You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matthijs de Ligt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Matthijs de Ligt

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:02 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
#12 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:[quote="kod2600"]With all due respect to Lucas and Pavard, but it's deals like this that can REALLY show how dead serious we are in the market.
It's great start with both of the guys, especially Lucas.
But it's not enough. Almost every year when we bring some good players, we buy average guys 2 weeks later.

You mean like Arp, Pavard and Werner on ine end and Lucas (who remains a question mark) on the other?

I accept a lot of your theories, but you're wrong about Lucas being a question mark. Dude is putting a World class performance week in and week out. The only way that we could **** up with him is not to manage his injuries (when they happen)..

Arp is a flop, no question about it.

Personally I'm OK with Werner for the right amount of money, as long as he's not blocking some other transfer. It's best to get for free next year, but it's unlikely to happen.

Pavard is still not a WC player, but he's better than everything that we've got at the moment. He played out of position for the first time in 1 year to win the World Cup with France, and he's much better with good midfielders in front of him. Still, with great profile - he's the guy who's going to make "the pass" /like Boateng and his long passing in his prime/, we're missing that at the moment.

I'm not worried about him, I'm worried about Sule. [/quote]

I was talking about his injuries precisely...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

#12 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
#12 wrote:[quote="IsiahRashad"][quote="kod2600"]With all due respect to Lucas and Pavard, but it's deals like this that can REALLY show how dead serious we are in the market.
It's great start with both of the guys, especially Lucas.
But it's not enough. Almost every year when we bring some good players, we buy average guys 2 weeks later.

You mean like Arp, Pavard and Werner on ine end and Lucas (who remains a question mark) on the other?

I accept a lot of your theories, but you're wrong about Lucas being a question mark. Dude is putting a World class performance week in and week out. The only way that we could **** up with him is not to manage his injuries (when they happen)..

Arp is a flop, no question about it.

Personally I'm OK with Werner for the right amount of money, as long as he's not blocking some other transfer. It's best to get for free next year, but it's unlikely to happen.

Pavard is still not a WC player, but he's better than everything that we've got at the moment. He played out of position for the first time in 1 year to win the World Cup with France, and he's much better with good midfielders in front of him. Still, with great profile - he's the guy who's going to make "the pass" /like Boateng and his long passing in his prime/, we're missing that at the moment.

I'm not worried about him, I'm worried about Sule. [/quote]

I was talking about his injuries precisely...[/quote]Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding then.

Well, this is his first serious injury in his career, for now we're fine.

I cannot understand how players who never suffer from injuries /only small ones/ are struggling with some of them in Bayern.. Tolisso is the newest case - I follow him since 2011 and he barely missed more than 3,4 games in season & now he missed almost the whole season with his injury..

We cannot talk only about "luck".. I don't know.. We can only hope for the best.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:15 pm

There's nothing to announce – De Ligt dismisses Barca talk [source]
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby munchen99 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 pm

"The teenage centre-back's midfield team-mate and international compatriot Frenkie de Jong, 21, has already agreed a move to Barcelona at the end of the season, and De Ligt is widely expected to follow in his footsteps."

While very unlikely I would be so happy if we stole him right under their noses.
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 pm

What’s with all the spite and Schadenfreude?

I mean seriously, we can only tale hoy in harming others?

Getting a player like that would be - for the first time EVER - a sign Bayern want to permanently be a European top side! And we’re happy because we "stole" the player from someone else?? Sad...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby munchen99 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 pm

#12 wrote:What’s with all the spite and Schadenfreude?

Getting a player like that would be - for the first time EVER - a sign Bayern want to permanently be a European top side! And we’re happy because we "stole" the player from someone else?? Sad...

LOL please...
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:59 pm

munchen99 wrote:
#12 wrote:What’s with all the spite and Schadenfreude?

LOL please...

I'm just saying, "stealing him from right under Barca’s nose" would make like 1% of the orgasmic feeling his signature would bring for me...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:05 am

According to ESPN information, Bayern are out of the race to sign Matthijs De Ligt.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby kod2600 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:19 am

IsiahRashad wrote:According to ESPN information, Bayern are out of the race to sign Matthijs De Ligt.

Of course we are...
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 pm

I don’t think we were ever IN a race... We're taking sloppy seconds once all other race contenders crash...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Juventus might be his new team
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby GoatHCW » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Not even attempting to get de Ligt is a major mistake. He is a generational talent and only 19 years old.
Bayern could be set on defense and not have to worry about making any defensive signings for potentially the next 4-6 years

Alaba 26 yr old
Kimmich 24 yr old
Pavard 23 yr ld
Hernandez 23 yr old
Sule 23 yr old
de Ligt 19 yr old

Why doesn't the board understand this? With this move you've now created the most talented back line in all of soccer and all besides Alaba haven't hit their prime (25-29) yet. Plus imagine how good this line could be with a season or 2 playing together.

Yes he will cost money and we already bought Hernandez, but how about instead of wasting money on Werner when he doesn't even fit our playing style we instead use that money towards de Ligt?
GoatHCW
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RVABayern » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Our shortsightedness of our board is why fans have started waiting to see us lose the league and pokal. It might take utter humiliation to get through to them. That’s what it took for some certain clubs. Barca, Real, Liverpool, etc.
RVABayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Well, the bad thing is that all sources are saying that Barça are leading the race, they are 1 step ahead..
I don't know how much is Brazzo ready to pay for him, but i doubt that he can match their offer.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Well, the bad thing is that all sources are saying that Barça are leading the race, they are 1 step ahead..
I don't know how much is Brazzo ready to pay for him, but i doubt that he can match their offer.

I don’t even think we’re in for him... Thing is: I'd rather spend 80m now and be all set for 7-8 years than buy another defender every other season... Also cheaper...
People on here were saying Barca were no big player anymore once Messi is done...

They stand a good chamce of winning it this season... Plus:
Dembelé, DeJong, DeLigt... They are buying players that are already better than our "prospects" (Sanches, Werner, Süle, Pavard) will ever be - we will never be on par with them...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News