You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matthijs de Ligt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Matthijs de Ligt

Postby bastos80 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:45 pm

Fénix wrote:
Barcelona have to offload 2-3 defenders to make De Ligt their member and also sell 2-3 players for big money to make De Jong, De Ligt and Jović deals possible.

I don't know how that would speak for us though, considering our CB situation is arguebly better than theirs.
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:12 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I just don't think Hummels will leave. He's still a very good player. It's also about having to many top players at for same positions. Of course if both Hummels and Boateng will be sold then we have to find another CB, but I doubt it's going to be one of the hottest piece on the transfer market.

Why would de Ligt sign with Bayern to be potentially a backup? When all players are healthy then we would lineup with Alaba at LB, Lucas and Sule at the CB and Pavard/Kimmich at the RB. Just doesn't make sense to me. We need to strengthen our attacking lineup. When Lewandowski doesn't get good service, we usually play badly. Look at both Liverpool games for example. Having a world class defense is not going to help us score goals against top teams.

You always crack me up! Really, you’re hilarious! I mean we’re not gonna get deLigt in a hundred million years, I agree, but Pavard and Süle would eat dust against deLigt... Heck you might argue Pavard is better than Süle, and to you he's a starter?
Buncha wannabes playing like pink rabbits!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Achilles wrote:Signing De Ligt would be an absolute statement in the market but signing both Lucas & De Ligt is an earthquake!!!
Matthijs has said that he wants to play in Bundesliga someday but I think Barcelona have already an agreement with him.

To me he is the real next big think in his position.
Next top big-things:
CB - De Ligt
AM - Havertz
SS - Werner
RW - CHO

We're heavily linked with all of them, hope we can have the majority

Werner?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby German-American » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:52 pm

Achilles wrote:Signing De Ligt would be an absolute statement in the market but signing both Lucas & De Ligt is an earthquake!!!
Matthijs has said that he wants to play in Bundesliga someday but I think Barcelona have already an agreement with him.

To me he is the real next big think in his position.
Next top big-things:
CB - De Ligt
AM - Havertz
SS - Werner
RW - CHO

We're heavily linked with all of them, hope we can have the majority

I agree, except on the point that there is already an agreement between him and Barca. There have not been substantial rumors about him going to barca, it has been all bogus talk about agreements.
Obviously Barca want him, but I doubt there is an agreement
Kovac Out!!
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Barcelona Ajax had always perfect relationships, I mean check this out
Barca & Ajax are exploring an agreement about a transfer relationship between them [source]
they have history long ago and I believe that paying €150m for arguably the best talents in their positions is nothing compared to what they will benefit from them in the future. De Ligt to me is a lost battle, he is on his way to Barca, I'd be surprised if he joins other club let alone Bayern who have already paid 80m for a single CB and 115€ in total already for defenders, there is no logic to get another record breaking CB as much as I love De Ligt skills he is gone...

As for Werner and the mock he gets around here, I'm sure all of you mocking him would be the first to shoot the board for not signing him once he goes abroad to a top club. I see no harm signing Werner as second striker, Muller is dead, James case is on the air, I prefer a young, hungry and skilled footballer than an ex-player or someone who wants to leave. I'd be against a Werner transfer only if he blocks Jovic or Havertz.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:10 pm

Barcelona can't swallow the entire Ajax in future and it's not in interest of Ajax to become a farmville for Barcelona, especially now when they are playing their best CL season since the late 90's.

De Ligt may be on his way to Barcelona, though, this doesn't he has become a Barcelona player yet. Let me just refresh Beckham, Ronaldinho, Neymar and Malcom examples. We know what happened in their cases and which sides suffered from a giant slap in the face.

When they announce it as they did with F. de Jong deal, then everyone else can't do a thing.

bastos80 wrote:I don't know how that would speak for us though, considering our CB situation is arguebly better than theirs.

Really? I wouldn't say so... Their defense looks way better than ours in almost every single aspect except fullbacks.

They have 6 CBs at the moment, they signed 2 French CBs in less than a year, Pique(32) is still playing and not moving to the bench.
All 3 Frenchies have less than 26 years, the latest and the young one came in January 2019 from Toulouse. It's already a very strong competition and with De Ligt's arrival one of 4 CBs would have to leave, most likely Umtiti who doesn't want to leave.

They have a good advantage since it's no secret the Dutchman sees Barcelona as his first option for a move, but not the only one.
We have to try and do it, don't give enough room and time for Barcelona to breathe, do their math and calculate when, how and how much.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby xevi » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:45 pm

If we have hummels, pavard, sule and lucas that's almost the same as having pique, lenglet and umtiti. Todibo isn't barça material for next year i think. And if de ligt goes to barça umtiti will leave for sure.

In bayern's situation i may think that they would keep hummels as barça would keep their cb's. Thing isn't about the need but the name, de ligt. I'm sure both teams would like to wait til next year before sign more players but they know de ligt is the bussiness for next 10 years so everybody have to make an effort cause it's now or never.

Of course i want to de ligt but what happens if we can't cat the player we want to cause we need money for de ligt?

I'd be ok keeping muller and hummels for next year and neuer and lewa for the next two.

Also i would like to give a chance to sule-lucas
xevi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:43 am

Don't underestimate Juve or Milan (if they manage a top 4 finish)
His agent is Raiola, just saying...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Valerio » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:43 am

ramsej84 wrote:Don't underestimate Juve or Milan (if they manage a top 4 finish)

why would he go to Milan?
Beside Milan already has Romagnoli and Caldara coming back which are quite young themselves + Musacchio and Zapata as subs.
And what's more I don't see Milan having money for De Ligt.
They still have to pay half of the players they have! Like Bakayoko,Kessie and Conti.
All bought on 2years loan and obligation to buy xD
Valerio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:58 am

Valerio wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Don't underestimate Juve or Milan (if they manage a top 4 finish)

Beside Milan already has Romagnoli and Caldara coming back which are quite young themselves + Musacchio and Zapata as subs.
They still have to pay half of the players they have! Like Bakayoko,Kessie and Conti.

You are right there...
in fact you just reminded me that they might sacrifice Kessie to buy Bakayoko.

imo Barca are the most likely destination for him, second comes Juve and we in third.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby German-American » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Valerio wrote:

And we already have Alaba, Süle, Lucas, Pavard, Hummels, Kimmich, and Mai...he will have to fight for his spot regardless.
Kovac Out!!
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ztoth » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:43 pm

German-American wrote:
Valerio wrote:

And we already have Alaba, Süle, Lucas, Pavard, Hummels, Kimmich, and Mai...he will have to fight for his spot regardless.
If we buy him we will sell Hummels. And Mai is not competition for him.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én CLT-L29 eszközömről
Ztoth
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby German-American » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm

I am not sure selling Hummels is guaranteed.
Kovac Out!!
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:29 pm

German-American wrote:I am not sure selling Hummels is guaranteed.

It pretty much is should we get de Ligt tbh. And I doubt our decision regarding a player like de Ligt would depend on Hummels.
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Do people still think we gave a chance to land deLigt? Seriously??
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News