremely technical striker, small, and relies heavily on his technical abilities to score goals. He have a low center of gravity, which allows him to pass defenders easier.

His key passing is better than Lewy's (1.6 per game; Lewy 0.8 per game), dribbles per game (2.8 per game; Lewy 0.6 per game), Dybala is fouled more often, needs less shots to score goal, the only negative thing about him will be that he is losing the ball 1 time per game more than Lewy and he will not score too many goals with headers (he doesn't need to; it's not his style);

With him playing as an striker, so many opportunities will be opened, that people will wonder why we have not tried this style so far. I can still talk a lot about the topic, but I'll do it if the rumors continue.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Fri May 04, 2018 9:04 pm

I’m afraid this is just another Alexis Sanchez type of rumor...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Fri May 04, 2018 9:13 pm

You know Isiah that's an interesting possibility you bring up.
I think for many we just kinda operate under the assumption we need to have a big striker who can put his back to goal, hold up play, be physical, maybe a more 'target man' type of striker or that Dybala (or similar) is too small, not physical enough, can't hold up play, too technical, wrong style/fit, whatever....
It's similar to how we hear that we have to be looking only for inverted wingers who prefer to cut in and shoot.

Well, maybe we do, maybe we don't. Yes, that's how it's been in the past, but there's no reason it has to be that way going forward. We don't have to only buy a left-footed right winger and a right-footed left winger. And we don't *have* to buy a big, strong, tall, physical, etc striker.
Dybala is a very different type of player than Lewy, it's true. But that doesn't mean it can't work. Now, if we try and sign Dybala but insist on playing exactly as we have been? Yeah, that will probably fail. But there are adjustments that can make it work.

All that to say: I'm still not sure he's the best choice or if there's better value for the money. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. And this isn't me trying to knock on Lewy. All I am saying is (it sounds like you are saying the same) that it shouldn't be taboo to consider looking at a different 'style' of CF. Again - this isn't me knocking Lewy or saying sell him today - but perhaps a different type of striker is what the team needs, I don't know.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri May 04, 2018 9:38 pm

That's right aterford. It can turn either way, but still the word is up Kovac asked for him. I'm not expecting from him to change his mind on the formation or the style of play, just because he will be in Bayern. I believe one of the reasons that he was "the chosen one" is because of his flexibility with the team and because he is not afraid to try new things. Yes, this can work or maybe not. The same thing goes not for Dybala, but for every player coming to the team.

To be honest, i always liked players who can make plays for himself, can score from long range and it's not waiting for somebody else to put him on good position & eventually scoring a goal. In my eyes, Dybala is that type of player.

I'm tired with seeing the same mistakes over the years again and again. The team and the fans need something different.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Paulo Dybala [Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala]

Postby #12 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:15 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:People are discussing Dybala and Griezmann... On a Bayern forum...

Man this is a classic... You must not know this club...

Also it'd be plain dumb when we need wingers desperately...

You're regularly having page long discussions about how likely it is that we'll win/lose. Just as futile if you ask me.

I'm regularly right

I wasn’t pointing at the futile part, but again at the likeliness... I think it is more likely we’re playing with our U21 than seeing any of those two playing in Munich - for the home side...

At least with that price tag - and kinda rightfully so...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby hgb09 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:22 pm

I really laugh when I read the forum nowadays. Everytime we are linked with a player everybody is against citing reasons such as the price, position, injury-proneness. Who do u want to sign? Who is good enough in ur opinion? Messi? Neymar? That is not gonna happen. If u don’t watch Dybala, u won’t know how much talented he is. Also who said that he doesn’t offer something new? Should we always like every single season rely on Müller and Lewandowski who can’t score to save their lives? Same scenario every single season. Injuries at the crucial moments, 100 crosses per game, no goals from set-pieces, forwards missing all their chances.
Dybala offers something that nobody does in our team. Dribbling, pace and scoring. We don’t have this type of player and he has 100x times more talent than that loser Müller.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby OhioFan » Fri May 04, 2018 11:36 pm

Saumensch
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bbenno » Fri May 04, 2018 11:39 pm

hgb09 wrote:I really laugh when I read the forum nowadays. Everytime we are linked with a player everybody is against citing reasons such as the price, position, injury-proneness. Who do u want to sign? Who is good enough in ur opinion? Messi? Neymar? That is not gonna happen. If u don’t watch Dybala, u won’t know how much talented he is. Also who said that he doesn’t offer something new? Should we always like every single season rely on Müller and Lewandowski who can’t score to save their lives? Same scenario every single season. Injuries at the crucial moments, 100 crosses per game, no goals from set-pieces, forwards missing all their chances.
Dybala offers something that nobody does in our team. Dribbling, pace and scoring. We don’t have this type of player and he has 100x times more talent than that loser Müller.

I was about to partly agree with you up until you wrote that last bit...that s#*~ is over the line! [-X
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby #12 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:54 pm

How many World Cups has this Dybala guy won? How many CLs?

Didn’t think so...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby 1911 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:00 am

I’m pretty optimistic and usually pro-signing and pro bigger squad, but not this guy. We’re Bayern. We have a strong #9 and pace comes from the wings. And we don’t stand for personal non-sense.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nnemani92 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:28 am

#12 wrote:How many World Cups has this Dybala guy won? How many CLs?

Didn’t think so...

How many world cups and CLs had Neuer won before we bought him. That’s just not a sound argument, I’m sorry.
nnemani92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:33 am

nnemani92 wrote:
#12 wrote:How many World Cups has this Dybala guy won? How many CLs?

Didn’t think so...

How many world cups and CLs had Neuer won before we bought him. That’s just not a sound argument, I’m sorry.

It IS a sound argument when someone claims Müller is a loser...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BayernFL117 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 am

hgb09 wrote:I really laugh when I read the forum nowadays. Everytime we are linked with a player everybody is against citing reasons such as the price, position, injury-proneness. Who do u want to sign? Who is good enough in ur opinion? Messi? Neymar? That is not gonna happen. If u don’t watch Dybala, u won’t know how much talented he is. Also who said that he doesn’t offer something new? Should we always like every single season rely on Müller and Lewandowski who can’t score to save their lives? Same scenario every single season. Injuries at the crucial moments, 100 crosses per game, no goals from set-pieces, forwards missing all their chances.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News