You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matthijs de Ligt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Matthijs de Ligt

Postby Jorge » Tue May 28, 2019 7:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Jorge wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I read that Man Utd have given up

Depending on what you are talking about, it is a fact.
Re the capture of the Ajax captain

It was a sarcasm: ManU have given up in so many other things.........
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby gumboduncan » Tue May 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Jorge wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:At the moment we don't really need de Ligt even though I'm a very big fan of him. The board decided to go elsewhere and I think we've addressed our defensive problems with Pavard and Lucas.

Not sure that we do not need De Ligt. Who do we have besides Sule? Hernandez, a little older could settle well paired with Sule but for many reasons I believe De Ligt still have a lot of room to grow and become probably one of the best central defenders of all times. All the factors are there. Pavard is a question mark. Nobody knows for sure how well a Bayern jersey will fit on him, for the most part he has been a liability on the back for Stuttgart, but Stuttgart sucks, the only reference is France and there he plays mainly as fullback and he is average if you ask me. I do discount him becoming a good replacement for Rafinha as fullback with the option to play on the center when a starter is injured or suspended, nothing more.
In summary, I am not sold on the idea that are defensive problems are solved, consider also that we do not have a defensive midfielder by trade going into the future, unless that Kovač's idea is to move Kimmich to the center which we all know is an aberration.

What I mean is that at the moment Bayern have four very good central defenders (five with Boateng, but he'll most likely leave this summer). With two starting spots for four very good players. Hummels had a good last season, nothing spectacular, but he's still a very good central defender. Süle had a very good season and is clearly cornerstone for Bayern and Germany. Then you add Lucas and Pavard. Lucas will commend a starting place just because of his transfer fee. Bayern didn't sign him to be a rotation player or a backup. Pavard is good signing because he's a versatile defender just like Lucas. I'm not sure how Kovac will find a spot for him because I think Kimmich will be our RB. He's great there and average as a defensive midfielder. So why should Bayern buy de Ligt with these four very good options available? de Ligt might have the brightest future out of Süle, Lucas and Pavard (Hummels is getting old), but Bayern decided to activate Lucas' release clause for a reason IMO. I believe they've checked out of the de Ligt transfer poker and decided to go with Lucas. Lucas and Süle could be our starting CB combo for years to come. As you can see I'm very high on Süle. I think he's approaching world class status. Bayern have bigger issues to solve then adding a fifth CB that will not accept sitting on the bench regularly. If Bayern wanted and thought they could get de Ligt then I really doubt they would've signed Lucas.

With Sané apparently available, I think Bayern should go very hard after him. That will be very expensive and giving that Bayern have already spent over €115 million on two defenders, I really doubt we'll spent another €80-90 million on another CB.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Jorge » Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 pm

˄ Not sure that I agree. As I see it Hummels is on the onset of his career and Pavard is an utility player, from what I have seen unable to anchor a central defender spot beyond our domestic obligation, but a decent fullback.
That leaves us with Sule and Lucas only as reliable world class option going into the future. Plus De Ligt has true leadership temper at a very young age, we are certainly lacking that type of influential player on the field. I'd say, if De Ligt deals falls apart with the big clubs we should make a move, this type of players do not come along very often and if you think he is expensive now, wait 3-4 years and you will see. Can we afford buying DeLigt and Sane on top of what we spent so far this year? yes, we could sell one of our benchwarmers form our crowded midfield, that will partially finance the operation but we will be set up in the position for the next 10 years.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby gumboduncan » Tue May 28, 2019 10:06 pm

I think it's completely unrealistic to expect a club, let alone Bayern, to spend over €300 million in a single transfer window. Bayern will not (cannot) sign both de Ligt and Sané after spending €115 million on two players. Things do not work like that at Bayern. Bayern don't have €300 million in the bank according to their last accounts. Uli and Kalle have said it many times that Bayern don't finance their transfer with loans. Real Madrid and Barcelona do that but they've done that for decades. PSG and Man City just pump more oil. Yes, we could sell Boateng and possibly Sanches, but I don't think any other player would be up for sale. Those two sales wouldn't get Bayern over €50 million IMO. So again, I think it's unrealistic to expect us to sign three players for €80 million or more. Esp. when our transfer record before was €41 million.

I'd much rather sign Sané then de Ligt as I think our defensive players are set.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:20 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby gumboduncan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:17 pm

I've said this since we bought Lucas. Doesn't make sense since we need to strengthen our winger and central midfielder positions.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby RVABayern » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:31 pm

I can’t wait to hear the ****ing our fans do about having no defenders when Sule or Hernandez inevitably get hurt. It will be the same ones saying pass on De Ligt
RVABayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:43 pm

RVABayern wrote:I can’t wait to hear the ****ing our fans do about having no defenders when Sule or Hernandez inevitably get hurt. It will be the same ones saying pass on De Ligt

Oh Is Sule injury prone? Thats news to me.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:46 pm

RVABayern wrote:I can’t wait to hear the ****ing our fans do about having no defenders when Sule or Hernandez inevitably get hurt. It will be the same ones saying pass on De Ligt

But we still have Pavard and Hummels? :-k
Another nice to have transfer, just like Jovic.
----------- Lewandowski ---------
Gnabry ----- Havertz ------ Sané
--------- Thiago --- Tolisso -------
Alaba --- Lucas -- Süle --- Kimmich
---------------- Neuer -----------------

Coach: Erik ten Hag
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RVABayern » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

Injury prone means nothing at FC Broken. Even Lewy gets hurt. Odds are one of them is hurt by December next year and we’re facepalming wondering if Pavard can handle crucial UCL games.
RVABayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:08 pm

RVABayern wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

Injury prone means nothing at FC Broken. Even Lewy gets hurt. Odds are one of them is hurt by December next year and we’re facepalming wondering if Pavard can handle crucial UCL games.

Lol! There is pessimism and then there is what you have. Maybe take sometime to cool down, missing out on one defender especially when we have already bought two World Cup winners for a combined price of 120m is usually a good sign.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:24 pm

RVABayern wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

So ideally you'd want 5 world class CBs at the same level?
Yeah, newsflash, that isn't going to work.
----------- Lewandowski ---------
Gnabry ----- Havertz ------ Sané
--------- Thiago --- Tolisso -------
Alaba --- Lucas -- Süle --- Kimmich
---------------- Neuer -----------------

Coach: Erik ten Hag
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:15 pm

I really wanted de Ligt, but even with Boateng leaving I don't think it was a possibility unless one more CB left, too.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:38 pm

Poor match from him today so far. Conceded a penalty and then got owned by Sancho which almost resulted in a second.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:26 pm

LOL at us...me and you...
He scored the equalizer although it is not his primary duty
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News